Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

all this ridiculous skepticism running rampant and we've only just had an announcement that this band exists. can everyone just shut the fuck up until we hear some of what they've got to offer? they might end up throwing us a curveball and sounding nothing like you would expect. let artists be artists and stop acting like they owe you something.

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
funny you bring up 30 secs to mars, cause maynard sang on a 30 secs to mars cd, not Chino HAHA. now what!?
also, maynard is/was the singer of 4 bands. Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty, tool, a perfect circle, puscifer
you obviously didn't know this. know WTF you're talking about before you go into shit
Chino also sings for 4 bands. deftones, team sleep, crosses, palms
but it's a huge problem if Chino does this. OMG! you ride his ass far too much, always something negative to say about him or deftones past 03. it's boarderline anti Chino/deftones behavior. the mr cool guy contrarian crap gets old quick. dissecting and over analysing every move they make with negatively. lame as hell. also maynard has far more money than Chino, so he can afford to stay away from offers to collab. switch their cash flows and maynard would do the same thing. gotta make a living, it's a business. and nothing wrong with Chino collabin even if he did it free. but keep constantly trying to make a fool of Chino/deftones. whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch, cry cry cry, nothing is ever good enough yea yea yea we got it. it's so badass how contrary you are

haha hidalgo...you're pretty funny (welcome back btw) lurking here all the time, and in this thread i basically say the same things over and over here but you couldn't say shit because you know it's all true. but as soon as i've used an example for the main point that wasn't the greatest,you log in and strike like a cobra and try to make the example the main deal. classic hidalgo.
moving on - the example i used should be seen from around 2000 when maynard was on wp and how everyone felt back then. if maynard now did a collab with justin bieber 12 years later doesn't change how thrilled everyone was back then. think of that time - you do get my point no? and does maynard working with 30 sec say that chino doesn't work with losers? nope, chino still does. your post isn't saying chino's collabs are cool, it just says maynard also can have poor taste and that i just picked a bad example. and because you people tend to pick on examples itself insted of the big picture,do you understand me better if i'm putting tommy lee on my chino collab list insted of 30 sec to mars? this really isn't about chino vs maynard - focus.

however, chino working with losers is a side track to my serious concern, i continued to write about his "wtf collabs" in the p.o.d thread so things won't confuse people too much. my main concern, like i've said, is that if chino sings to other metal bands, deftones can be less interesting to me.just chill - it's just fan feelings at a board. and,no i'm not thinking chino gives a shit about it.he did say in an interview that he got pissed when people had opinions what he should do, but it stopped there since he said he doesn't pay attention to it.all good. when i speak of how i wish the new record will sound, i've there said "all this doesn't matter,just opinions" but i can't say that to every damn post - it should go without saying. it's really on the same level as "stephen should go back to 6 string" or hidalgo saying steph isn't evolving and should play solos as i've seen him post. it's just opinions at a board nothing more. i'm actually surprised some of you had little bits of the same opinions as me.i think the deftones puritans that ONLY want to hear adrenaline and atf sounds gave up deftones decades ago.i'm sure they would've felt about the same as me regarding the side projects today but those deftones talibans have abandoned the ship long ago. basically,i like all deftones albums with the exception
of snw.that record was the sound of a band dying, but i do love some parts of d.e so i see it as they're back on their feet which makes me wish chino would focus on deftones and team sleep.it's just my opinion - dislike it, like it ,don't care about it - do whatever - just don't make it more upsetting than it is - just a fan s opinion - n.o.t.h.i.n.g more

hidalgo you had tons of negative shit against s/t, silver aren't afraid to say if he thinks something sucks- you can use your arguments you have here against your own posts in other threads, where you nag on their stuff and wish for things

downtownpony

Do you realize how much time you just spent on a deftones fan board?

jbmp1390

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
all this ridiculous skepticism running rampant and we've only just had an announcement that this band exists. can everyone just shut the fuck up until we hear some of what they've got to offer?

agreed. for some reason though, every time I see one of musings ridiculous posts I can't help but engage them. But I agree with blue silver. Let's get back on topic and end the petty bullshit. We've heard like a 20 second snippet and people are already talking shit.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Vesanic

This topic should be called facepalms.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 28, 2012, 10:52 PM
Do you realize how much time you just spent on a deftones fan board?
its ''connecting people''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

lithium

💩

theis

TheShade1989

Chino's been a busy guy...guess he's full of creativity and not all of it fits in with Deftones' style, so he's gt all these side-projects. Although if it's similar to Crosses/Team Sleep, more generally mellow, I dont think it'd quite work. I mean, ppl would still like the music, but it'd be another band that goes in the same direction we've heard already. Deftones will always be my favorite, not really into Team Sleep minus a few songs, and Crosses is awesome, so...I'm quite excited to hear this. 2012 looks to be a good music year. Also, I dont have a problem with him having so many side projects or featuring in other bands' songs. It'd only matter to me if it meant he was neglecting Deftones.

sir madrid

Chino Moreno Man Of The Year!!! Enough Said!!!

Danny Keyes

team sleep (with chino) is dead get over it fan boys. Palms will suck and chino will be doing coke soon again. too much for one year, he's not 19 anymore.

deftoner664

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Apr 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
team sleep (with chino) is dead get over it fan boys. Palms will suck and chino will be doing coke soon again. too much for one year, he's not 19 anymore.

I love how people think it will suck when we havent heard shit yet.. And I doubt Chino would start back up on the white stuff again.. no matter how much he thinks his new
shit is sounding like white pony lol
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

snw9

Great news for us but bad news for Team Sleep fans, they're last on Chino's list. Anyhow, fresh music is always great.
Code: [Select]

theis

oh fuck off, will ya.

Vesanic

luisch

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 30, 2012, 08:29 PM
Great news for us but bad news for Team Sleep fans, they're last on Chino's list. Anyhow, fresh music is always great.

+10

some people of this forum need to wait and then criticize
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

E-Money

I wouldn't count out TS doing something again in the future... Chinos been making a ton of music lately so who knows what's in store for us. I know I'm pumped to hear anything he does wether it's tones, TS, palms or crosses. Im just glad he's clean and wanting to make new music again. Palms sounds like it could really interesting.

Danny Keyes

Quote from: theis on Apr 30, 2012, 09:02 PM

oh fuck off, will ya.

no wonder almost everybody (Deftones included) thinks sharing lungs is a joke, great attitude from the mods. it was my opinion if you can read other peoples opinion you shouldn't be in an expression forum.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Danny Keyes on May 01, 2012, 03:02 AM

oh fuck off, will ya.

no wonder almost everybody (Deftones included) thinks sharing lungs is a joke, great attitude from the mods. it was my opinion if you can read other peoples opinion you shouldn't be in an expression forum.

opinions are fine but when they're absolutely idiotic opinions they will most definitely be greeted with a fuck off. your argument is invalid.

jbmp1390

Quote from: Danny Keyes on May 01, 2012, 03:02 AM

oh fuck off, will ya.

dude they did intro videos for deftonesworld which is the main site, to which this forum is attached. If they hated it or thought it was a total joke, I don't think they would have bothered to do that. I think the only who might have a problem with it is Chino, and I don't even think he has a real problem with the forum. I think he has a problem with ignorant assholes like you talking shit about him and his respective projects when you have no right to,escpecially before you've even heard it, christ. If you have such a problem with his music, go make your own and quit bitching. To echo theis, Fuck off

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?