RoyalDeftonicBoy

iceache

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: iceache on May 05, 2012, 01:26 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 05, 2012, 12:02 AM
Apparently there never was a Hendrix,Mustaine or Vaughan

http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-100-greatest-guitarists-all-time?page=0

Discuss among yourselves

Terrible list. Just look at who number 1 is.

From what I gathered about this list... it was based on originality and trying to not be like every other great list out there that has Hendrix and Halen spewing for numero uno. Yes, Sonic Youth is pretty damn fucking innovative, and it's about time to see them get the acknowledgments (as of late) they deserve, but this list is nothing more then pretentious overly priced coffee drinking, kale loving, hipster schmuck. Too many guitarists on that list deserve more then just a blerb about their impact (see Joy Division).

And I will admit, a greatest list like this without Hendrix is really rubbish. The dude revolutionized not only rock, but blues as well, and continues to influence players decades after his death. There is merit as to why he is mentioned on almost every list. This list should be dubbed "100 Guitarists Guitar World Magazine seems to forget about most of the time as they suck off Slash and Page".

jbmp1390

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

iceache

Having Skrillex on there shows what a joke Spin is.

jbmp1390

Quote from: iceache on May 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
Having Skrillex on there shows what a joke Spin is.
I agree, most of these so called music magazines are just absolute jokes, as you said. Even though it's online, Pitchfork is another that comes to mind. God I hate Pitchfork. Rolling stone too, at least a lot of the time. At least some of us are smart enough to determine who some of music's greatest artists are by actually listening to them ourselves and forming our own tastes and opinions, rather than just believing anything written in shitty magazine.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

sing blue silver

The music press in general is shit. Especially in North America.

gottsu