Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The World Is Being Run by Sociopaths

Started by alvarezbassist17, Apr 19, 2012, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 06, 2012, 11:26 PM
But it's not the corporations limiting the choice for the consumer, it's the government limiting the consumer's choice in corporations.  A corporation can't legally force you to do anything unless they have the power of the monopoly of force of the government on their side.
I think corporations can have enough money and influence to make you do things. After all, corporations are people my friend. I kind of see both of your points but I see where he is trying to say that a corporation can become so big and so powerful and their product so mindlessly desired that they become something more than a corporation (this is also the theme for the next Batman sequel).

Like Apple. I have an iPhone, iPad, iPad Keyboard, Macbook, and apple TV that I bought all this year. It's fucking stupid but I wanted it so I bought the damn things. I can really only use one at a time, and they pretty much all do the same thing. But I wanted it. Apple didn't make me buy it, but they made me want to buy it. The bastards.

Coercion is still a form of control. And shit, try to open up a business and compete with google. I think Facebook is literally the only thing they don't own. You wouldn't stand a chance. That sounds PRETTY similar to a monopoly to me..... Then they track our purchasing habits and web traffic behavior. Some dude actually found out his daughter was pregnant because Target started sending her coupons. Target knew she was pregnant before her own dad. And she didn't tell them, they just knew because of her web browsing. WOH! I'm sure some of you saw that story, I think it was on the Colbert Report.

But the government wont do anything about it because they are a giant corporation and that's good for the GDP,i.e., the bottom line. And who do you think hired all these politicians in the first place? I know it wasn't us. If it did anything good, citizens united kind of proved that the Rich pretty much understandingly chose our nations leaders. And who are usually rich? People that run big ass corporations. And rappers and Mike Tyson before they blow it buying shit that corporations sell. It's something.....

alvarezbassist17

Well that begs the question: would they have gotten so much money and/or power without our inflationary-fascist (Keynesian) system?

I guess I'd be more apt to call it coercion if it involved some sort of stipulation such as "buy this/do this or we'll throw you in jail," like the government's attitude with taxes, drug war, etc.

Yeah, it took me 3 months to type all that, haha