Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Game Of Thrones

Started by tarkil, Apr 25, 2012, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

So any thoughts ?
Fucking great story from Arya, Bran and Tyrion, also Jon snow too.
Great episode who gives the want for the next season without being a fucking epic cliffhanger (I was sooo scared that it would be).
Apparently, from the people who have read it, there is a BIG thing that we should have know since the season 3. All of them thought it would be drop in this final episode but unfortunately we have to wait.

I will clearly read all the books a little time after the series will end, there is so much details we don't have, so much history before the scene takes place and so on.

bright lights, big city

I definitely recommend reading the books eventually, since there is so much dialogue (and even interesting characters) that's left out.

Even with the big plot point that didn't drop, this episode and the whole season was outstanding though. My favorite season so far. Loved the Arya scene, and I'm looking forward to seeing some action in Essos with Varys and Tyrion (I love Varys). Hopefully they get back to the Iron Islands as well.

I have a feeling the BIG thing will happen next season, when there's more to do, because in the books there just a big reveal and then.... not a whole lot.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Diplo

Yes best season !
I love Tyrion but Varys, I don't know what to think about it, really weird personnage.

God damnit you tease me so much ! So I'm hoping the wait for the big thing would be worth the pain but I really don't know who will be concerned by this (and it's better like that I think for now).

kurtone

I went ahead and finished book 3 before the season ended and I wish I hadn't. I like being surprised by the show. This season was really great though.  As for the big surprise, I really thought that's how this season was going to end, I figured the last scene would be it or Arya heading to Bravvos. As much as I want to read the next couple books, I think I'm going to wait.

lostpilot

In a perfect world Arya and Brienne are absolute besties, making selfies, killing bad guys and talking about swordsmanship in a tea party. HOWEVER, since this is Game of Thrones, none of that will ever happen. I realized I actually like the Hound a lot so potentially not seeing him ever is like, no.

Highlighs:
The Children!!
Stannis!!
Tyrion!!

A great episode, and a great conclusion to the problems that arose in this season.

About the big drop you're talking about.. continue to the spoiler with care:

[spoiler]I haven't read the books but I have spoiled the story to myself with one major element, Lady Stoneheart, which assumedly is zombie Catelyn Stark. Are you talking about that? If not, then please do not indicate what you are talking about because I want to wait it out and be surprised :)[/spoiler]

Diplo

Oh yeah the Children, good surprise I like the magical things behind the wall.

Sorry dude, you will only speak with "bright lights, big city" because I will not read your spoiler ^^ just in case...

bright lights, big city

yep Darius knows it, haha.

Another awesome scene I just remembered was with Pycelle, Qyburn, and Cersei with the Mountain.
Qyburn - "You should know—the process may change him. Somewhat."
Cersei - "Will it weaken him?"
Qyburn - "Oh, no."

Sucks that we never got to see the Hound fight his brother. But I'll gladly accept that great Brienne/Hound fight.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Diplo

About the Brienne/Hound fight, It was really good brutal fight and it gives a pretty honorable death to the Hound but seriously what was the whole point ? It was not really justified I think.

honeybeewu

Quote from: Diplo on Jun 18, 2014, 09:18 PM
About the Brienne/Hound fight, It was really good brutal fight and it gives a pretty honorable death to the Hound but seriously what was the whole point ? It was not really justified I think.

Agreed. That whole thing was just stupid. RIP Hound. I'll pour some beer out for you later. 8)

blixa

the hound isn't dead. just saying.

and the fight between brienne and the hound never happened in the books. this is slightly getting on my nerves - the books and the show are quite different.

Penicks

holy fucking shit blixa can you please not fucking spoil shit jesus christ

bright lights, big city

spoiling is a gotdang mortal sin.

and I like how they added the fight. You cast two enormously tall actors, you have to have them fight. It's law or something.
DERP

blixa

i didn't spoil anything! did you see the hound die when you last saw him? did he physically stop breathing and you knew that he had ended? no. so=alive still.

the fight scene was flat out brilliant and the dialogue too. you don't realise how much arya has lost until the hound goes through it. that said, the scene never happened in the book. brienne and the hound never meet. and...i won't say anything more hahaha

bright lights, big city

So you read the books...I'm looking for answers as to the show's point of Brienne. I have a feeling she's going to veer off in a complete different direction (even moreso than she has already) from the books.
DERP

blixa

i'm just getting through the books now. brienne is actually sent to look for sansa in the books. there is actually a point to her but i can't say anything without spoiling it. i don't know what they're going to do with the show really because in the book brienne does look for the hound but she is told he is "dead". she is caught by the brotherhood without banners though and that's all i will say.

and my theory is that jon snow isn't ned's bastard.

Penicks

Quote from: blixa on Jul 03, 2014, 06:14 AM
i didn't spoil anything! did you see the hound die when you last saw him?

don't justify it, it was implied and it would've been a great way for him to die

god damned game of thrones book readers are the worst people on the internet

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 03, 2014, 12:43 PM
we just enjoy sniffing each others farts, no big deal.
DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 03, 2014, 02:18 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jul 03, 2014, 12:43 PM
we just enjoy sniffing each others farts, no big deal.

found another way to shit on men. what joy!

blixa

who's jon snow's mum and dad???

i have theories!!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jul 29, 2014, 05:03 PM
who's jon snow's mum and dad???

i have theories!!!
his aunt. and fire's older brother.

if that makes sense.
DERP