Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Damn, so far, each song of each show has been taped. o_O

stu_101

IMO the set lists became repetitive when Sergio joined. Back in 03 and 06, I'd travel round the country for each show as most nights had a few surprises - these days, its not worth it. It's bad enough being at a show and knowing what songs coming up next because of the posts on here - let alone seeing the same setlist the night before!

I'm fed up of seven words, MOS etc - these guys have a huge back catalogue - need to put a bit of magic back into the set!

There Will Be Blood

They will play more of the other songs like bored when its their concert but since they are opening for SOAD every song has to be popular, Thats how it works.

OnyxPanicProne

Its kinda lame how they keep using 7 words as the final/encore song, it becomes predictable after awhile

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

OnyxPanicProne

It is but I just wish they would try a new song to end the shows with just to mix it up

TheShade1989

Let's face it, if ppl didnt record all the songs and if ppl didnt post the setlists on here, ppl wouldnt be getting bored of the same songs played. If you plan on seeing them multiple times on one tour you may get bored, but watching videos isnt the same as being there. Course it'd be awesome of them to play rare songs or just switch up the setlist, but for some reason they dont want to. Does it really stop you frm enjoying it to see songs live that you've seen videos of? If that's the case, stay away frm Youtube and you should adore the shows, right?

Plus, you're all forgetting something very important: the new album isnt out yet. This isnt a Diamond Eyes tour, but it's not a tour for the new album either. You dont think they'll be playing a new setlist wen the album is out? Course they will, and I'm sure they'll switch up the older songs they play too (even if just slightly).

normsteez

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Aug 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
Let's face it, if ppl didnt record all the songs and if ppl didnt post the setlists on here, ppl wouldnt be getting bored of the same songs played. If you plan on seeing them multiple times on one tour you may get bored, but watching videos isnt the same as being there. Course it'd be awesome of them to play rare songs or just switch up the setlist, but for some reason they dont want to. Does it really stop you frm enjoying it to see songs live that you've seen videos of? If that's the case, stay away frm Youtube and you should adore the shows, right?

Plus, you're all forgetting something very important: the new album isnt out yet. This isnt a Diamond Eyes tour, but it's not a tour for the new album either. You dont think they'll be playing a new setlist wen the album is out? Course they will, and I'm sure they'll switch up the older songs they play too (even if just slightly).

Thanks for staying positive.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Sicario

Not sure if anyone has seen this video of Roller Derby. The quality is pretty stellar in my opinion. I am actually enjoying this song a little more now that I can hear some of the more subtle sounds.

Deftones - Roller Derby New Song Live (1080HD Sound Quality)

I hope I put this in the right place. Should it have gone in the songs played live/youtube videos etc. thread?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

Sorry but that's a very, very dumb argument.

vinsanity

Playing the same setlist during all tour would make sense 15, 20 years ago when people didn't have easy access to what was being played in other gigs of the same tour but now with message boards, youtube, setlist.fm, etc.

It kinda sucks some of my favourite bands doing that like Iron Maiden, Depeche Mode, The Prodigy, playing the same setlist during all the tour or the same 10/15 songs every tours, sure it needs to have some hit songs, because that's what most people are expecting when they're coming to see them, but mixing up a lil bit, adding the element of surprise it's always very fresh (limp bizkit, for example, does that very well) and adds something unique and special to that gig from a fan point of view and not just another gig that went by. That's what i think.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

jaypayton

the fact you just name-checked limp bizkit eliminates any credibility you have...

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 11, 2012, 12:46 AM

Sorry but that's a very, very dumb argument.

It's not dumb at all. Plus, they'll obviously switch it up once the SOAD tour is done.

snw9

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Aug 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
It is but I just wish they would try a new song to end the shows with just to mix it up

I was thinking Rats!Rats!Rats! Have them throw the crowd in a frenzy
Code: [Select]

vinsanity

Quote from: jaypayton on Aug 11, 2012, 03:08 AM
the fact you just name-checked limp bizkit eliminates any credibility you have...

i don't give a fuck what you think about my credibility, i like them, you don't, probably never saw them live before and you're talking my credibility or lack of it, grow up, and it's true, they rarely play the same setlist every night.

on topic: like i was predicting they didn't played any songs last night that they haven't played this tour

Rocket Skates
        Diamond Eyes
        My Own Summer (Shove It)
        Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
        Digital Bath
        Royal
        You've Come For The Butcher
        Bloody Cape
        Minerva
        Fireal
        Engine No. 9
        Roller Derby
        Rosemary
        Change (In the House of Flies)
        Root
        7 Words

nineteen

I feel it's all because of the internet. Now everyone knows everything, has the same shit and sees everything as it happens. I love it and hate it at the same time.

I preferred the older way of things with you either having the record/CD and the only live outlet was seeing the band live (with an occasional crappy video tape). It kept the mystery there for me but now I can see everything a band pretty much does. Like I said above, it's a love/hate thing.

asshole

Quote from: vinsanity on Aug 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
        You've Come For The Butcher
New Song?
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

vinsanity

my bad, i copied the setlist that was on setlist-fm, didn't noticed that =P