Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

I wish they would throw in a few other songs .. like teething .. lotion and ATF .. ratsratsrats .. good morning beautiful .. needles and pins .. beware .. one weak and lifter .. i mean im not complainting with their setlist and i know its kinda hard to play different setlists everyday .. but every once in awhile throw in some goodies that they dont really play .. im sure the setlist will change a bit after KNY drops though .. im hoping for that
Was it like it seemed?...

sing blue silver

It'll include more KNY songs. Don't expect any other changes. Rivière is our rare little treat for this tour.

Slacker

Quote from: slyartwork on Oct 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
I wish they would be as creative with changing their set as Pearl Jam....

yeah, though you really gotta love your songs. there very few bands that are able to pull it.

gwenudo

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
It'll include more KNY songs. Don't expect any other changes. Rivière is our rare little treat for this tour.

i just also hope they dont take off songs and replace them with KNY .. 20 songs is good .. but adding more will make it better and worth awhile  :D and riviere is a nice treat .. but sometimes i wish he would replace it with teenager :/

normsteez

The excuse that they need to rehearse the songs is bullshit. During 2006-2007 the setlist changed every night.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: normsteez on Oct 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
The excuse that they need to rehearse the songs is bullshit. During 2006-2007 the setlist changed every night.
so you expect them to be able to able play each one of their 70+ songs well live without rehearsing them? its just unreasonable to expect them to do that if they did the performances would go down hill.Plus you have to remember more songs have been added since 2006.

gwenudo

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
so you expect them to be able to able play each one of their 70+ songs well live without rehearsing them? its just unreasonable to expect them to do that if they did the performances would go down hill.Plus you have to remember more songs have been added since 2006.

im not really saying rehearsing wise but more like playable friendly ... im sure if we were all to play some hardcore songs like wgtb our throats would surely be sore after awhile .. and im guessing thats wwhy they chose that setlist .. cause theyre still gonna tour for awhile and welll we dont want chinos voice fucking up again ^_^ but im sure the band could play any song like nothing .. im pretty sure theyre doing this for chinos voice though.. if you think about it ..

Vesanic

Then how do you explain they used to change the setlists every night after all that time? They're able of it, man. They used to play Mascara all the fucking time, and as far as I know, it's one of their easiest songs to play. What's the excuse, now? I just think they got lazy and do what they want, period.

deftone702

On top of Change and 7 Words, I would also like to retire Passenger, I love the song very much but live it just doesn't work as a solo I feel.  There are plenty of other chill out song Chino can play guitar and let the crowd calm down other then change and digital bath.  ie beware,teenager,mascara,xerces etc.  Throw Headup in as a closer instead of 7 words, that shit is amazing!

Vesanic

Quote from: deftone702 on Oct 22, 2012, 07:13 PM
There are plenty of other chill out song Chino can play guitar and let the crowd calm down other then change and digital bath.  ie beware,teenager,mascara,xerces etc.

FUCKING DEATHBLOW.

But I'll say it again, I am very, very happy they're finally giving Rivière a try. From all the SNW songs, I'd never thought they'd choose that one. And it's my favorite, so yeah, it's awesome they're doing that.

jaypayton

who gives a fuck if they havent rehearsed a song. If they play it and its messy live, thats punk rock. retire every song from white pony and BQAD and MOS and root/7 words/engine.....

maybe one of these years when they arent promoting an album they will do a tour where they ONLY play rare shit.....Thats what The Cure did in 2002, thats what NIN did in 2009.

xLhabiax

When they played philly in 2000 w/ taproot and incubus they opened with Mascara while playing behind a curtain, i still get goosebumps just thinking about how awesome it was. I'd love to hear mascara again, or fist, fireal in its entirety, pink maggit.

After seeing them 4 times in 2011 and once this year i can say im pretty tired of diamond eyes and rocket skates....although killer tunes i'd be happy to hear a couple other heavier songs in place of them....maybe minus blindfold? break out needles and pins again?

And for me, as much as i loved 7 words when i was younger (29 now) if they retired that song i'd be fine with it, its sick live especially with the right crowd and Chino in the right mood but i've seen it played so many times in the 12 years i've been a fan i wouldnt miss it
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Vesanic

xLhabiax

We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Playhouse

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 22, 2012, 02:40 PM
Quote from: Playhouse on Oct 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
We are the only people getting bored of these sets because we analyse and share videos of every show.

Wrong. I've seen many people who weren't from the board who actually complained about the setlists being repetitive as fuck.
Ok so theres other people who are complaining.

jaypayton

as for the White Pony songs, Im down to hear Korea and Elite at any time. Pink Maggit would be sick live....Enough of Change and Digital...plus every time Chino tries to sing Passenger...it is embarrassing

Deadradio

Quote from: jaypayton on Oct 23, 2012, 02:24 AM
as for the White Pony songs, Im down to hear Korea and Elite at any time. Pink Maggit would be sick live....Enough of Change and Digital...plus every time Chino tries to sing Passenger...it is embarrassing

Yeah, agree on the Passenger thing!

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
Then how do you explain they used to change the setlists every night after all that time? They're able of it, man. They used to play Mascara all the fucking time, and as far as I know, it's one of their easiest songs to play. What's the excuse, now? I just think they got lazy and do what they want, period.
I'm pretty sure the reason they dont play Mascara is because it was about Chino's wife. And since they are now split I dont think he wants to sing it. Dunno I just think thats the reason why.

CharmCityTonesLover

I love them all but wouldn't be opposed to retiring some with hella mileage for  Battle Axe, Combat, Lifter, Deathblow, and Dai the Flu  8)

Bza々

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Oct 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason they dont play Mascara is because it was about Chino's wife. And since they are now split I dont think he wants to sing it. Dunno I just think thats the reason why.

Ya good point, she fucked Chino up emotionally and having been in love and concluding the relationship with a bad breakup I know what it's like wanting to avoid any bad memories associated with said ex.