Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Game Of Thrones

Started by tarkil, Apr 25, 2012, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

So yeah, this show does need its thread due to its sheer greatness !!

Who here read the book ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Crazylegs

theis

Never read the books. Not a fantasy fan whatsoever, but this show blows my mind.

The last two episodes of season 1 is some of the most intense and amazing television I've ever seen.

bright lights, big city

It's such a commitment to read the books. I'm through the first 3, though. I love how everything is just so dark and shitty for all the characters, yet Renly keeps it real and makes the most of his time by teasing his grammar nazi of a brother and holding tournaments in his camp.

Oh, and I take it we're not supposed to debate/talk about spoilers from the books?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Just [ spoiler /] it, I think it makes more sense to keep these spoilers away, right?

Anyway, back to the show - it's FANTASTIC.

tarkil

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 25, 2012, 09:23 PM
It's such a commitment to read the books. I'm through the first 3, though. I love how everything is just so dark and shitty for all the characters, yet Renly keeps it real and makes the most of his time by teasing his grammar nazi of a brother and holding tournaments in his camp.

Oh, and I take it we're not supposed to debate/talk about spoilers from the books?

Good man ! You'll see how awesome everything is....   :)

theis

All credit goes to Mark, who posted this on Facebook.

GENIUS.

bright lights, big city

Yeeeeeah buddy. I completely forgot to post that here, haha.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

Gotta love Hodor ha ha haha

theis

...and another awesome episode!

bright lights, big city

Honestly, I thought the assassination at the beginning was a little underwhelming, especially if compared to other significant deaths in the series. But still great episode. It awesome seeing Halfhand north of the wall there at the end. And also, does anyone know who the masked woman was in Qarth?

Finally, for the rest of this season, I'm dubbing Dany's parts of the episodes as "The Khaleesi in Qarth". It should totally be a spinoff as a sitcom on NBC with her Dothraki followers constantly getting into trouble trying to steal shit. Dany and her dragons can solve the problems, and Jorah is the love interest always trying to get into Dany's sexy blue dress. Of course the awesome Thirteen can show up here and there as well.
DERP

theis

Haha, I loved when the Dothraki was given a cup of wine. *throws out wine, keeps cup*...haha.

But yeah, Renly's death was kinda anti-climatic. I saw it coming, but it should've been more dramatic.

Every else was pretty damn awesome; Tyrion and Wildfire, Arya and her new assassin friend, Quarth, Brienne...

lostpilot

NONETHELESS a great episode.

Crazylegs

I'm just happy to see FINCHY!

theis

Did Theon just BBQ the two Stark kids? Holy fucking shit.

bright lights, big city

The real question you should be asking is Hodor?

Seriously though, another great episode, even if they STILL didn't get to the House of the Undying. The remaining episodes are shaping up to be amazing.
DERP

lostpilot

I am pretty sure they did not BBQ the kids.

I loved the episode.

Some of the favorite moments include:
Cersei with Sansa
Tywin with Arya

and...

"WHERE ARE MY DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS? I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING PRINCESS!"

There Will Be Blood

Should I watch this show?

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

If you like good acting, good writing with a huge back story, awesome characters, violence, nudity, then yes.
DERP