Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

:DAgreed. Roller Derby is my shit already! Love Chino's excuse me, C-note's melodies in this track. Very classic. Sergio really makes this track tasty though if u ask me. That bass line is like Jaws coming even faster under your board!   ;D I cannot wait for this record to blow minds...... if these tracks are just a taste of what's to come then i can't wait any longer than any of their previous releases. Never been so excited for Deftones in my life. I'll be at DTE Detroit in 2 frkn wks. Posted these tracks on fb and tons of friends (not DT fans, a majority anyways) are asking questions a lot..... shit is dope. Prob better in studio, we don't know yet
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

976-EVIL

I have to admit, over the many years I lurked this board before joining it and up to now I cannot remember a time it was so amped for a release since S/T.

As stated by many on the board I think this record will suprise us all, one way or another.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

SomeOf

The good point is we all know that they never do the same album twice.
We simply have to wait.

Inkblades

The bridge in Rosemary is so beautiful.

E-Money

Jacob

damn, never thought they'd play Fireal these days. that's awesome.

a shame they didn't play the whole song though :(
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ponyx

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 31, 2012, 01:49 AM
It really is, I can't stop playing it.

iceache

This song is gonna be fucking epic on the album... the fucking shit just sounds awesome..... I love Stef's work.... That part he plays @ 1:15... FUCK its so disgustingly heavy.

Deftones - Rosemary (NEW SONG!!!) - Live @ The Troubadour - 07/28/2012

333tone

I liked the ending riff...heavy! Also, the song structure kinda reminds me of Beware, let's wait and see.

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Far away

Quote from: iceache on Jul 31, 2012, 03:41 AM
This song is gonna be fucking epic on the album... the fucking shit just sounds awesome..... I love Stef's work.... That part he plays @ 1:15... FUCK its so disgustingly heavy.

top notch quality, ty ice. (and the guy who recorded it, of course)

rufas

Quote from: Far away on Jul 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: iceache on Jul 31, 2012, 03:41 AM

top notch quality, ty ice. (and the guy who recorded it, of course)

excellent job

The beginning/intro reminds me of later Tool somewhat, what with the bass playing the lead riff, and the textured guitar with delay and reverb on top

Anyway I really love it. Really can't wait for the LP now.

snw9

Quote from: 333tone on Jul 31, 2012, 03:20 PM
I liked the ending riff...heavy! Also, the song structure kinda reminds me of Beware, let's wait and see.

Completely agree with you, the ending is like beware too
Code: [Select]

snw9

Quote from: Inkblades on 30 July 2012, 11:49:15

When you mention bridge, its the same part that's right before the end right?
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Hearing Rosemary a bit clearer, he doesn't say Rosemary. Makes me wonder back to whether this is the title of the track for good. Kinda wonder if those lyrics for example "our minds set free" "the engine stalls" could b Flashback? idk, just thinking abt it too much maybe. Love it
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

deftoner664

I have a feeling that they may play this 'Flashback' song coming up in these next couple shows.. Every song they've mentioned in the interviews they've played so far except 'Flashback'
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

iceache

Far away

I was talking to Nico (Deftones-argentina) the other day about how Sergio is stepping up. Great bass lines on both songs.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Far away on Aug 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
I was talking to Nico (Deftones-argentina) the other day about how Sergio is stepping up. Great bass lines on both songs.

Agreed, Sergio seems to be getting more comfortable with his place in the band. Expect him to shine more on this record.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

shine down unshy

Quote from: iceache on Aug 01, 2012, 08:13 PM
Deftones - Roller Derby (New Song) Live at the Troubadour 2012

Is he talking about Donk there? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Sounds like he's saying "Massive dong."  then "King...Dong."  I don't know.  it's Chino.

iceache

Anyone know what time the show starts tonight?