Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 29, 2016, 01:40 AM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Mar 18, 2016, 12:53 PM
https://vimeo.com/159479268

and the YouTube link for the same video

https://youtu.be/Xhy9ZT6p1-M

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Mar 25, 2016, 10:58 PM
https://www.grammypro.com/professional-development/article/deftones-talk-friendship-new-album

Chino Moreno: Yeah, we're gonna do a couple of songs. Obviously the single "Prayers And Triangles." And we're gonna try to debut one or two more, but we'll see. It sucks because you play a song people haven't heard yet, then someone tapes it with their phone, a live version of it, and that's people's first impression of the music..

Am I crazy, or do those links go to Feiticeira? I assumed it was a link to Hearts/Wires intro, but I just get Feiticeira, which...is not a new song, so I don't get why you'd be quoting Chino's answer about playing new songs. If, in fact, you're referring to Hearts/Wires intro, good news! The band weren't playing it live, it was being played at the end of a playlist of songs that were played before Deftones came onstage. So what we were hearing was actually the studio version.

shine down unshy

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 29, 2016, 02:45 AM
Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 29, 2016, 01:40 AM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Mar 18, 2016, 12:53 PM
https://vimeo.com/159479268

and the YouTube link for the same video

https://youtu.be/Xhy9ZT6p1-M

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Mar 25, 2016, 10:58 PM
https://www.grammypro.com/professional-development/article/deftones-talk-friendship-new-album

Chino Moreno: Yeah, we're gonna do a couple of songs. Obviously the single "Prayers And Triangles." And we're gonna try to debut one or two more, but we'll see. It sucks because you play a song people haven't heard yet, then someone tapes it with their phone, a live version of it, and that's people's first impression of the music..

Am I crazy, or do those links go to Feiticeira? I assumed it was a link to Hearts/Wires intro, but I just get Feiticeira, which...is not a new song, so I don't get why you'd be quoting Chino's answer about playing new songs. If, in fact, you're referring to Hearts/Wires intro, good news! The band weren't playing it live, it was being played at the end of a playlist of songs that were played before Deftones came onstage. So what we were hearing was actually the studio version.

Your response...aces. Wish I had the patience. Guess I saw red.

deftfan

Deftones live at Carolina Rebellion festival in Kannapolis, NC (May 8, 2016)

Setlist:
1. Rocket Skates
2. My Own Summer (Shove It)
3. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
4. Swerve City
5. Rosemary
6. Diamond Eyes
7. Prayers/Triangles
8. Change (In the House of Flies)
9. Engine No. 9

Album with photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1189424234410678.1073741855.1076065609079875&type=3

N0S3BLEED976

sooniletugo

There's loads of little clips on Instagram. I've seen MOS, Rocket, Diamond, Digital, Engine, Prayers, Rosemary, Swerve, Rickets, ATF, Butcher, Knife Prty, Change.

Jorge

Deftones live at  Minglewood Hall, Memphis, TN, USA  (May 10, 2016)

Setlist
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
MX
Swerve City
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Change (In the House of Flies)
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Rubicon
Elite
Engine No. 9

Vesanic

B_S_79

Quote from: Jorge on May 11, 2016, 12:30 PM

Setlist
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
MX
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon
Elite

How do you only play two songs from your brand new album? That's terrible.

ANattyRat

I hate this band. Why do they even release new music if they play two songs from it? Oh yeah, they might've added MX, which is awesome, but it should be at the expense of the old songs, not the new songs. Jesus, 11 new songs and we hardly get to hear any of them because they want to carry on playing Rocket Skates, Diamond Eyes, Change, etc. Isn't 16 and six years enough for them to miss them out for a few shows so they play more songs from Gore? They have so many awesome songs from Gore to debut, but nope, why bother?

Least Abe was right (assuming the setlist was right) about them starting to play different songs more. But, you know, not the new album.

B_S_79

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 11, 2016, 03:15 PM
I hate this band. Why do they even release new music if they play two songs from it? Oh yeah, they might've added MX, which is awesome, but it should be at the expense of the old songs, not the new songs. Jesus, 11 new songs and we hardly get to hear any of them because they want to carry on playing Rocket Skates, Diamond Eyes, Change, etc. Isn't 16 and six years enough for them to miss them out for a few shows so they play more songs from Gore? They have so many awesome songs from Gore to debut, but nope, why bother?

Least Abe was right (assuming the setlist was right) about them starting to play different songs more. But, you know, not the new album.

Agree completely. They seem to have turned into a studio band and the live shows catering towards nostalgia rather than current material.

They also sounded like trash at that Carolina show. Absolutely terrible vocals.

ANattyRat

They did play MX: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFQP7VGo2lR/

Seriously though, can't they get rid of Rocket Skates and the other ones that have been played countless times to make room for some more Gore songs, and more old/rare songs? I hate that they've released an album that most people really love, with lots of awesome songs, and they've basically decided they're going to rotate with four. I'm hoping it changes, but I'm not expecting it to. Best I can hope for is that they play H/W when I see them, since out of the four Gore songs they've played, that's my favourite, and hopefully MX, since I've been dying to hear that.

B_S_79

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 11, 2016, 03:46 PM
They did play MX: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFQP7VGo2lR/

Seriously though, can't they get rid of Rocket Skates and the other ones that have been played countless times to make room for some more Gore songs, and more old/rare songs? I hate that they've released an album that most people really love, with lots of awesome songs, and they've basically decided they're going to rotate with four. I'm hoping it changes, but I'm not expecting it to. Best I can hope for is that they play H/W when I see them, since out of the four Gore songs they've played, that's my favourite, and hopefully MX, since I've been dying to hear that.

If they don't play the songs because they can't play it live that's one thing. If they don't play the songs because Chino can't hit the notes, well...he can't pull off most of his vocals anyway, so fuck it, just play the songs. And holy shit, Sergio can't sing. They should stop hanging him out to dry when Chino decided to just not sing.

They all LOVE Acid Hologram so much, play it!

Like, what the fuck were they doing the three weeks off between the album release and these shows? Rehearsing Rocket Skates and MOS and Diamond Eyes?

Don't mean to sound bitter - I'm just disappointed, and not looking forward to a setlist I've heard countless times the last 8 years.

LG95

Chino can hit the notes for most stuff if he concentrates, it's not an excuse (and they've often played Passenger in the last six years which he's rarely sang well, so that can't be the reason).

Most probably, they just organised a couple of rehearsal days and then realised they didn't have enough time to nail down the new stuff so just went with whatever. Which is dumb.
I could float here forever

sooniletugo

arsenalfc

At least finally some rare stuff with MX!

And Rubicon into Elite must have been brutal

nicklav

Quote from: B_S_79 on May 11, 2016, 01:59 PM
Quote from: Jorge on May 11, 2016, 12:30 PM

Setlist
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
MX
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon
Elite

How do you only play two songs from your brand new album? That's terrible.

These are festival shows, no? Not the album tour.

sooniletugo

nicklav

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 11, 2016, 06:09 PM
This was a headline show

Set list seems rather short for that. Interesting.

ANattyRat

Quote from: arsenalfc on May 11, 2016, 06:00 PM
At least finally some rare stuff with MX!

And Rubicon into Elite must have been brutal

Yeah, I don't want to sit here and sound ungrateful, but...I kind of am, haha. I'm glad they played MX, it's one of my favourite songs, and I hope this thing of playing more uncommonly-played songs continues. I remember Abe saying they want to switch up the setlist more. I just wish they'd switch it up more by taking away the songs they've played 100s of times, not by ignoring Gore songs.

sooniletugo

At least they played Rubicon, but still, yeah you'd expect more.