Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Who would you like to see work with the 'Tones?

Started by Robotsatemygrandma, Jan 18, 2012, 03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZND84

paul banks from Interpol or Dave Gahan, someone real monotone like them

cvthedrv

i'd like to see stephen carpenter (ex-deftones, arkaea, sol invicto) working with them again.

Slick

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jun 28, 2016, 02:56 PM
i'd like to see stephen carpenter (ex-deftones, arkaea, sol invicto) working with them again.

how many forget that after deftones first bassist left and was later replaced by chi, abe left the band for awhile also? glad he came back. #abe

HooiserBowhunter

I would love to see Joe Barresi Produce and mix an album with Deftones. I think he would bring out a ton of hidden gems out of a deftones album.

LG95

The first response in this thread nailed it.
I could float here forever

TheyCallMeP

I like a bunch of other bands but I am not sure who would fit Deftones style. For the sake of this thread maybe Beth Gibbons from Portishead.

defTHE1s

I'm begging for that to happen (Beth with Deftones), and also, Tery from Le Butcherettes.
Also, some collab with the guys from Gojira would be dope.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

B33HIV3

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Feb 06, 2012, 10:19 PM
I LOVE Wutang, have for 20 yrs, but please do describe what u picture them doing with Deftones or even Chino. I cant wrap my brain around it, enlighten me because I really am interested to know where hip hop fits into this category..... Black Moon sucked dick but maybe u picture something I don't. I know we all have varied tastes so don't take it the wrong way, I really want to hear this. ???

You were probably saying this, considering the career path that Deftones decided to take, distancing themselves from bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit to avoid being judged as a Nu-Metal band. They could have done something similar to what Limp Bizkit did with Method Man ( Wu Tang) or what Korn did with  Ice Cube and Nas.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=djeOkEg5pmQ&pp=ygUaTGltcCBCaXpraXQgTiAyIEdldGhlciBOb3c%3D
N 2 Gether Now - Limp Bizkit & Method Man (1999)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0IeZ8qS0k&pp=ygUNa29ybiBpY2UgY3ViZQ%3D%3D
Ice Cube x Korn - Fuck Dying (1999)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVbWw3RKg1w&pp=ygUIS29ybiBuYXM%3D
Korn ft. Nas - Play Me (03)

Penicks

that dude from crosses seems like a perfect fit

B33HIV3

You must not be talking about Chuck, 4sure, who eventually left the band, but rather about Shaun; he had already worked with Deftones on the SNW album. Chino doesn't seem to like the album, not that I'm implying it has anything to do with Shaun, but Chino always refers to the album as a dark time in their history. In any case, Crosses, they have now signed with Warner Records. This marks the band's first album with a major label. It's not worse than the collaboration Chino did with Trippie Redd, with all that satanic imagery, trying to appeal to the new generation as cool

Penicks

B33HIV3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADSTD-MprPs&list=OLAK5uy_m8yfdHNSilFe3-lRVPdYK9-2MOQVuoy84&index=14&pp=8AUB
Limp Bizkit feat Method Man,Redman & Dmx - Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle)

Even the version they made of 'Rollin' is a good example. I love this

Vesanic

what the fuck happened to this place holy crap

B33HIV3

Vesanic don't lie to yourself, you know you love Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$  and The Unquestionable Truth

Vesanic

dude what if I do shut up already holy shit

B33HIV3

I remember seeing you sing on your YouTube channel, not sure if it's the current one or which one it was. The song was 'Walking Away' by Limp Bizkit, not bad, but you should try 'Pollution' good cover though

Vesanic

Yeah you're definitely a weirdo, and it's hilarious how you think you're intimidating me (you're not) now please get lost

B33HIV3

Vesanic, don't trip. I was complimenting your cover