Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Bqad, you talk about the auctioneer bringing down the price if we wait, but you also mention that you have lost items from him before even after bidding more than once. Why would the same not happen for this? I understand that those items were a hell of a lot cheaper than what he wants for the ATF demos, but who knows for sure? The ATF demos are also a hell of a lot rarer than a single. How much did he originally want for the ones you bid on? It looks like his auctions are popular, and there are a lot of Deftones fans out there. A lot of fans who don't post on this forum.

Also, I have no use for a cassette. It's not the early 90's anymore. Might be memorabilia for some and that's cool, but, to me, it's an outdated piece of plastic that I would most likely lose or break.

Vesanic

I have sent two messages to this guy and still no answer. I'm not too sure about this.

Bqad

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 18, 2011, 07:12 AM
Bqad, you talk about the auctioneer bringing down the price if we wait, but you also mention that you have lost items from him before even after bidding more than once. Why would the same not happen for this? I understand that those items were a hell of a lot cheaper than what he wants for the ATF demos, but who knows for sure? The ATF demos are also a hell of a lot rarer than a single. How much did he originally want for the ones you bid on? It looks like his auctions are popular, and there are a lot of Deftones fans out there. A lot of fans who don't post on this forum.

Also, I have no use for a cassette. It's not the early 90's anymore. Might be memorabilia for some and that's cool, but, to me, it's an outdated piece of plastic that I would most likely lose or break.

I never mentioned losing any items from him. You must have read my post wrong. I have seen him sell many Deftones items over the years and have him as a saved seller on eBay. I also don't know what you meant by saying "The ATF demos are also a hell of a lot rarer than a single." If you're talking about those 2 singles I linked (sold by a different seller) that ended pretty low, then you're actually wrong about that as only a very small amount of those type of cassettes are made.

Inkblades

My bad. Didn't realize it was a different seller.

But when I say rare, I mean content-wise.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
I have sent two messages to this guy and still no answer. I'm not too sure about this.

If we're paying through paypal we're still safe if the guy decides to not send the tape. It drags on but we're safe. Check out the page now. We can buy it right away for 800. Im starting to not want this lol.

Code: [Select]

Vesanic

First the shipping was 7 dollars, then he changed it to free shipping, and now he put it back to 7 dollars and put up the Buy-it-now deal for 800 bucks... What the fuck ?

snw9

Thats messed. if he doesnt reply then fuck it. I have this strange feeling that someone else is competing with us or he knows we're trying to get. How often do sellers change the details right near the end?
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

He replied.

Hi - sorry I haven't returned your messages. I've been really sick & haven't been online for a few days. I used to work for Maverick & the head of sales gave the tape to me at a convention. There were only 12 & I'm guessing that this is one of the only ones remaining. This is one of the rarest pieces I know of & if you listen, you'll know it's the real thing.

I replied and asked him about the differences between these tracks and the tracks we know. I also asked him if he had any other Deftones material. Let's see what happens.

Bqad

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 18, 2011, 12:07 PM
My bad. Didn't realize it was a different seller.

But when I say rare, I mean content-wise.

Exactly, that's also what I said in my other post.....that the ATF demos have rarer content.

Bqad

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
First the shipping was 7 dollars, then he changed it to free shipping, and now he put it back to 7 dollars and put up the Buy-it-now deal for 800 bucks... What the fuck ?

There's actually nothing wrong with what he did. Sellers can change details like that. It's still the same opening bid but he giving someone the option to buy it now for $800. I'm willing to bet he saw this thread and that's why things changed.

Vesanic

Quote from: Bqad on Dec 19, 2011, 06:52 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 18, 2011, 04:17 PM

There's actually nothing wrong with what he did. Sellers can change details like that. It's still the same opening bid but he giving someone the option to buy it now for $800. I'm willing to bet he saw this thread and that's why things changed.

I didn't say there was anything wrong, it's just weird.

ignore the fashion

I have always found it funny when people sell something on ebay for as much as this guy is asking and still want shipping on top of that. I mean if it does sell he will be getting at least 500 bucks, whats it going to hurt to spend a few bucks out of your own pocket and not charge for shipping?

Penicks

skinnypuppy

I'm willing to throw in 50 for this. 100%

Anyway, rare stuff like this definitely exists. I found a box full of over 100 different mixes and cuts of limp bizkint, stained, puddle of mudd and korn music at a music execs garage sale the other day. thought about buying it and putting it on ebay, but honestly some things are better left unheard. especially from the above bands i mentioned.

I KNOW for certain a demo version of Adrenaline exists, which I'd kill for. A friend of mine who worked at a different label had a copy, but couldnt find it for me.  

Vesanic

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Dec 19, 2011, 09:13 AM
I have always found it funny when people sell something on ebay for as much as this guy is asking and still want shipping on top of that. I mean if it does sell he will be getting at least 500 bucks, whats it going to hurt to spend a few bucks out of your own pocket and not charge for shipping?

My thought exactly.

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
because people are greedy cunts

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 19, 2011, 11:33 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Dec 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
thought about buying it and putting it on ebay, but honestly some things are better left unheard. especially from the above bands i mentioned.

Haha I guess so, but you could have made gold out of these bands' rarities. What matters in something like that is not if it is any good or useful, but how much you can make out of it.

Vesanic

Still no bid so far, which is good for us !

When should I place the bid ? Tomorrow in the morning, is that good ?

To those who wanted to contribute but haven't had the chance to: we'll probably make a oneloveforchi collect after the end of the auction. We'll sell the tracks to you and I'll make a whole big donation to oneloveforchi, in the name of everybody who has contributed.

pinkmaggit

I think this guy is asking way too much!
He has 0 bids so far so I wouldn't rush into giving him $500, which obviously noone else seems to think is worth nearly that amount hence 0 bids so far.
Then when he sees noone has offered him $500, he shoots the buy now price up to $800!!!
Does anyone actually no for sure exactly how rare this tape is?

slyartwork

I've never seen this tape before and I've seen a lot....

Lets buy it, I always bid a few minutes before the auctions ends.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Danny Keyes

500$ just for an unmastered version of around the fur? no thanks, it'll probably be the same tracks with minimal difference and im not willing to pay for that. either way happy bidding guys enjoy the tracks.