Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Bza々

Quote from: normsteez on Oct 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
ive said it before and Ill say it again, I really wish they would stop playing Change and Seven Words. Those songs are beat.

Also instead of root, engine, birthmark, why dont they throw in lifter, minus blindfold, or one weak. For the hell of it, I just listened to one weak in my head phones with it turned all the way up, God this song fucking rips!

Just switch it up every night like they used to, God I miss those days.

For real dude, Minus Blindfold and Lifter would be fucking sick.

deftoner664

I agree with seven words but not change it's a standard and I know they keep it on the setlist because its one of their most popular songs, so if a random joe goes to a deftones concert with a friend or something at least they'll recognize that song.. However, two songs that I cant fucking stand on the set list anymore is Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 22, 2012, 02:11 AM
However, two songs that I cant fucking stand on the set list anymore is Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes.

Indeed. I absolutely hate Rocket Skates live ever since they decided to speed it up. It sound so horrible...

Vesanic

The only good performances of Rocket Skates are from 2009, in my opinion.

Vesanic

Yup... Chino's voice had something different from now...

rufas

Quote from: normsteez on Oct 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
Just switch it up every night like they used to, God I miss those days.

'those days' are a LONG time ago now, my friend.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Bza々

makes you wonder, with such an extensive catalog full of so many hits why they play the same shit over and over.

TheShade1989

Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
makes you wonder, with such an extensive catalog full of so many hits why they play the same shit over and over.

Dont most bands do that? All the bands I've seen live or who I like keep the same setlist per tour, minus a few changes.

cesar421

Radiohead has 8 albums and they always change their set.
311 also have too many albums and they change their set.

The only bands i know who always play the same songs on all of their shows are Incubus,Tool and sadly now Deftones.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
Because its impossible for them to play every single so perfect from memory that's why they choose a setlist and then rehearse it, alot of preparation goes into those tours.They have what 60+ songs it's unreasonable for use to expect them to rehearse and memorise them all

Playhouse

Many bands at their level have the same set list for a tour.

We are the only people getting bored of these sets because we analyse and share videos of every show.

To have a completely different set each night on a tour would be difficult because they are planned and synced with production.

eg. techs, lighting, mixing

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Playhouse on Oct 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Many bands at their level have the same set list for a tour.

We are the only people getting bored of these sets because we analyse and share videos of every show.

To have a completely different set each night on a tour would be difficult because they are planned and synced with production.

eg. techs, lighting, mixing
Yeah especially with all the different tunings they use

Vesanic

Quote from: Playhouse on Oct 22, 2012, 11:04 AM

Wrong. I've seen many people who weren't from the board who actually complained about the setlists being repetitive as fuck.

Vesanic

2012-10-21 - Blue Note, Columbia, Missouri, USA

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Tempest
Fireal [First part only]
Engine No. 9
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger
Bloody Cape

Bored
Root
7 Words

Videos:

Full show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71TucYRrv4

slyartwork

I wish they would be as creative with changing their set as Pearl Jam....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Gee

Tempest live : goosebumps, all the way. Damn.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

defsteve

Quote from: slyartwork on Oct 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
I wish they would be as creative with changing their set as Pearl Jam....

Ha. Agreed.

Saw PJ twice in Manchester in June. Played approx. 54 songs over 2 nights but only repeated about 4.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website