Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Moreno (Deftones) + Nate Ruess (fun.) To Appear On Anthony Green New Album

Started by defsteve, Jan 06, 2012, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

sounds like a dad and his kid are singing karaoke together at father & son activiity day or something. sounds awful

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jan 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
sounds like a dad and his kid are singing karaoke together at father & son activiity day or something. sounds awful

ineedtofuckingsearch

Penicks

i tried listening to this faggot's music yesterday but it was just yelch

why does chino sound like plastic

skinnypuppy

Anthony Green is not a faggot, nor is anyone. Who even uses that word these days?

The song is awful, but both artists are obviously talented. It just didn't work out well in my opinion. Their vocal styles don't mesh. Unfortunate, too, considering they are two of my favorite musicians ever.

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Deftones-argentina

It sounds like a collaboration with crosses with anthony, wasn't what I was expecting, but I really like it.

ineedtofuckingsearch

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jan 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
It sounds like a collaboration with crosses with anthony, wasn't what I was expecting, but I really like it.

if you read the rollingstones article vesanic posted anthony says he was listening to the crosses ep while writing the song. then chino contributed some lyrics too and layed down some vocals. i agree, it does sound like a corsses song, which is prolly why i dislike it so much.

as a matter of fact it really reminds me of the snippet of a song used on the second teaser trailer for the second ep. anyone else think so??

illthrowROCKS@U

Sounds great.

I love Crosses, can't wait for the second EP! It'll be a million times better than this tho :P
Really don't get how you can dislike Crosses... Crazy people.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Inkblades

I was never really a fan of Anthony's voice. He sounds like MC Pee Pants from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Jan 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
I was never really a fan of Anthony's voice. He sounds like MC Pee Pants from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Lol! Excellent :D
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sicily

mc pee pants is actually mc chris who is pretty slick. but yea i dont like this dudes voice at all.

Vesanic

This is fucking bullshit, I swear. I'm really fed up with all this poppy bullshit. Couldn't we get some proper decent rock or metal ? Not that I dislike pop. Love it. But not when it's that kind of crappy pop.

Shadow46/2

Two of my favorite singers. Decent work. Chino's been sounding more and more poppy, but I can't say I hate the direction.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.