Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death Grips

Started by jbmp1390, Apr 19, 2012, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

Anyone heard of them? I guess zach from team sleep is the drummer. This track has been stuck in my head lately, but I'm still on the fence about whether I actually think it's a good song or that it's just kind of catchy. Pretty cool though.

http://youtu.be/W43aQxzjyeM

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

BillyNo.9

I got into them last year when someone, possibly you, mentioned them in the Rap/Hip hop thread. Bought Ex Military and loved it cover to cover :) I love this forum because I'm always discovering awesome music thanks to you guys.

deftones86

Death Grips is pretty amazing. first time someone has made hardcore almost metal rap with out using downtuned guitars. i cant wait to see where this goes.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 19, 2012, 11:48 PM
I got into them last year when someone, possibly you, mentioned them in the Rap/Hip hop thread. Bought Ex Military and loved it cover to cover :) I love this forum because I'm always discovering awesome music thanks to you guys.
There's a new one called The Money Store that keeps up the greatness. I read somewhere else that they lovingly call Death Grips Hobo Rap because it's the equivalent of some crazy person on the streets yelling shit at people. What a great description.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

Robotsatemygrandma

That was.....

BAD

ASS

!!!!!

from_musings

if you like that rapper you should check out rehdogg and eli porter. they're more toned down but definately in the same vein

rehdogg-

Why must I cry

eli porter-

Iron Mic: Eli Porter vs. Envy

bright lights, big city

The Needle Drop just gave The Money Store a 10/10. History.

Death Grips- The Money Store ALBUM REVIEW
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
The Needle Drop just gave The Money Store a 10/10. History.

Death Grips- The Money Store ALBUM REVIEW

Cheers for the heads up on the new album man.
The guy in this video is related to BBNG right?

jbmp1390

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 19, 2012, 11:48 PM

I know what you mean man, I find a lot of great shit on here thanks to everyone sharing so much. Not to mention a lot of leaked albums as well :). Also some members have posted their own music on here and much of it is pretty good as well. If it were not for this board I would not have found Big K.R.I.T. and I'm grateful that I did.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

TheyCallMeP

Jenny Death is their best disc... There, I said it!

E-Money

Can't get into this at all. I've really tried and I listen to a lot of weird shit.. Just really can't stand their music.

TheyCallMeP

PSS PSS is so addictive! On GP is something different style wise for them with more use of guitars which is welcomed. Only track I'm not really feeling is Inanimate Sensation.