Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

The project was called thholyghst way before Chino was involved. #justthefactsmaam
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

shine down unshy

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I just want to hear this already.

deftoner664

No shit! Way to build us up and not deliver a damn thing...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Inkblades

The rehearsal video is nice. Has a nice dreamy, airy sound to it.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
i'm sure this will sound great, how can it not. but i'm beginning to think of chino more of a guest singer in various bands than the frontman of deftones. he's like a slutty girl who puts out to everyone who's interested.and those girls usually don't get much respect,that's how i see it can't help it. but it's all good because ppl are more interested in chino as a singer than the band deftones (the mix of steph and chino) so these new side projects that pop up every other week will continue to please everyone. work that booty girl
Hahaha, this is the best thing ever !!!  I'm ready for it!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: shoop on Apr 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
haha wtf.. some people just can't appreciate anything at all. if you don't want to hear him in other bands, it's fucking simple: DON'T LISTEN TO IT. Even though you will, and chances are you'll enjoy it.
yep

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 27, 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Apr 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Apr 27, 2012, 12:23 AM
jump dude, you're just butthurt because of the jacket discussion,leave it to that thread.don't try to make it palms releated in any way.

my name is not jump so I don't know why you keep calling me that. And I don't care about your posts in my other thread. I didn't make reference to it in this thread, you did, so you seem to be the one who is, to use your very eloquent term, butthurt. I understand your points, I just also thought Jacob made good points as well. Some of his statements were relevant to most of us on this board at one time or another, in that if we really don't like something, we don't really gain anything by stating that. All we tend to get out of it is a little annoyance if anything. I just didn't see why you bothered to reply if you don't want to hear this new project, but like you said it's unlikely that you'd be able to be on here and not listen to some of it. And I think it really sucks for you that you would let something as simple as chino or any other members having other projects, lessen the impact of the original Deftones sound for you. They're all talented musical guys, should we just expect them to clam up whenever they are not currently recording with the Tones. I don't care about Stephen doing Sol Invicto, or Frank doing his Decibel Devils thing, in fact I think it's great. I'm sure they are interested in other types of music than just the kind they make when they are working together as the Deftones.

oh. i just quickly thought of jacobs post as someone who had to defend side project nr 12 and come at me with hateful jibberish,didn't read it that carfefully.and then sure enough defendant nr 2 (you) is fast to say "YEA WHAT HE SAID" not because it was good points, but because you still were upset of other things in other threads. you know the "my enemy's enemy is my friend" type of thing.how many times have you not seen this on a board? but maybe it had substance, guess i have to read it again some other time.

to me,1 side project is fine, 2 is really on the border, but any more than that it get a little ridicoulous i think.admit it,from now on when you read "cool name of a band" - new side project from chino moreno! - even you will shake your head a little bit.maybe you will even set aside and make some time for some serious facepalming
Man, geez. U need to make some time to be on an other thread that u r interested in maybe? Just sayin, there has to be one that u r here for that u would like.

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Man, geez. U need to make some time to be on an other thread that u r interested in maybe? Just sayin, there has to be one that u r here for that u would like.

i'm interested in every thread you're in  :-*

TheShade1989

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 11, 2012, 09:58 AM

i'm interested in every thread you're in  :-*

You seem to criticize everything they do. I havent really been on this forum for long enough though, so I'm really interested: has there ever been an update or bit of news or rumor that you've been 100% positive and happy about?

from_musings

I have nice things to say but i always run out of space, only have 150 characters

hole-in-the-earth

He said that he likes the new The Mars Volta album, I think, but that's all I've heard in my 4 month existence on here... But I'm sure there's more

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
all this ridiculous skepticism running rampant and we've only just had an announcement that this band exists. can everyone just shut the fuck up until we hear some of what they've got to offer? they might end up throwing us a curveball and sounding nothing like you would expect. let artists be artists and stop acting like they owe you something.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Vesanic on May 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Was announced by Chino back in the day. Also, their twitter was called THHOLYGHST.
When face goes pale and another track can only be found under THHOLYGHST still, I believe.... I knew em as that before Crosses myself and thought everyone did here anyways... This sounds INCREDIBLE. I'm aware that it's a bold statement I made but I will stand behind it just like I do a 2012 fall release of DT new record. This may b more exciting, inhale the fumes from my taint if that's too much for you. Don't hate, b happy Chino is giving us more for the ears. ;)

Hesperian Death-Horse!

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone