Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Aretha Franklin and many more to prove it's not a weight/bad vocal thing. He's getting older TMZ. :D Sounds great after so many years
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

976-EVIL

Hey guys, I am trying to find the best recordings out there of both Roller Derby and Rosemary.
I have seen quite a few of the you tube stuff for both but wanted to get some feedback and reccommendations from the faithful here.

Thanks!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

976-EVIL

Agreed V, thats why I was reaching out, sound quality is what I'm looking for (sure we all are).

Do you have a favorite for each?

Vesanic

Nah, I don't really care about Roller Derby and there are really too many sources of Rosemary to pick just one.

OnyxPanicProne

Im not liking Roller Derby at all right now, Im hoping the studio version will be better. Rosemary is amazing though

Vesanic

It's kind of sad Chino doesn't use his kitty squeals on Fireal anymore, but these inhales totally work. The ones on that Washington performance are insane.

And he also sounds more into it than usual during Digital Bath, the highest notes have a lovely slightly raspy tone. Pretty sure the guy does some pre-show drinks again. ;D

snw9

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 09, 2012, 12:38 AM
Agreed V, thats why I was reaching out, sound quality is what I'm looking for (sure we all are).

Do you have a favorite for each?

Deftones - Rosemary (NEW SONG!!!) - Live @ The Troubadour - 07/28/2012

this is rosemary, imo the best recording. I can hear everything clearly and can somewhat make out the lyrics..
Roller derby from the same user too
Code: [Select]

bewareofrats

Not a big fan of Roller Derby from what I hear either.  It has too much of a CMND/CTRL/Melanie sound.  Maybe it will change when I hear it on the album but I hope there's better heavy songs on the album.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

976-EVIL

Slacker

976-EVIL

I think both Rosemary and Roller Derby are a pretty good picture of the contrasting styles that make me love the Tones.

Millennia

Vesanic

On that performance in Washington, Chino pulls off a monsterous exhale followed by an inhale right when the break of Engine No. 9 kicks in. That's the longest exhale I've heard from him in a very long time.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 09, 2012, 02:23 PM
On that performance in Washington, Chino pulls off a monsterous exhale followed by an inhale right when the break of Engine No. 9 kicks in. That's the longest exhale I've heard from him in a very long time.
That was pretty legit, Sergio is screaming bloody hell too

Caín

After listening to the new stuff quite a lot, I'm a little disappointed by Abe's performance. He follows the guitar to closely. Especially on Roller Derby. He had this problem since S/T and I hope he gets a little more inventive with his drumming in the future.

lozz

Those screams that Sergio is doing on engine no. 9 are pretty fucking good. They aren't all that controlled, but I quite like that raw sound to them, maybe his background in hardcore helps a lil with it. Much better than the "yelps" he was throwing out in the likes of my own summer when he first joined the band.

Thanks for keeping up with the vids V, could do with a thread like this over at glassjaw.net hehe
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 08, 2012, 10:06 PM
Exactly, I've met him and he's not fat. He's a normal sized dude. And the reason he's not so skinny anymore is because 1. He's getting older and 2. He's not doing coke and speed anymore, which is a good thing in my opinion

It's not that he's fat, in fact in the performance videos recently he looks skinny in his body- it's just his face that gets larger.

Caín

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 09, 2012, 02:23 PM

He changes it to an inhale half way through though.

Vesanic

That's what I said, followed by an inhale.