Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Jul 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
first post in years... holy shit, roller derby looks amazing!

omg you are not dead
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

snw9

Quote from: Northcal on Jul 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Does roller derby sound like Melanie, maybe just a lil bit??

Yeah Roller Derby definitely has the influence of Melanie. Guys I don't want to speak out of turn but we just could hear some Eros like stuff on this record. After listening to Rosemary and getting that dark atmospheric SNW vibe, Sergio's description of Eros material being longer and lot going on and Chino's description of the new record having dynamics, I feel an influence of Eros on this...

Roller derby starts out strong and ends strong with a "Thrash" like riff and Korea like intro. I think Chino could have kept the song heavy like Rapture instead of going towards Rats!rats!rats! and Melanie but it needs a few more listens. Overall, its your typical mix of Deftones. :)
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

no stfu dis jus b nu stuph no influenz wtf

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
no stfu dis jus b nu stuph no influenz wtf

Oh its nu alright but musically, its taking me back to the deftones I want to hear...We'll hear the new album and see
Code: [Select]

Far away

going to wait for a studio version of roller derby to say something...
kinda excited about rosemary though

one weak

Quote from: Far away on Jul 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
going to wait for a studio version of roller derby to say something...
kinda excited about rosemary though
same here

pixElsblUr

lol @rock_n_frost alive and kicking my friend, just staying busy

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Jul 29, 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote from: fuzzylogics on Jul 29, 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote from: deftones86 on Jul 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Damn Chino cant scream live anymore. I bet the studio versions the shit though. Still like Rosemary better
That's just the audio quality of the video or your speakers. His screams and voice were excellent all night. Probably his best I've seen in person.

But during roller derby you can't hear him at all (even live) the attack on the guitars drowned him out.
I think they drowned him out because they don't want us to memorize the lyrics yet, I don't know that maybe just me.

getting bits of rosemary, though. Definitely not enough to make up lyrics but the core stands for itself

pony_01

Roller Derby is so fucking HUUUUGE!! thanks to post the vid, Ves!

rock_n_frost

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Jul 29, 2012, 07:37 PM
lol @rock_n_frost alive and kicking my friend, just staying busy
then dont..
we need you here :p

im loving the both riffs in rollerderby and rosemary in every listen
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Added Bloody Cape to the Troubadour post.

kitesvera

Sergio posted a choice of songs for the setlist last night and Good Morning Beautiful and Battle Axe were on it Looks like I finally got through to them, and they decided to start practicing songs they never play live again!

https://twitter.com/aVEGAlypto/status/229637501604753408/photo/1

Far away

Quote from: kitesvera on Jul 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
Sergio posted a choice of songs for the setlist last night and Good Morning Beautiful and Battle Axe were on it Looks like I finally got through to them, and they decided to start practicing songs they never play live again!

https://twitter.com/aVEGAlypto/status/229637501604753408/photo/1

ah GMB... such a breeze...

Vesanic

iceache

I hope we get the studio version of Roller Derby soon. Kinda like Rocket Skates  yo... We got that shit in Feb 2010.. so lets go :p

sing blue silver

Quote from: iceache on Jul 30, 2012, 12:09 AM
I hope we get the studio version of Roller Derby soon. Kinda like Rocket Skates  yo... We got that shit in Feb 2010.. so lets go :p

This is true. I would say expect it soon. If that artwork is official (which I fear it is since I trust Sly) then it should be on the way rather shortly.

nineteen

I really hope it isn't the artwork. It really is mega shit and that font/typeface is utter sphincter.

Not the most constructive criticism but hey.

BillyNo.9

I really don't want to have to frame that artwork when it comes out on vinyl.