Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Dope" Demo?

Started by ruinfix, Mar 09, 2012, 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruinfix

Hey all,

I've had this Deftones song on my HD for years now, and I titled it "Dope". Now, I'm not sure whether this is another song or is the actual song that was mentioned in the New Music magazine article (reference: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=qCoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=deftones+vegetable+song+dope&source=bl&ots=bm3mYMTS73&sig=SrCqQvM6iAiSoptojn-uCqCbzoU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9FNZT-_MAueTiQet7pW6DQ&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=deftones%20dope&f=false). The end chorus sounds like he is shouting "Dope! Dope! Dope!" (or "Go! Go! Go!) What do you guys think? I've uploaded the track on YouTube to get your opinions.

Deftones - Dope (Demo)

And if I'm being a mega noob (which I hope not; I've been an obsessed fan since the late 90's... though my "Deftones lore" is a bit rusty of late) then please correct me.

P.S. I just did a search of the forums and the song came up in the Request Thread listed by def_linus. Is this the same song? And I've never heard of "Cold" before. He said something about it being part of the "Dope" song. Too much ambiguity!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

:D Man, noob here or not- who cares! I have never heard this before that I can recall and I myself am 31 years old and a fan since 1997 myself. Thank you very much for uploading and I can't say I've read here from anyone , anything about this track. Maybe I missed it but I thought I've heard everything. Then again, I don't research and dig like a lot of guys here do, nor can I contribute to anything in their rare discography/catalogue like others besides my own live experiences dating back to my first show in 1998 like some others. For me..... this is a first and I thank u soooo much. Is this track available as I think u said in the download n request thread??? Anyone else heard this or heard of it??? ???   But.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Thank YOU
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

ruinfix

Thanks for the reply. I'm 32, so we're not that different in age haha. I have the mp3 if you want it; just PM me your email. Or I can upload it on one of those free sites. :)

snw9

is it a high quality mp3 by any chance?
Code: [Select]

UrZ*

no demo.. just recordings of them rehearsing. Pretty sweet! :D
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Vesanic

Yeah, it was posted on a very early version of their website if I'm correct.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

ruinfix

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
is it a high quality mp3 by any chance?

Unfortunately no. I downloaded it from a Deftones site ages ago. Vesanic says it was the official site, but I don't remember if that was where I got it from. It was so long ago haha.

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

UrZ*

Plz upload it, i want the mp3 to try and get the sound quality a lil bit better
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

ruinfix

UrZ*

thx, when i'm done i'll upload it :-)

ruinfix

Thanks. Have you fixed levels with the Deftones' other demos?

slyartwork

This is probably a live recording from ± 1991.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Bqad

Goddamn! I haven't heard this in years. Thanks for uploading.

EsauLP

endstand

hello memory lover, you are mine

endstand

thank you, and photos are great ;)
hello memory lover, you are mine

EsauLP