Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Jun 15, 2012, 12:34 AM
Where the fuck is this album?
I know right?!?! This to me is going to b INCREDIBLE! I admit I don't know what it will do to the whole Deftones nostalgic feeling for me and/ or others. Isis isn't Deftones and vice versa but I can't think of anything closer as far as what Chino has been part of and it's hard to imagine Isis members kept the same mojo in style with this project. Either way, gonna b killer I know. Here's someone's question coming soon.... "How the fuck can someone say it will be INCREDIBLE and they haven't heard yet?" My answer now... "i haven't heard it but have a good feeling about it and how can it not be? I love everyone's past material involved in it." If it sucks, then it sucks. Someone will dig it though and I'm really happy Chino gives so much. If yall want him to stop, keep saying so. I don't think it will matter though so give it a try. Very possibly could be an end to Deftones as we know it sooner than we may think. Almost did already so enjoy. I will.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 15, 2012, 04:56 AM
If yall want him to stop, keep saying so. I don't think it will matter though so give it a try.

it's not about changing anything silly, it's just about ventilating. like in a diary or talking to a person at a bar or at festival or whatever. and oh yeah, a palms bullshit thread is needed

Vesanic

Inkblades

Palms ‏@PalmsBand

Sorry for the lapse in news, we're chugging away. Updates coming soon, we promise.

luisch

Meanwhile, Moreno is helping Team Sleep cohort Todd Wilkinson with a solo album and is also getting ready to record vocals for Palms, a new band he's formed with former members of the Boston metal band Isis. "The music's all been recorded and everything, and obviously I"ve been engulfed in the Deftones record. But I told them as soon as I was done, we would record the vocal stuff," says Moreno. A six-song EP is planned, but he notes that "the songs are long as hell, so it's like a full LP. I don't know what it'll be like or when it's going to be done or released, but it's a project I think is pretty rad."

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,17681.new.html#new
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Cunt-life! Vocals aren't even done yet? This thing won't be out til 2013, man.

Also, where did you get that quote from, luisch??

luisch

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Jul 03, 2012, 07:03 AM
Cunt-life! Vocals aren't even done yet? This thing won't be out til 2013, man.

Also, where did you get that quote from, luisch??

sorry, put the wrong link: http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/deftones-racing-through-next-album-hoping-1007479552.story

from_musings

This thing won't be out til 2013, man.

i'm glad we don't get bombarded with chino's stuff all at once. there's only so much one can take. better with several kicks spread out than to get totallly fucked up in a short period of time, and then wake up to a bitter reality when there's nothing to look forward to

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
This thing won't be out til 2013, man.

i'm glad we don't get bombarded with chino's stuff all at once. there's only so much one can take. better with several kicks spread out than to get totallly fucked up in a short period of time, and then wake up to a bitter reality when there's nothing to look forward to

I don't solely wait for Chino's output to have something to look forward to. And considering the fact that I'm not excited about anything else he is working on right now (other than the next Deftones LP) and the fact that I am a huge Isis fan and think that having 3/5 (3/6?) of Isis writing together for an album is cool as shit especially since its been equally long since the last Isis and the last Deftones albums, I'm craving this particular project heavily and way more than any other LP any of the members are working on.

The above sentence is horribly constructed.

luisch

luisch

Deadradio

Hesperian Death-Horse!

In front of the Bane costume no less. That's pretty awesome but I really hope they're working. Want this shit bad.

luisch

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 AM
In front of the Bane costume no less. That's pretty awesome but I really hope they're working. Want this shit bad.

I wish but I dont think so, Deftones are getting ready for the tour and now are in rehearsal room, belive Palms would to work at november, december.

chuckles

enough of pictures... give us  results...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

sing blue silver

Quote from: luisch on Jul 25, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 AM

I wish but I dont think so, Deftones are getting ready for the tour and now are in rehearsal room, belive Palms would to work at november, december.

If new Deftones is coming in October, they'll probably be touring all winter so this project is going to take a little while I think. Cool pic though. Bane costume is sweet.

theis

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Would be cool if it were actually for this band. I'd wear it.

Deadradio