Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Lol yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Oh well.

skinnypuppy

its probably not going to sell for 500. no matter how rare, deftones stuff isnt worth THAT much sadly. the problem is, if you dont buy it at 500, and it never is put back up on ebay, you're fucked. this is truly one of those deals where you either lose or win, and anything in between is unlikely.

i should put up my rarities on ebay to help fund us to get a copy of this demo cassette ;)

rxjustine

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 19, 2011, 11:43 AM
To those who wanted to contribute but haven't had the chance to: we'll probably make a oneloveforchi collect after the end of the auction. We'll sell the tracks to you and I'll make a whole big donation to oneloveforchi, in the name of everybody who has contributed.

This is great - count me in 100%

Vesanic

The more comments I read, the more I want to pay everyone back and forget about it.

Deftones-argentina

Do what feels right to you and the group, V. Maybe you should talk again about this.

deftoner664

I'm all for ripping it and selling the tracks for a contribution for Chi.... If you really care about the tones' this would be the best option for the fans, the band, and ultimately Chi. Dont be selifsh greedy bastards.... But, if you ALL choose to be that way... then so be it... Shit... At least let some us keep chipping in and if we get enough V could just buy it now for 799 lol that way we'll ensure that the members of this forum get it!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

BillyNo.9

I agree with Deftones-Argentina. V ain't trying to rip people off or keep this shit exclusively for himself. I think considering the time and price he's done a good job at organizing this.

deftoolsys07

Whatever happens, I know that I'm not going to pay a dime, only because I'm currently unemployed and literally don't have a dime. Scraping money for cigarettes and beer.  But I think whatever the solution is here, please give some back to Chi. That should be the constant here. After all, it is his music. Totally down with that.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

The guy replied

Hi- The biggest difference is that most of the tracks are played continuously - there aren't any breaks between the songs. There's a lot of stuff that just didn't make it onto the final record, and that's why these recordings are called 'rough cuts', because these tracks eventually get trimmed down and polished for the final release version.

hope this helps

Deftones-argentina

Well, the no pause betweeen the songs is a constant in the whole record (except BQAD).

Deftones-argentina

I start to have the thought that this guy is no deftones fan and doesn't have a clue what's really on there.

Inkblades

If he can't describe what the differences are in the specific songs, I say we bail.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
If he can't describe what the differences are in the specific songs, I say we bail.

I agree.

I've sent this:

Could I ask you to be a little more specific about the differences between those tracks and the final ATF tracks ? Like, what's the difference in My Own Summer, etc... I don't want to pay 500 dollars for just a couple of seconds that I haven't heard.

Vesanic

SomeOf has decided to take her money back. So I guess the whole thing is dead. I could accept some other people's help, but seeing the replies of this guy, I'm not sure about this at all either, and it's better to stop, imo.

I'm paying everyone back tomorrow.

Penicks

E-Money

I'm down to contribute but this is sounding more sketch everyday. If u guys still want to do it I'll throw down.

Bqad

Vesanic

He replied

As far as being more specific, I don't know what to say... these are the rough cuts, there's probably at least 15 minutes more of music on this version. This was given to only a few people and the band... I'm willing to say that only a few exist, so what you're paying for is the rarity and a chance to hear the album before it was mixed-down.

I really don't know what to do now. I need your opinion, guys.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2011, 06:13 PM
He replied

As far as being more specific, I don't know what to say... these are the rough cuts, there's probably at least 15 minutes more of music on this version. This was given to only a few people and the band... I'm willing to say that only a few exist, so what you're paying for is the rarity and a chance to hear the album before it was mixed-down.

I really don't know what to do now. I need your opinion, guys.

Cancel the bid, its worthless. 15 minutes of extra music for 500? Plus we don't even have a sample to know what it is exactly. Who cares how rare it is, its around the fur that we all have
Code: [Select]