Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caín

Fuck you guys for not following through. I would have given 80 bucks.

from_musings

awesome. good to see you back V. could be beer doin the talking, but i feel an emptiness around here when you're not here.. like something's missing  awww?  8)

Vesanic

Was having a blast at Dour festival. Back to no-life style.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Was having a blast at Dour festival. Back to no-life style.

that's great, did you get any band to change their setlists ;)

brace yourselves, "off line" coments are coming

Vesanic

Nope, not that I wanted to, haha.

I see you're getting more and more hate from almost everybody. Congrats.

jbmp1390

I don't hate musings. I may feel that way sometimes but I don't really mean it. He just has strong opinions, plus the impulse to fuck with people a little bit. I can't say that those aren't qualities I don't see in myself. We all mostly just need to calm down around here sometimes, myself included.  Regardless of how his posts make me feel sometimes, it's ultimately no big deal. This is a board where we all come to chill and chat about our favorite band. Not get pissed off over meaningless disagreements.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

KnaveMurdok

So uh... so uh... I know i'm super tardy to the party but uh... did nobody get this tape? :( :( :(

Vesanic

Way to bring 2011 back to our faces

Shit could it get dramatic in here!

snw9

Quote from: MrVesanique on May 10, 2016, 12:06 AM
Way to bring 2011 back to our faces

Shit could it get dramatic in here!

I recall this thread very well and the few people who wanted to get their hands on this tape. I am still willing to chip if this tape resurfaces.
Code: [Select]

KnaveMurdok

2011 was a trying time for a lot of us, and I am sorry o__o

But I am just now hearing about this tape and am super thirsty for it.

snw9

Quote from: KnaveMurdok on May 10, 2016, 10:04 PM
2011 was a trying time for a lot of us, and I am sorry o__o

But I am just now hearing about this tape and am super thirsty for it.

Don't sweat it man, its bound to NOT come out.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Why would you be sorry lol

Anyway, the person who was kind enough to pass along the tracks just recently told me I still couldn't share them. And I don't want to do what I did with the White Pony instrumentals, it was a dick move.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM
So, there is this guy selling a demo tape of Around the Fur for 500 US dollars

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deftones-Around-Fur-14-Mixes-Uncut-Pre-Mix-Studio-Master-Cassette-Tape-/190615123221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c618bf515

People who have paid are:

SomeOf: 80$
deftoneseba: 120$
Vesanic: 100$
Penicks: 50$
juvenile: 50$
Jesus2Chino: 20$
Heisenberg: 20$
Inkblades: 20$
poofing acid: 20$
buddyboy101: 20$

Reminders:

- Only people who pay will get the lossless rip of the tracks. This will NOT be shared on the internet, YouTube, or whatever. This is 500 US dollars, keep that in mind.
- Since deftoneseba has paid the biggest amount and he's the one who has let us know about the tape, HE will keep the cassette.
- I will rip it into lossless tracks and those will be sent to all the people who contributed.
- If anything goes wrong, I will pay everyone back, don't worry.

Keep that in mind: 500 is the starting bid and it's still on for 5 days... I'm not SURE that we'll be able to win it.

I'm confused.

There is no such thing as a studio pre mix MASTER cassette tape. There can be tracked reel to reels, unmastered.

If this is the case, then a person with high end studio equipment should get it, at least for a while to mix it down and master it.

I have this gear and the ability to do it and I don't mind matching his payout, then sending the originals to him when I am done with the mixdown. But this needs to be legit.

Vesanic

He probably just means it's an original copy and not a further generation, like VHS tapes?

Knucklestones

Maybe we'll finally get to hear this for the 20th anniversary.  ;) ;)

defTHE1s

Quote from: Knucklestones on Aug 05, 2017, 02:53 AM
Maybe we'll finally get to hear this for the 20th anniversary.  ;) ;)
May God hear you!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...