Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 04, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 05:34 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 04, 2017, 05:16 PM
But anyway, I hope they start playing this more, it sounds brilliant live, I'm glad we got to hear it at least once. It was possibly just a treat for their second show in a row at the same venue, which would explain why the setlist was quite a bit different, but hopefully not.
I was alright with this tour's setlist but after seeing last night's and watching that performance... I just want that now. Feiticiera, Lhabia, Sextape, Phantom Bride, Hexagram, Riviere, Passenger, Minerva, Bored..... yes please.

I've seen them play every song on that setlist except four, so in terms of rarities and Gore songs, the other setlists will be more new and exciting for me. But I can't sit here and say it's a bad setlist. Maybe a bit repetitive from my own experiences, but no less enjoyable. I mean, Teething and Minus Blindfold I'd be incredibly excited with, but any Gore songs except P/T and Rubicon would make me happy, so it's all good :)

Steph delivered on their commitment to changing the setlists! hats off to the band for these treats.
Code: [Select]

E-Money

Chino Definitely did the solo. Steph does the backing riff.. fuck yea!! That's such a beautiful song... some of Chinos best lyrics in a while. Deftones are rolling right now. Love it..

ANattyRat

Quote from: snw9 on May 04, 2017, 06:26 PM
But anyway, I hope they start playing this more, it sounds brilliant live, I'm glad we got to hear it at least once. It was possibly just a treat for their second show in a row at the same venue, which would explain why the setlist was quite a bit different, but hopefully not.
I was alright with this tour's setlist but after seeing last night's and watching that performance... I just want that now. Feiticiera, Lhabia, Sextape, Phantom Bride, Hexagram, Riviere, Passenger, Minerva, Bored..... yes please.

I've seen them play every song on that setlist except four, so in terms of rarities and Gore songs, the other setlists will be more new and exciting for me. But I can't sit here and say it's a bad setlist. Maybe a bit repetitive from my own experiences, but no less enjoyable. I mean, Teething and Minus Blindfold I'd be incredibly excited with, but any Gore songs except P/T and Rubicon would make me happy, so it's all good :)

Steph delivered on their commitment to changing the setlists! hats off to the band for these treats.

Abe too. They've definitely delivered. It's funny how easily pleased we are despite our constant complaints over the setlist. Basically they're playing the same classics with a few rarities and a few songs from the newest album and we're ecstatic, haha. But yeah, it's the only tour I'll be seeing them on where I basically don't already know exactly what they'll be playing, so it's definitely a cool experience :)

Quote from: E-Money on May 04, 2017, 07:12 PM
Chino Definitely did the solo. Steph does the backing riff.. fuck yea!! That's such a beautiful song... some of Chinos best lyrics in a while. Deftones are rolling right now. Love it..

I'm not a massive fan of the lyrics. I mean, I don't dislike them, but they are very straightforward. Geometric Headdress, (L)MIRL and Acid Hologram have some of my favourite lyrics from the album though, and Geometric Headdress' lyrics are, for me, one of my favourites out of all their albums. Even so, Phantom Bride is a beautiful song and I hope it becomes somewhat regular on the setlist. It's one of those songs I wasn't desperate to hear them play, but it's surprisingly turned out very nice.

BewareTheWater

Speaking of solos, I'm pretty sure that in one of their recent performances of Change, Chino kinda improvised a little solo near the end. I'd have to find the video again.

LG95

See all the songs I listed there are ones I haven't seen live before so I'd really fucking like to see them ;D
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

I hope you get your wish, dude! How many times have you seen them?

LG95

I've seen them twice. Missed out on about three or four occasions after I became a fan (which was about ten years ago).

ANattyRat

That's a shame. Least you're making up for the missed opportunities now :)

snw9

Quote from: E-Money on May 04, 2017, 07:12 PM

I agree the intro riff is steph, which is the same when solo is played.
Code: [Select]

Bifrost

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 04, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 05:07 PM
Vesanic's stream (Phantom Bride comes in around 33 minutes) https://www.facebook.com/Deftoneslivestuff/videos/vb.100567706684565/1463575833717072/?type=3&theater

Here's the Periscope stream https://www.pscp.tv/damonheller/1ZkKzyzMDowxv
thanks. freakin unreal! sounds really good live too :) **pinch me**

i think it's Chino who played it too

Yeah, that's Chino playing it. He simplified it a bit from the original from JCantrell but I think he did an adequate job so they could perform it live at least.

nicklav

Quote from: Bifrost on May 04, 2017, 11:52 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on May 04, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 04, 2017, 05:07 PM
Vesanic's stream (Phantom Bride comes in around 33 minutes) https://www.facebook.com/Deftoneslivestuff/videos/vb.100567706684565/1463575833717072/?type=3&theater

With a bit of practice I bet he could pull it off okay. This just sounded like a couple of bent notes. Still awesome, though.

Here's the Periscope stream https://www.pscp.tv/damonheller/1ZkKzyzMDowxv
thanks. freakin unreal! sounds really good live too :) **pinch me**

i think it's Chino who played it too

Yeah, that's Chino playing it. He simplified it a bit from the original from JCantrell but I think he did an adequate job so they could perform it live at least.

With a bit of practice I think he could pull it off. This sounded like a couple of bent notes really and thats it. Still awesome, though.

Inkblades

Phantom Bride sounds great live. The outro sounds heavier. Thanks for the vids, V.

N0S3BLEED976

PB sounded unreal. Thank you for sharing! Chino hit every note

LG95

I mean, for a first ever live performance, it's seriously, seriously good. I think there's maybe a couple of minor errors - there's probably one high note that Chino's momentarily off on (and he pretty much rescues it by the end of the note) and I think there's a guitar bit that's slightly off when they go back into the chorus after the solo. That's more or less it. The rest sounds beautiful.

On the last chorus, there's something about the tone and delivery of the second "YOOOOOOOUUUUU" that is absolutely majestic. Nobody makes that sound better than Chino does there.

O

Some casual shit, need more preparation, but finally live, lolz!

Hidalgo

Quote from: BewareTheWater on May 04, 2017, 08:15 PM
Speaking of solos, I'm pretty sure that in one of their recent performances of Change, Chino kinda improvised a little solo near the end. I'd have to find the video again.
yes, he's done that a bunch of times at the end of change, for years now. really, hearts/wires has a small solo in the intro(imo, so there's Stef's solo on the album), and goon squad has one, but they haven't played it yet. then there's "answers" from the demos. so they have a few songs with solos.

Fred Bob

London show tonight... have not been this excited for a gig in a long time. It's great after the Paris gigs that I have absolutely no idea what they are going to play... Anyone else here psyched??  :)

ANattyRat

Quote from: Fred Bob on May 05, 2017, 12:29 PM
London show tonight... have not been this excited for a gig in a long time. It's great after the Paris gigs that I have absolutely no idea what they are going to play... Anyone else here psyched??  :)

I'm always excited to see Deftones, but for sure. I've been seeing them since 2010 and this is the first time where I don't know what they'll be playing (outside of the classics they play every show), what order, etc. Excellent stuff. Have fun at London! If they play a rare or never-played-before song, be awesome and record it for us, haha.

Lucas_Moreno

I saw the live transmission later and I noticed that Chino is sounding damn awesome, so on point. Sextape so heavenly, Entombed back in set!!!
Finally Phantom Bride live, that's all exciting!