Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS

Started by theis, Dec 23, 2011, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Apr 23, 2012, 06:42 AM
What he will not admit is that he and Damon Lindeloff are too stupid too come up with a satisfactory prequel so they created a whole new movie instead.

this is actually what i thought to myself when i read randomly here and there about this film."it's like a prequel to alien but then again it isn't one" and "this film is NOT a prequel to alien.however - there are many things that explains from where the aliens come from" wtf? who decides in before hand to make a half ass prequel? problem with getting the story together or what?" either you do a prequel or you don't pretty simple really. will check it out anyway, but i won't expect much because the makers of the film doesn't seem to know what road to take, maybe it will be a mess, maybe it will be awsome anyway

RoyalDeftonicBoy

bright lights, big city

This and Dark Knight Rises. That's all I need this summer.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Yay! Just read that's it'll be rated R!

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

FUCK YES!

I was getting worried about the possible PG-13 rating.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: theis on May 07, 2012, 05:28 PM
FUCK YES!

I was getting worried about the possible PG-13 rating.

Same here :) Im glad is rated R

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Prometheus TV Spot 4 Agenda

New TV Spot that shows new images ;)
Do not watch if you dont wanna be spoiled.

theis

Prometheus - 7/10

Good movie, but far from the masterpiece I was expecting it to be.

defskull

Also, interesting to note is that we were all afraid of the PG-13 rating yet it came out to be a rather tame R rated movie.

theis

It's anything but "tame".

I went and saw it for a second time and it was better this time. Bumping my rating to a 8/10.

Btw, the DVD/Blu-Ray release is gonna be 20 minutes longer.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Jun 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
This just made my day.
DERP

tarkil

Seeing this bad boy tonight...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

defskull

Quote from: theis on Jun 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
It's anything but "tame".

I went and saw it for a second time and it was better this time. Bumping my rating to a 8/10.

It was no doubt intense, but there wasn't much gore and it wasn't that graphic.

tarkil

I loved it, and am hoping for a sequel to understand a bit more about

[spoiler]the engineers, what killed them, what's with them wanting to destroy earth after giving it life, etc.[/spoiler]

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

BillyNo.9

Really want to see it but I can't remember lots of details about the Alien films, do you need to see the whole saga to get an understanding of the movie, or is it an unrelated concept that turns out to be the start of things?

from_musings

Really want to see it but I can't remember lots of details about the Alien films = haven't seem them.

you watched them at the age of 8 but can't remember because it so was so long ago? plow through them all my kind sir. the alien films are a must see. 'specially I & 2. call in sick from mc donalds (congrats to the work btw,nebver wrong with work) and then watch em all

theis

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
do you need to see the whole saga to get an understanding of the movie

No.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Really want to see it but I can't remember lots of details about the Alien films = haven't seem them.

you watched them at the age of 8 but can't remember because it so was so long ago? plow through them all my kind sir. the alien films are a must see. 'specially I & 2. call in sick from mc donalds (congrats to the work btw,nebver wrong with work) and then watch em all

From any other member on here I'd be surprised by that hostility, however not with you. You're like a troll version of herpes.
I've watched every alien movie a few times, spent time trying to workout the Alien/Predator timeline and shit. Just want to know if this movie has any major significance in that story, seeing as Ridley Scott changed the concept of Prometheus.

You might not understand but the UK is broke as fuck right now, despite appearances. Where I'm from you need a job. Government stops supporting me at 18 which is 3 months from now so I need to earn income.

What was your first job, I'm curious? not because I think it'll be better than mine, I'm just convinced you must be claiming a disability benefits for your mental condition.

Cheers Theis.

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 16, 2012, 12:36 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Jun 15, 2012, 11:07 PM

From any other member on here I'd be surprised by that hostility, however not with you. You're like a troll version of herpes.
I've watched every alien movie a few times, spent time trying to workout the Alien/Predator timeline and shit. Just want to know if this movie has any major significance in that story, seeing as Ridley Scott changed the concept of Prometheus.

You might not understand but the UK is broke as fuck right now, despite appearances. Where I'm from you need a job. Government stops supporting me at 18 which is 3 months from now so I need to earn income.

What was your first job, I'm curious? not because I think it'll be better than mine, I'm just convinced you must be claiming a disability benefits for your mental condition.

Cheers Theis.

sorry, got home a little drunk and it seemed to me that you had not seen them.not a big thing of course,I should've shut my mouth. iwas wrong in pushing buttons while I was honest with the congratulations,not a good mix.back in the day i used to work at burger king for a while and i got another job because of it.when i looked for the other job, the owner of that store actually said "well you're used to customers and know how to handle money, doesn't matter if you're selling burgers or vaccum cleaners" right or wrong, got another job partly because of it. and then with time i became vice manager, and then got another better job because of that. things can start snowballin, just gotta make that first snowball. which you have.it could be great.but i see that i wrote work's always good,i don't know..like there's this job where you mastrubate male horses and put the semen in jars, and then others put the semen into mares to make other fine horses. what do you do for a living "oh, i just jerk off horses from 9 to 5. you?" i kinda regret most of that post. i also can see how this is somewhat off topic

bright lights, big city

[spoiler]any theories on what the beginning Engineer was all about? Was that Earth he was on and then him introducing his DNA to our planet?[/spoiler]
DERP