Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealdaebat

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jul 10, 2012, 05:14 AM
Quote from: Danny Keyes on Jul 09, 2012, 08:24 PM
rip and upload that shit!

can't. it's against SL rules ;D. plus, i don't have a cassette player, nor do i intend on getting one. yay!

really? well you know, i have eros on vinyl but i can't rip it either. tough luck ha!?
[/quote]

I'll upload that shit if enough people here request it. The vinyl copy really isn't too rare (2,000 copies). It doesn't have the covers they did on it though, which is Alice In Chains - Rooster, and Santigold - Desparate Youth (fucking sounds awesome, listen to the original if you haven't heard it. He tweeted a link to it some time ago.. One of their best covers... Anyway I'll try to up it in the next couple days... You don't have to be an asshole and hoard shit, Rome.. fucker..
[/quote]

WHAAAA THEY DID ALICE IN CHAINS!?!  If anybody has any of this stuff I would love to get a hold of a copy.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Vesanic

You might want to know that deftoolsys07 is a massive troller.

slyartwork

What a crap.

Of course there are more tapes around. Its has an printed sleeve, they wouldnt print a sleeve for just one cassette. Nevertheless its rare. So please try to find somone to rip it for you and upload it. How do you know if the versions sound different if you havent got a cassetteplayer?

Thanks
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

cvthedrv

i am so upset by reading this thread...

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

snw9

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote from: blondie on Jul 09, 2012, 05:16 PM
i have a copy of this; it's nothing special. the only differences are:

*my own summer has an intro
*bqad has a longer, different ending with different lyrics
*no girl on mx and sounds different from the album version

the quality is pretty shit, nowhere near what they're asking for. i'd say 50 bucks tops.

seconding this and adding pretty please

Yes, please upload the tape ripped in .FLAC.
Code: [Select]

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: snw9 on Jul 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jul 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote from: blondie on Jul 09, 2012, 05:16 PM
i have a copy of this; it's nothing special. the only differences are:

*my own summer has an intro
*bqad has a longer, different ending with different lyrics
*no girl on mx and sounds different from the album version

the quality is pretty shit, nowhere near what they're asking for. i'd say 50 bucks tops.

seconding this and adding pretty please

Yes, please upload the tape ripped in .FLAC.
Yes please!

jbmp1390

You don't have to be an asshole and hoard shit, Rome.. fucker..

Finally some goddamn sanity about this kind of shit. But, at this point though I've come to expect very little in terms of people on this board actually being cool and sharing so called 'rare' things. If they did that they wouldn't have anything to lord over the other tones fans. Anyway if you want to upload those covers you said you have you know that many of us would appreciate it, but it's your choice.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

from_musings

i'd love to hear the covers, especially disparate youth  ::)

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
i'd love to hear the covers, especially disparate youth  ::)
Dude I heard the studio version of Katy Perry's Fireworks fucked everything else they've ever done in the mouth. True story

from_musings

deftoolsys07

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 10, 2012, 09:22 PM

Finally some goddamn sanity about this kind of shit. But, at this point though I've come to expect very little in terms of people on this board actually being cool and sharing so called 'rare' things. If they did that they wouldn't have anything to lord over the other tones fans. Anyway if you want to upload those covers you said you have you know that many of us would appreciate it, but it's your choice.

Oh sorry dude I was just kidding haha... As V said, I just like to troll/spam a lot. I don't own the tape nor have they covered those songs. Especially since "Disparate Youth" just came out this year lol....
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

jbmp1390

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 10, 2012, 09:22 PM

Oh sorry dude I was just kidding haha... As V said, I just like to troll/spam a lot. I don't own the tape nor have they covered those songs. Especially since "Disparate Youth" just came out this year lol....

You son of a bitch. Nah, just kidding, just kidding. I had a feeling you were bullshitting because I had never heard of them covering that shit. And like you said Disparate Youth is rather recent haha. I really just wanted an excuse to vent about the way some fans, and not just of this band, just have a weird instinct to hoard shit and then brag to others about it. And you don't troll/spam nearly as much as some other people on here that I will not name. cough, musings, cough

from_musings

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 AM

oh, you don't have to explain to him that it was a joke..apparently.. he knew this all along

;D

jbmp1390

I had a feeling, but I'm sorry I bothered you by asking a simple question.

deftoneseba

So... no money will be collected this time? 20 people, 25 bucks each. Lossless for those 20 and MP3 for the rest of SL.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

snw9

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
So... no money will be collected this time? 20 people, 25 bucks each. Lossless for those 20 and MP3 for the rest of SL.

I say we negotiate. Regardless of how many people are willing to pay, its not worth 500 dollars.
Plus blondie says he has the tape so possibly he can rip it for us soon
Code: [Select]

deftoner664

In a Rob Schnider voice * " RIP the fucking tape!"
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

from_musings

this board is funny to me, the tone is usually sweet and tender... like "luisch, thanks for posting a twitter picture here, don't know how i'm ever gonna re-pay you for this, what can i say - you're awesome". but when a dude says he have expensive rarities, ppl go "just rip them files and post them here already, what's taking you so long? stop hoarding stuff like this. asshole" wtf?