Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Melanie Lyrics?" II (my approach)

Started by Teknoman, Mar 10, 2012, 04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teknoman

I remember that i really wanted to hear the studio version of this song and i was hoping that maybe, somehow the song would be included on Diamond Eyes, of course it wasnt there... then one day i decided to try to decipher the lyrics on this song 'cause i really liked it and wanted to know its meaning.

I got the lyrics mainly off this video, cause is the best recording so far, I used Adobe Audition to play around with the equalization and used noise reductors and stuff and even then Chino's voice wasn't clear enough, I also checked out other lyrics version accross the internet including the ones posted on Sharing Lungs, anyway... this is what i got:

() = variations between live versions
[] = words that should go in there

Excellent scam
[I've] been watching and all you've got [is]
[a] perfect (shape) smile
This is all, you want us
fuck it, its there (who's there?)

Dont want to fuck your lies
your goddamn fucking lies on us

It slows everything

I'll let you take me
and fix your own self
you pave the way through
now make it stop

Excellent scam
[I've] been watching and you'r not
perfect style
lies by lies you want us
fuck it in there,

No one can't deny your lies

It slows everything

I'll let you take me
and fix your own self
you pave the way through
now make it stop

Nothing makes us stay the same
Nothing makes us this
Nothing makes us take a break
Nothing makes us this 

Excellent scam
this is it, you want to
walk with style
lies by lies you want us
fuck it in there

No one can't deny your lies

I'll let you take me
and fix your own self
you pave the way through
now make it stop

I think the song is about fake people that fucks with your life.

Well thats it, im sure there are mistakes, please feel free to correct the errors you find 'cause english is not my first language and probably i mishear some words.

Wanna help? listen to the song here:

"Good" audio quality
Deftones - Melanie [Live]
Deftones - Melanie @ Spaceland in HD
deftones-Melanie

OK audio quality
Deftones - Melanie "New Music" (Front Row View) Live @ The Ventura Theatre Sept 08'
26 seconds of the new deftones song

"Not so good" audio quality
Deftones - "Melanie"? (09-19-2008 Ventura, CA)
Deftones "Melanie" Live. Song from upcoming album EROS.

PS. I got this for over a year now and decided to share it with you.

I make music too

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

8)Badass track.... excellent stab at it too. Sounds and looks close to what Chino writes... very abstract and weird. I love it man, lotta people here didnt like the track (what we heard anyways) I sure love it and know it's a great record locked up.  ;D It's my favorite! ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

the song is obviously about chino and sharing lungs. he's pissed off that so much shit is said at this board (been watching and all you've got) - obviously refering to all the opinions.
the "perfect smile" would be all the identical smilies that always look the same.  and he sums it up to that it's all lies (No one can't deny your lies your goddamn fucking lies on us)

but, he's angry because a part of him know the critique is true so in the record process he must rewrite stuff because of what's said about their music- (It slows everything). eros record process get's delayed. this is also what the "Nothing makes us stay the same,Nothing makes us this,Nothing makes us take a break" - they can't take a break and cant do what they want because of all the sl haters opinions slowing shit down

(I'll let you take me,and fix your own self) in the end, he lets us take his person/name and drag in the dirt and do whatever we want at this board, just so we can feel good about ourselves, in our other meaningless lives. he lets us - because he has no choice

[spoiler][/spoiler]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

TheShade1989

Nice work, looks accurate frm what I can tell. I like what I've heard of Melanie, but I dont tend to listen to it much or I wish I could hear a studio version, which is...an empty wish lol.

snw9

Great deciphering, Im gonna listen to it now with those lyrics. Sounds like Chino is the good and someone else is the evil...Who?

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Nice work, looks accurate frm what I can tell. I like what I've heard of Melanie, but I dont tend to listen to it much or I wish I could hear a studio version, which is...an empty wish lol.

That's my wish too and I am not giving up so don't you either! lol
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Makes a lot of sense, both of u guys but their best fans are probably here on this board and he has to expect some slander and shit like that. If I were him I would ignore us then if it bothers him (if this is about us that is). Fuck it, if so this board inspired a great song. I think its dope as fuck.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

??? Sounds like "I'll let u judge me" the second time around, makes sense

from_musings

whole eros is probably a "hate the fans" record. the god of love thing could be ironic, or if you read eros backwards it's "sore", which is the hidden message. he's sore because of all the shit being said. don't be a sheep

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho