Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

To be honest, I'd imagine that's why they dont play many songs frm ST, as well as SNW. Dark times in their lives, and although it'd create brilliant emotion on-stage, maybe it's not something they wanna revisit often. Course, it'd be awesome if they ever did change their mind and play some of those songs.

DeftonesNZ

Might have something to do with Sergio aswell has he actually learnt all their songs yet?

one weak

I think there's WAY more strategy to what they play when promoting a new record than we're giving them credit for. Sure, maybe some of it has to do with playing songs that they won't need to rehearse, but I think it's equally a marketing strategy. More people are likely to go out and purchase KNY if they hear MOS and Change than if they swapped those for Rickets and Deathblow....or whatever the combo of "deeper cuts." I too would love to see more diversity, however.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I agree and guarantee this is why....especially these days with the new generation of fans and all.  :)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Btw, we also have to believe it has a lot to do with Sergio coming in touring, writing learning.......NEW SONGS!!! 6 albums plus and to play and switch on a dime, I know he's good but he's human and so are they.  Sergio has a lot to do with why certain songs and most songs haven't been heard in a great while, right? :-\
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
Btw, we also have to believe it has a lot to do with Sergio coming in touring, writing learning.......NEW SONGS!!! 6 albums plus and to play and switch on a dime, I know he's good but he's human and so are they.  Sergio has a lot to do with why certain songs and most songs haven't been heard in a great while, right? :-\
thats what i mean i don't think its possible for him to have learnt all their songs especially considering hes been writing new stuff at the same time

lungdamage

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
thats what i mean i don't think its possible for him to have learnt all their songs especially considering hes been writing new stuff at the same time

sergio has done a pro job coming in.... 
hard to do that, to take it all on and slot in, he's stepped up to it.

(taking into consideration chi's boots :/)

deftoolsys07

To the remarks saying "Swerve City" sounds like it's futuristic or whatever, not only can you not judge a song by its name, but Swerve City is a phrase used when talking about drinking and driving. Which to me doesn't sound like anything futuristic.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Inkblades

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Oct 23, 2012, 10:00 AM
To the remarks saying "Swerve City" sounds like it's futuristic or whatever, not only can you not judge a song by its name, but Swerve City is a phrase used when talking about drinking and driving. Which to me doesn't sound like anything futuristic.
Oh really thats cool to know sounds kind of like an old Noir film name

nineteen

Only because of that association.

I get a retro-futuristic thing from the name - like the 1980's obsession with the future with the dated feel it brings from the current day.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: nineteen on Oct 23, 2012, 01:17 PM

Only because of that association.

I get a retro-futuristic thing from the name - like the 1980's obsession with the future with the dated feel it brings from the current day.
Funny you said that reminded me also of one of those sci fi movies like blade runner

bojosoto

Deftones being my all time favorite band, I watch videos of them everyday from all eras. In my opinion the guys are playing better than ever right now. I literally gets chills when I watch all the live videos being put up from this tour.

Deftones-Feiticeira live at The Fillmore Auditorium in Denver, CO on Oct 19th 2012
This is in my opinion by far the best performance of Feiticeira I have seen in many years.

therealdaebat

Quote from: jaypayton on Oct 23, 2012, 02:24 AM
as for the White Pony songs, Im down to hear Korea and Elite at any time. Pink Maggit would be sick live....Enough of Change and Digital...plus every time Chino tries to sing Passenger...it is embarrassing

agreed on Passenger.  Change has never sounded great live to me either.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Vesanic

Next time I see them, if I get the chance to meet Chino again, I'll tell him about Pink Maggit. Hearing this song live is a dream.

Caín

Quote from: bojosoto on Oct 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Deftones being my all time favorite band, I watch videos of them everyday from all eras. In my opinion the guys are playing better than ever right now. I literally gets chills when I watch all the live videos being put up from this tour.

Deftones-Feiticeira live at The Fillmore Auditorium in Denver, CO on Oct 19th 2012
This is in my opinion by far the best performance of Feiticeira I have seen in many years.

Great performance. What an incredible song. It really is one of the best things they have ever done.

dawg

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
Next time I see them, if I get the chance to meet Chino again, I'll tell him about Pink Maggit. Hearing this song live is a dream.

You already told him and he said not possible because they can't get all the parts together like they recorded it! He said something like, not knowing the guitar parts as far as I remember!

Vesanic

Indeed but maybe if I ask again and again... :P

Besides, last time we talked to him, we told him about quite a few songs. Next time, I'll just say Pink Maggit. ;D

cesar421

They have only played once pink maggit in its entirety right?

DeftonesNZ