Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RON PAUL 2012

Started by alvarezbassist17, Dec 18, 2011, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

Alrighty, my friends.  Things are really getting exciting here in the US.  The Federal Reserve has done everything it possibly can to destroy the purchasing power and security of the dollar, while still maintaining its status as the global reserve currency.  The federal government has made a complete mess out of the economy with its excessive debt, its massive tax take, its ever burgeoning entitlement liability, and the exponentially increasing complexity of its regulations.  Congress has abdicated its responsibilities in rein in the executive branch's ever more militant behavior, and our unconstitutional, disgusting war activities across the globe only contribute to our bankruptcy and undermine our relationships across the globe.  We have begun to turn the military-police paradigm we use across the globe back on ourselves.  

There is a chance to stop all of this in its tracks, and it is a vote for Ron Paul.  He is and has been consistently against all of these things for 12 terms in Congress.  Due to his recent rise in the polls and the inability of the media to ignore him anymore, I have become heartened and have decided to really increase my efforts in stumping for him, including going door-to-door for the first time in my life for anything.  I thought because hopefully in my 7000+ posts here over the years (okay, maybe not ALL of them ;)) I've built up enough cred that I don't just have the appearance of a bullshitter and I want to use this little forum to help out his cause.

So I made this topic to try to answer any questions anybody has about Ron Paul: where he stands on the issues, where you differ with him, etc.  My hope is to get people to overcome their aversions to him and help me spread the word in the little time we have, because I believe that there is a chance to win this thing and actually change what looks to be a pretty fucking gloomy future from where I'm standing.

So ask me anything you'd like: economics, foreign policy, civil liberties, environment, the Constitution, ANYTHING.  If you're not from the United States but are interested in Ron Paul or the issues he discusses, I'd be more than happy to talk about it, but I obviously won't be able to be as specific regarding policies in countries other than the US.  I promise to be civil and to use my best efforts to answer any questions you might have.  

And thanks for reading even this far.

IN LIBERTY,
Corey

P.S. He was on the Tonight Show on Friday and it was an excellent appearance.  Very good place to start if you don't know very much about him.

Ron Paul & Joe Rogan on the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno

raynor

How long until the dollar crashes, which then eventually makes the euro to also crash?

A year, three, five?

downtownpony

The biggest issue I hear about amongst conservatives is Ron Pauls foreign policy, which is completely opposite to the other candidates policies. I don't see why he doesn't mention more often that he gets almost twice as much donations from the military than all the other republican candidates combined.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/07/ron-paul-military-campaign-donations-/1

downtownpony

Here's a couple qualms over Ron Paul that I've seen on facebook.

Again. The things he does and the things he says he wont do are 2 different things. He SAYS that he has agenda to tamper with abortion rights. Yet he authors bills regarding abortion rights. http://thomas.loc.gov/​cgi-bin/bdquery/​z?d110%3AHR02597%3A%40%40%4​0L&summ2=m&

and he says he has no intention to get in the middle of marriage rights. yet he authors bills like this: http://thomas.loc.gov/​cgi-bin/bdquery/​z?d110%3AHR00724%3A%40%40%4​0L&summ2=m&

I know the Racism thing is a dead horse of sorts and people will draw their own conclusions about the information but, here is more of the same type of thing from Ron Paul.http://​www.theatlantic.com/​national/archive/2011/12/​ron-pauls-shaggy-defense/​250256/       Just an idea of what some of his haters are gonna throw at you.

wither-I

Abortion?  Marriage?  Racism??

Whatever man, none of those issues even matter right now.  (even his stances on all of these issues are fair)

We're in a world of complete bank ownership of the world, of endless wars that only benefit oil companies and defense contractors. 

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is even TALKING about this issues,  he's the only one even bringing up all of the blatant attacks of the Constitution. Unless you're pro war, pro debt slavery, anti rights, and anti constitution  then there is no logical reason to support anyone else.   

"coming into the nearness of distance"

chick de la lynch

Even though the issues downtownpony brought to light may not be the most important issues as of right now, they will be apart of his presidency if Paul gets elected. Those issues will affect the country later down the line. He's just looking at the bigger picture, which is logical and pragmatic.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: raynor on Dec 18, 2011, 06:32 PM
How long until the dollar crashes, which then eventually makes the euro to also crash?

A year, three, five?

It's impossible to say just when, because it's all based on sentiment and whatnot.  It is pretty obvious how fucked up and rigged the market is, mostly because so many of these countries can still actually sell bonds when they are clearly insolvent.  So I know it's a total non-answer, but the collapse comes when people realize how badly they're being screwed over by holding bonds from insolvent countries who have decided to simply print the money to pay these back.  

It's not even possible to say that the Euro won't tank before the dollar.  Not to say the US isn't at debt-levels that are absolutely fucked, we are, but that's just it: the political aspect to the whole thing has taken away every bit of sense in investors, and for some reason they have believed that the dollar is the safe haven because it's had such "strength," which is really just perception.

Quote from: downtownpony on Dec 18, 2011, 06:51 PM
The biggest issue I hear about amongst conservatives is Ron Pauls foreign policy, which is completely opposite to the other candidates policies. I don't see why he doesn't mention more often that he gets almost twice as much donations from the military than all the other republican candidates combined.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/07/ron-paul-military-campaign-donations-/1

Yeah, it's fucking irritating.  I've been showing a lot of people this video and have gotten a really good response:

You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy

Quote from: downtownpony on Dec 21, 2011, 03:05 AM

Here's a couple qualms over Ron Paul that I've seen on facebook.

