Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodywars9000

bebo

Agreed

Sorry I didnt have 50 bucks to shell out on the interwebs today

Jesus2Chino

I think it was set up that way because if there was an indefinite number of people pitching in, it would have been an impossible effort to organize. Joking aside (i.e. the ''I'm feeling greedy'' comment), I'd be inclined not to share it out of respect for the people paying 5 or 6 times what I did. If at some point they decide they want to share, I'm all for it; if not, than I understand.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Sicario

I was referring to sharing it on YouTube and other places like mediafire or other places where people download shit.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

tarkil

I have no access to EBay (I'm at work) : what's so special with this tape ?

EDIT :
OK, so I managed to see what was on, and it does look great !!!
I guess it's too late to chip in, or is it still possible ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Dec 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
I'll be more amazed if the people who recieve this, if it's legit, are selfish enough not to share such a cool find with the rest of us. The rest of us "strangers" bound together here in love of Deftones.

Personally i'd be pretty pissed, considering i would have paid plenty if i had the opportunity, which i did not. I love Around the Fur, and i'm sure many other ppl here too, and "deserve" to hear it just as much as any other guy, that just happened to throw 20 bucks into a fucking hat.

WTF.

For all that, i hope it's fake and you d-bags eat your words (let's not share! lolz!), and get ripped off in the process...
I can't really say that though, only cuz i really hope it's real either way. Assholes.

Haha, that was predictable.

defsteve

Idiots.

Think I'll bid $550 just for a laugh!

;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Said I'd chip in but unfortunately I'm not one of these guys  who stay logged on SL 24/7 sucking cock and I seem to have missed out. D-bags....... It'll come out sooner or later from someone good.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Vesanic

Quote from: defsteve on Dec 16, 2011, 08:45 AM
Idiots.

;D

Well it's an auction, that'd be fair.  :)

defsteve

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Dec 16, 2011, 08:53 AM
Said I'd chip in but unfortunately I'm not one of these guys  who stay logged on SL 24/7 sucking cock and I seem to have missed out. D-bags....... It'll come out sooner or later from someone good.

Don't worry about it. It was just someones plan to acquire a $500 cassette for $120. Looks like it worked! Haha

defsteve

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
Quote from: defsteve on Dec 16, 2011, 08:45 AM
Idiots.

;D

Well it's an auction, that'd be fair.  :)

On a serious note. Hope you have a backup plan in case someone does bid more money ?

defsteve

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Dec 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
change the name to "hoarding lungs" lol

Change the name of this thread to "Hey everybody. Give V some money so he buy this rare cassette"

:D

Vesanic

Quote from: defsteve on Dec 16, 2011, 08:56 AM
On a serious note. Hope you have a backup plan in case someone does bid more money ?

I guess some more people will have to join. If we don't win the auction, everyone will get their money back, of course.

Quote from: defsteve on Dec 16, 2011, 08:57 AM
Change the name of this thread to "Hey everybody. Give V some money so he buy this rare cassette"
:D

I think that's an easy interpretation. But hell it wouldn't be your first time.

raynor

you guys are fucking mad, I'm telling ya.

mothraw

someone of you who gets the tape should sell it to everybody for 100$ each and donate the money on one love for chi

Crazylegs

Vesanic

I have decided to take 20$ back, and Sebastian will add 20. So, HE will get the tape, not me. But don't worry, I assure you, you can trust him, he will make a proper rip for every person involved. He's been my friend for years now, seriously, don't be afraid. :)

I am still in charge for the payment, no worries on that point either. The cassette will be sent to me first, I'll make a rip, then Seba will get it and keep it.

Besides, HE let us know about the tape so I guess it's fair. And I personally don't care about keeping the tape as long as I get the tracks at the end of the day.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
I have decided to take 20$ back, and Sebastian will add 20. So, HE will get the tape, not me. But don't worry, I assure you, you can trust him, he will make a proper rip for every person involved. He's been my friend for years now, seriously, don't be afraid. :)

I am still in charge for the payment, no worries on that point either. The cassette will be sent to me first, I'll make a rip, then Seba will get it and keep it.

Besides, HE let us know about the tape so I guess it's fair. And I personally don't care about keeping the tape as long as I get the tracks at the end of the day.

Yeah,  it's fine. So far no bids, just 4 more days.
So that guy got the tape from Maverick's head of sales eh? I think he can hook us up with some other internal deftones tapes lol, what do you think? It may be a possibility.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

I have sent him a message yesterday asking him about the authenticity of the tape, I'm still waiting for his reply. Once I have it, I'll ask him about some other eventual material.

Deftones-argentina

This points some interesting facts:

_The history about Mx being name after max ("Macks") and then pulling the A out of it is actually true.
_Mascara's first name was Lu Lu. If this would have stayed this way, then new metallica's would been named Mascara?
_Seing that the 14 tracks are the album songs + the 2 covers + Crenshaw, this discards the possibility of Bumble D being recorded for the album (or finished, but I think my guess is it wasn't even tried.)
_That doesn't mean that proper demos from the songs (and other ones, such as happened with SNW) exist. Still 1997 was a different time and I don't think both the mindset nor the resources of the band were in recording demos. Could be wrong, it's just speculation.
_Maverick was all over it, auditioning the deftones creativity before the album was handed.

_I want to clear what the content of this tape might mean:

"most songs are longer" = BQAD not having fade out. Actually none of them having artificial fade out and hearing the entire portion, such as feed back & so. It MIGHT have some parts that we haven't heard on the record.

"before mixing down"= not mixed that might mean from not EQ'ing & compressing to hear voice's unproccesed (distortionless & so), even an arrangment or effect that wasn't used, or things that were used and aren't heard on the demo tape. basically what I imagine is that this mix down was only leveling up the volume's instrument, if any more processing is there, then I don't know. It might, after all it was handed to Maverick, they would like to please the bosses as much as possible

Of course we're talking about unmastered tracks.

Hope this info is usefull, good luck with the bid, if the bid gets higher I'll probably contribute some cash to it.