Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

gear

Started by mothraw, Jul 25, 2012, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 28, 2012, 03:09 AM
Quote from: ltdef on Oct 27, 2012, 09:03 PM
Did somebody already found out, what the guitar tuning on the koi no yokan songs (that we already heard) is?

Stefs guitar tunning is E B E A D G B E .. and chino has a very weird tunning .. check out on a thread a guy posted saying he covered rosemary .. he has the right tunning i believe for chinos guitar ..

Yeah when they did the show at Warner Summer Sessions and debuted Rosemary The setlist had the tuning on it and It was A#GCFAD for Chino's guitar... However, as far as the rest of the songs on Koi No Yokan I'm not too sure. I'd imagine a couple will be in Drop C for Chino.. That's usually his guitar tuning for a lot of songs.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

lungdamage

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Sep 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
http://youtu.be/Yf9WuAMf0WI?hd=1 from DE FZW Dortmund Show that quite many SL users teamed up for :P

that's the least jive i've ever heard abe speak ;)

deftoner664

So for Adrenaline, Around the Fur, and White Pony, Stephen obviously wrote his guitar parts on 6 string guitars Standard Tuning for Adrenaline Drop C# for ATF and Drop C for White Pony... Now from watching all the live videos, it seems like Stephen plays all of those 6 strings songs on 7 strings and DE and KNY on his 8 string guitars.. Does anyone know what tuning he plays ATF WP on his 7 string guitars? I'm trying to figure out how he would play classics like My own Summer and BQAD on a 7 string guitar.. The tunings gotta be different.

nicklav

Quote from: deftoner664 on Mar 10, 2013, 10:06 PM
So for Adrenaline, Around the Fur, and White Pony, Stephen obviously wrote his guitar parts on 6 string guitars Standard Tuning for Adrenaline Drop C# for ATF and Drop C for White Pony... Now from watching all the live videos, it seems like Stephen plays all of those 6 strings songs on 7 strings and DE and KNY on his 8 string guitars.. Does anyone know what tuning he plays ATF WP on his 7 string guitars? I'm trying to figure out how he would play classics like My own Summer and BQAD on a 7 string guitar.. The tunings gotta be different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Carpenter#Equipment

QuoteSince transitioning from a 6-string to a seven-string guitar in late 2000, in live performances Carpenter plays the songs originally played on a six-string guitar on a 7-string with the two highest strings tuned to the same note (ex. EADGBEE for Adrenaline), after discovering that Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland did this to some of his seven-string guitars. Carpenter does this because it was harder for him to play a regular 6-string after getting used to the wider neck and longer scale length of his signature 7-strings. The song "Rocket Skates" from Diamond Eyes is played on an 8-string, although Carpenter does not make use of the low F# string. In order to prevent confusion between rigs while touring, he has two identical rigs, one for U.S. tours and the other for foreign countries.

DeftonesNZ

Yea he just using the 6 string tuning on the 7 string just with the 2 high strings tuned the same like White Pony he uses (CGCFADD)

deftoner664

Awesome! thanks guys.. was always curious about that.. Good to know.

SwerveCityUSA

I was never into 7 or 8 strings for my own playing, but I completely need an ESP Stef B-7 an B-8 but they cost so damn much, damn.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

I got his 207 ltd and I love it super good value for the price and it's still good enough quality that it's worth spending money upgrading the pickups and stuff, I barely use it for 7 string songs at the moment but I still choose to use it for 6 string songs because as a big guy it just feels alot more comfortable the neck fit's my hand alot better and I can play for long periods of time without my hand cramping up like on my 6, when I use a normal 6 now I feel like I'm using a children's guitar I don't think  I'd ever buy another 6.

SwerveCityUSA

that's awesome. That's why I want a 7 and an 8 because you just can't create thunder with a 6, maybe a little lightning to ride on with a 6 but not thunder. Ive gotta get one.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

On a related note does anyone have any Pod Farm or Guitar Rig patches to share?

bojosoto

For anyone interested, I got to have a chat to Abe after the first Melbourne show and I asked him about the snare he has been using for the majority of the year so far. Abe is no longer using the 14x6" Starphonic Brass Snare that he has used since 2010. He is now using a new Tama "Signature" prototype snare which is like an old OCDP snare with large vent holes. Not to sure when and if it will be made available to the public.

This is the only photo of it I can find.

mothraw

does anybody know what telecaster chino is playing on romantic dreams live?
the headstock Looks like from an esp guitar but i don`t know fo sho

DeftonesNZ

It's a geniune fender tele not an esp

mothraw

DeftonesNZ

Yea I just typed the wrong thing but he does also have a strat and jazzmaster from fender

mothraw

that is what made me think of Fender in the first place too but the headstock is more esp or schecter style.

DeftonesNZ

Na fender have the slimmer headstocks, the one he's using looks alot like this but his guitars are all customised so theres never going to be an exact match, I heard he has a tele customised with emgs and a humbucker in the neck the one in the video could be that.
http://www.fender.com/en-NZ/series/american-vintage/american-vintage-64-telecaster-round-lam-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst/
It might be some weird brand aswell though I know he's not a signed artist anywhere and in the past he's used lots of odd cheaper brands like yamaha,gretsch and epiphone but lately I've noticed he's been sticking to the higher end brands like Gibson and Fender so chances are it is fender.

mothraw

i guess we have to ask him ;)

Teknoman

Quote from: mothraw on Sep 15, 2013, 12:37 AM
does anybody know what telecaster chino is playing on romantic dreams live?
the headstock Looks like from an esp guitar but i don`t know fo sho

Thats most definitely an EPS/LTD "vintage plus telecaster", probably custom made because of the neck pickup. And it seems that the logo on the headstock was sanded out or covered with tape. Or maybe he requested a headstock without logo, ESP used to offer that option on his "online custom form" back in the day.

I make music too

DeftonesNZ

I thought maybe that but there is no model number on the 12th fret