Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RON PAUL 2012

Started by alvarezbassist17, Dec 18, 2011, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

evidently idolatry has reached new heights.

Jerry_Curls

Nope, that happened when Obama was running for president and after he got elected. Promises of hope and change were the perfect marketing tool. His face plastered everywhere ... comparisons being made to MLK for no reason. People going GaGa for this non-president. Different face, same coin.

Its time for someone who actually wants to make this country better.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: one weak on Feb 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
evidently idolatry has reached new heights.

Agreed.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Feb 12, 2012, 02:52 AM
People going GaGa for this non-president. Different face, same coin.

Its time for someone who actually wants to make this country better.
I know where you're coming from, but it's still a little harsh.

How about we get a fucking Congress that wants to make this country better.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

People elect the Congress, that's the problem.  We're all getting the type of government we've asked for, either directly, or through inactivity.  The people have declared time and time again through voting or abstaining from voting that they want cradle-to-grave welfare and a global police force... and don't really want to pay for it.  Look, we NEED spending cuts and Congress can't even do that, and it sure isn't because they're all the polar opposite of the President.  There's only a handful of Congressmen and Senators who have the nuts to say that the party is over, that it's time to get back to work and that we can't afford to support the most politically connected people anymore.

On that note, it's pretty hard to defend Obama (or any president in my memory).  I can't think of one example where he's actually leveled with the American people about what our situation is, and can bring up a zillion where he's done the exact opposite.  Not to mention that I can't think of a single policy change he's made that has done anything to help this situation.  I mean I'm not all about the personal attacks, I have nothing to prove that he's an asshole or malevolent, but when you look at the policies, they're all exactly what you don't want to do to get an economy on track.  I couldn't have made a better plan for destroying capital if you gave me a year and a year's supply of LSD.  So I don't get into the "Obama's a terrible person, blah blah blah" arguments because I think they distract from the real issues, but on the real issues, he's entirely indefensible.

I really wouldn't go quite as far as Jerry about praising Ron Paul, but you all will realize one day that he did save the country.  Even if he doesn't win the election, so many more people now know the truth about liberty and tyranny and are intensely motivated to spread and defend that message.  If it isn't him, it's going to be these people that rebuild once our currency is destroyed and the politicians on either side can't buy more votes and power with it.  He represents the truth, and when you see public's misinformed aversion to him, I think it really shows why people are too fucking out to lunch to even elect a congressman.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2012, 02:59 AM
Yeah it's all about who can be "American" and "Christian" enough in some circles. But of course those words are empty rhetoric and, like you said, it's all just sound-bites. Few people really look into all of this deep enough.

I was amazed today. A co-worker asked for my help with a paper. She HAD to write a paper FOR drug testing on welfare recipients. I don't believe in this, but I put an argument together for her for the sake of debate.
Well, the rest of my office is used to me throwing out some different ideas (they are all pretty white and pretty "republican" in their sense of the word).  So I couldn't believe when they started arguing with me for why I wasn't right on my stance FOR what they all believed in. It just seemed pretty apparent that some people have some serious pre-programed responses no matter what is being said.

I said it, so they know they disagree. Obama says it, so some people automatically disagree. The subject is raising taxes, so some people just automatically know they disagree regardless of the individual point. It's really getting old.

I'm sure the "conservatives" in Minnesota have the same reaction to a politician that pretty much said he hates gays, abortion, and everyone who isn't white.

Yeah, I had the same experience at work.  They were mostly right-wingers, but not really the evangelical types.  I got pretty much all of them to like Ron Paul, but it's still so weird to try to discuss issues with people who are only familiar with the mainstream narrative of everything.  It's definitely one of the most insurmountable cognitive dissonances out there; they just don't even know what to think if it's not within the political spectrum whose extremes are defined by Big-Government "Conservatism" (Santorum) and Big-Government "Liberalism" (Hilary Clinton).  And the whole "I need to pick a team to be on and I can't blaspheme against one of their talking points or major people" is fucking so beyond stupid.  Like really??  Is this really like your fucking college football rivalry or something??  Grow the mother-fuck up.

Another thing that really gets me is that if you're actually talking about what conservatism should mean (conserving the Classical Liberal tradition) or Classical Liberalism itself, neither involves Big-Government at all, so the debate has just been all fucked up by the sheeple-milkers.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality