Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeOf

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2012, 12:00 PM
That performance of Bloody Cape at the Wisconsin Knotfest show.
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
They should really play more shit from the S/T. I feel like Chino's in the right mood for that.

I really dislike this interpretation of Bloody Cape. Nothing dark here, too much fakin' it.
Plus, there's a lot of false notes and screams aren't pure.
Of course, it's my opinion.

jbmp1390

I don't think they fake anything man. And his screams are really good. Have you seen some of the older performances of this song? From say maybe 2003? His screams are just god awful not to mention his singing. He now sounds like he's a lot healthier and now he's actually able to sing well and scream well. I don't see how you can have a problem with a performance like that. Like you said though, your opinion.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Vesanic

Quote from: SomeOf on Aug 21, 2012, 02:44 PM
I really dislike this interpretation of Bloody Cape. Nothing dark here, too much fakin' it.
Plus, there's a lot of false notes and screams aren't pure.
Of course, it's my opinion.

You're never happy, woman.

Vesanic

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
I don't think they fake anything man. And his screams are really good. Have you seen some of the older performances of this song? From say maybe 2003?

Nah man. It depends on which leg of the 2003 era you're talking about. The best performances of Bloody Cape are definitely from that year. The performance at Wembley, for example, is pretty epic. Not to mention the overall darkness and purple/black/blue lights that totally matched the atmosphere of the songs played.

This is possibly my favorite version of Bloody Cape, and you CANNOT say Chino sings bad or anything. His screams are also monsterous:

Deftones - Bloody Cape live @ Pershing Auditorium, July 1st 2003 [17/17]

SomeOf

^^ This one, for example, is incredible.

Vesanic

Never said it was half as good as this one, but for a supposedly clean DE era type performance, it was more than good.

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

jbmp1390

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
I don't think they fake anything man. And his screams are really good. Have you seen some of the older performances of this song? From say maybe 2003?

Nah man. It depends on which leg of the 2003 era you're talking about. The best performances of Bloody Cape are definitely from that year. The performance at Wembley, for example, is pretty epic. Not to mention the overall darkness and purple/black/blue lights that totally matched the atmosphere of the songs played.

This is possibly my favorite version of Bloody Cape, and you CANNOT say Chino sings bad or anything. His screams are also monsterous:

You are right is does depend on which time in 2003. Wembley is great. I can't remember the show, but I remember at least one from 2003 that was just god awful. I think it was just because they had been touring a lot though and his voice was just blown out. I'm just happy to see him on point lately.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: vinsanity on Aug 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
that's a great song to close a gig =)

I agree, the first time I ever saw them was in 04 and they closed with it...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Are there thin, small framed girls working security there? Whose idea was that?

Killer rendition, by the way.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Aug 23, 2012, 06:30 AM

Are there thin, small framed girls working security there? Whose idea was that?

Haha I noticed that, too... Made me laugh...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

shoop

that girl's like holy shit at the end lol

Raptor Jesus

Did anyone here go to the D.C. show last month?

Edit: I see there's a thread dedicated to this. My bad. The question still stands though.

kitesvera

Who's got a presale password for the presale that starts tommorrow? Anyone know what it is?

iceache

So I'm watching this video of Rosemary... and I notice that @ 3:10, sergio grabs a mic and sings a little part... I wonder if he'll be on the record doing any backup vocals.

Deftones: Rosemary, live at Allstate Arena, Chicago, 8-15-2012

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: iceache on Sep 12, 2012, 06:39 AM
So I'm watching this video of Rosemary... and I notice that @ 3:10, sergio grabs a mic and sings a little part... I wonder if he'll be on the record doing any backup vocals.
I doubt it he sings in some of their other songs live as well mostly just little overlapping harmony's I think he only does this live because Chino can't  whereas in the record they can multi track Chino plus he is a horrible singer.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

assholes already had the tix bought up 10 min into the sale and sold them for 3x the amount. Not happy with the fuckheads in this world. Get a real job fucker. I really wish they would stop this shit legally anyways..... I bought them though!!! sucker :P
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

RollerDerby

I love this version. Nasty.
"Carve your niche."

geraavl08

Deftones in San Antonio! November 15th! With Scars on Broadway, Sunken Garden - Tix on sale Friday 9/28 frontgatetickets.com @10a

cesar421

a lot of these sets are hard to believe
deftonestour.blogspot.com