Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmysnare

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 06, 2014, 03:56 AM
Quote from: defsteve on Feb 22, 2014, 09:30 AM

"No, how about this: We're goingt to play some new songs at Sonisphere! Yeah, we can settle for that. You've got yourself a deal..."

Perhaps they haven't properly finished any songs or just didn't figure out yet, how to tweak their setups to play them live. No big deal, really. I think we'll hear some new stuff soon enough

Yeah they didn't play anything new and there were hundreds of wankers in maiden shirts and battle jackets moaning the whole way through their set.

mothraw

Northcal

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jul 15, 2014, 03:49 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 06, 2014, 03:56 AM
Quote from: defsteve on Feb 22, 2014, 09:30 AM

"No, how about this: We're goingt to play some new songs at Sonisphere! Yeah, we can settle for that. You've got yourself a deal..."

Perhaps they haven't properly finished any songs or just didn't figure out yet, how to tweak their setups to play them live. No big deal, really. I think we'll hear some new stuff soon enough

Yeah they didn't play anything new and there were hundreds of wankers in maiden shirts and battle jackets moaning the whole way through their set.
lazy ass muthatruckas!Their setlist is so predictable now!we should all boycott the deftones till they change their set list!Or they should perform the whole albums .

wheresmysnare

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 08, 2014, 11:48 PM
Quote from: illmono on Jul 07, 2014, 11:44 PM
look this at E9, LOL Stef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2LN9eWPE0

Man this is fucking disgusting, chino cant even sing... :(

When you think about it, there are so many songs that deftones don't play at all - I can only assume it's due to Chino...they miss out some of their strongest recent songs, like Prince, 976 EVIL, Goon Squad and Guaze. I know they had that one off promo performance of Diamond Eyes (which I thought was really hit and miss) - maybe that's what put them off.

To be honest when I see them live the sound is generally so loud that you can't pick up on the vocal mistakes and it still works, it's when you watch them back from peoples phone recordings that you realise what was going on.

Anyway I think it's amazing Chino is still going, it's just a shame he put the weight back on as his vocals were getting really smooth on the diamond eyes tour when he was looking after himself

Diplo

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jul 17, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 08, 2014, 11:48 PM
Quote from: illmono on Jul 07, 2014, 11:44 PM
look this at E9, LOL Stef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2LN9eWPE0

Man this is fucking disgusting, chino cant even sing... :(

To be honest when I see them live the sound is generally so loud that you can't pick up on the vocal mistakes and it still works, it's when you watch them back from peoples phone recordings that you realise what was going on.

Or when you are far enough to heard all the sound properly, but yes, in live when I'm in front of the singer, a lot of things I hear because I know the song by heart and my mind fills the holes.

TheRealist

Quote from: mothraw on Jul 15, 2014, 10:20 PM
no roskilde 14 video yet :(

just found this

http://www.bloglovin.com/viewer?post=3106889047&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=9210475&frame=1&click=0&user=0

Oh man, Chino is starting to sound awful again. That dude needs to start to take care of himself again or he'll have no voice by the end of the year.

Vesanic

I asked them on facebook if they were going to post Deftones performance at some point, they said nope.

DeftonesNZ

welcome back, i saw you have something big and WP related coming sounds pretty exciting

Northcal

Quote from: TheRealist on Jul 20, 2014, 03:19 PM

just found this

http://www.bloglovin.com/viewer?post=3106889047&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=9210475&frame=1&click=0&user=0

Oh man, Chino is starting to sound awful again. That dude needs to start to take care of himself again or he'll have no voice by the end of the year.
U ain't never lie!

rufas

09/08/2014 - City Break festival, Culture Stage, Olympic Stadium, Seoul.

Diamond
BQAD
My Own Summer
Tempest
Swerve
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Rocket
Change
Headup

Engine No. 9
Root
Swords

I think that's right. Great performance, first chance to hear the new songs for myself, Rosemary sounds massive.

BQAD sounded awful - they were still working out teh sound at that point though I think.

Sergio, Abe and Steph watched Spiritualized from the side of the stage earlier in the day.

Sorry we didn't get to meet, Tarkill.

vool421

Seeing them live again next week. This will be my 5th show on the KNY tour and i am probably going to get the same set but hopefully they play a song they don't play too often.

luisch

2014-09-06 - Monterrey City Fest, Parque Fundidora, Monterrey, Mexico

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
Swerve City
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Around the Fur
Headup
---
Minerva
Root
7 Words
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

New Murderer

Setlist.fm says they played good morning beautiful?!

Vesanic

According to Luis, it was on the setlist but was not played. Sounds like they have been rehearsing S/T stuff after all.

luisch

Yup, was on the setlist but wasnt played yesterday.

luisch

Deftones had to cancel his presentation in Guadalajara because of bad weather. What a shame.

2014-09-07 - Auditorio Telmex, Guadalajara, Mexico

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer
Tempest

defTHE1s

It was being an fucking epic awesome show but fffuuuuucccckkkk!!!! The hurricane ruined it all :(
But I could tape it on my MD, so expect some news son ;)
Too bad that at the beginning of Tempest the audio pops a little but, hey! Being inside that storm and getting my MD to work without any problem, it's a great thing!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

cvthedrv

Quote from: defTHE1s on Sep 09, 2014, 06:55 AM
It was being an fucking epic awesome show but fffuuuuucccckkkk!!!! The hurricane ruined it all :(
Too bad that at the beginning of Tempest the audio pops a little but, hey! Being inside that storm and getting my MD to work without any problem, it's a great thing!

watch those four songs through this beautiful rain should have been fucking amazing.

luisch

Avísame cuando subas eso, hombre!

mono

Quote from: luisch on Sep 09, 2014, 05:28 PM

Avísame cuando subas eso, hombre!

+1, gracias!