Again. The things he does and the things he says he wont do are 2 different things. He SAYS that he has agenda to tamper with abortion rights. Yet he authors bills regarding abortion rights. http://thomas.loc.gov/​cgi-bin/bdquery/​z?d110%3AHR02597%3A%40%40%4​0L&summ2=m&

and he says he has no intention to get in the middle of marriage rights. yet he authors bills like this: http://thomas.loc.gov/​cgi-bin/bdquery/​z?d110%3AHR00724%3A%40%40%4​0L&summ2=m&

I know the Racism thing is a dead horse of sorts and people will draw their own conclusions about the information but, here is more of the same type of thing from Ron Paul.http://​www.theatlantic.com/​national/archive/2011/12/​ron-pauls-shaggy-defense/​250256/       Just an idea of what some of his haters are gonna throw at you.

Those first two links are broken :\  I don't have time to do the research myself, but if you can find those references elsewhere, I'd be glad to address them.

Here is an absolutely great post that someone made on the DailyPaul about those racist newsletters:

http://www.dailypaul.com/193306/ron-paul-newsletters-fact-from-fiction

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Dec 22, 2011, 08:11 PM
Even though the issues downtownpony brought to light may not be the most important issues as of right now, they will be apart of his presidency if Paul gets elected. Those issues will affect the country later down the line. He's just looking at the bigger picture, which is logical and pragmatic.

I agree with both of you.  Downtownpony sounded like a supporter to me, merely bringing up the arguments where it isn't so clear-cut that he's better than the other candidates.  Also, if these are issues that close someone's mind to the rest of his platform, then they must be addressed and overcome.  Fortunately, the truth is on Ronny's side :)

But Wither-I is definitely correct in stating that there's issues that will have a much more profound effect on everyone's lives where it is absolutely clear that Paul is the only one on the correct side of (or hell, even bringing up) the argument and it would be nice if people would just stick to those (which, I've found, they do.  Most of this bullshit just comes from the hyperventilating of the media).

deftones86

Ron Paul. Hes the only person running that I could vote for. He really could save the country, which is why I dont think they will let him.

defskull

Pretty much. And I feel like a lot of people have problems distinguishing his PERSONAL views and his POLITICAL views. I think it's great that Ron Paul's personal and political views don't always match up. He firmly believes in these freedoms for the people, even if he disagrees with say abortion. I don't understand why more politicians aren't like that. Don't have political views based on your personal views or what will make you most popular. Political views should be thinking of every single American. 

tarkil

So, looks like unfortunately he didn't get get results in Iowa... Too bad, that would have been some change !!   :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

I can't believe people still vote for Santorum.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Yeah, I would really like to know how the hell Santorum gained popularity so quickly. He only missed out by eight votes. That's frightening, but then again it is Iowa. The Republican party seems to be all over the place right now, so who knows if Romney has this in the bag or not. I just hope to dear God it's not Santorum.

one weak

hooray for the republican party!

E-Money

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
I can't believe people still vote for Santorum.

Every Evangelical got to have their wetdream come to life for a couple of days.  He'll fade out quick. 

Oldnewtype

It was a setup man...

Only person who could possibly steal my vote for Ron Paul is Randy Blythe, and I don't really see that happening.

defskull

I really don't understand America sometimes. Everyone seems to be bitching about something wrong, but they still support candidates that will do nothing different. Our country needs real change. Not the bullshit that Obama was spouting. It's frustrating.

alvarezbassist17

You guys, don't worry about it! He still more than doubled his support in Iowa since 2008, and that was with more than a week's worth of constant barrages by the MSM after they've marginalized him the entire election!  But Paul's the one with momentum, Santorum does not have enough money to continue his campaign until the end, and because he was so marginal before, people haven't scrutinized him and seen what an obvious fuckstick he is. 

That is not to say that the rest of the road is going to be easy for Ron Paul, but people have noticed him after Iowa.  People are actually talking about him and are curious about him and his views.  And this is what I've been waiting for, because he is absolutely flawless in terms of the issues, and even if you disagree with him, it is so easy to find an issue that someone is at least a little passionate about where he is the only one on the right side.  The War on Drugs, the War on Terrorism, all of the things that he believes are state's rights (abortion, schools, drug policy, etc), the Federal Reserve, the EPA, the list goes on and on.  People are realizing that Obama and Romney are on the wrong side of all of these issues, and are actually starting to be curious about him and talk to Paul's supporters, who are extremely knowledgeable because we have to spend all day on the defensive because of people's aversion to libertarianism.  Republicans are also realizing that Romney will not be able to win against Obama because he will not get the votes from RP's supporters.

Be optimistic, and don't ever give up!  Even if he doesn't win, the fact that he's educated so many dedicated people means that there is a growing coalition of fighters for when things get truly bad, and that is motivation to keep spreading the message of freedom!

theis

Didn't know where else to post this, but Randy Blythe from Lamb of God wants to run for President.

http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese

Haha, damn.

Jerry_Curls

I love the Ron Paul got 2nd place in NH!

This is so exciting!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.