Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

worth buying?

Started by Northcal, Dec 26, 2011, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

Im finally gonna give team sleep a try .which album is worth buying ,please help deftonians.also anything else worth buying as in kush,sol,and anything related? ???

Crazylegs

There isn't much to buy except the self titled album. Don't even bother with any of the others. Trust me.

elite54

TheyCallMeP

Yes, they are worth listening to. It is softer (in a good way) than the Deftones music but the lyrics and Chino's voice are still just as good. Check out the self-titled album

spirographed

S/T is awesome. Very mellow.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

deftoolsys07

S/T is the only team sleep album released. there is the album from 01 that was never released that you can find online that i personally like more. Sol Invicto is good, but there are no albums yet, only 1 free EP and another one to be released any second now... don't think Kush ever released anything, i just remember listening to their songs on myspace back in the day... they weren't bad either though... just b-real rapping over stef's riffs if i remember...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Inkblades

It's absolutely worth buying. It contains some really beautiful moments.

The unreleased album is great, too.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
It's absolutely worth buying. It contains some really beautiful moments.

The unreleased album is great, too.

Haha Inkblades, where is your signature pic from??
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Inkblades

Haha. Found it on the deftones.com photos section.

E-Money

Dude your sleeping on S/T. Definitely time to Give it a shot!

illthrowROCKS@U

Death by Plane, Appollonia, and Acoustic One are probably my favorite TS tracks. The S/T album is worth getting too.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Shadow46/2

Anyone have a link to this unreleased 01 album? I've searched for it but I've only found various disparate demos. 

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

godin

"unreleased 01 album"="various diparate demos" most likely

but they have a ton of awesome ideas in those demos which showcase Crook's beat skills much better than the released S/T. There are a couple eras of demos that were unreleased both before and after the release of the S/T album too. Some songs are good. some not so much. some are just short clips/ideas
Dingus.