Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosscheck

Any guess at why they stopped playing WGTB? Too brutal for his vocal chords or it was a short bout anyway?

gwenudo

Quote from: Crosscheck on Oct 25, 2012, 04:31 AM
Any guess at why they stopped playing WGTB? Too brutal for his vocal chords or it was a short bout anyway?

To much yelling for chino i bet :/ same with the song leathers .. he cant burnout his throat yet so im guessing thats why theve stopped those for awhile :/
Was it like it seemed?...

TC1684

I'll be at the Philly show and i'm really hoping that they don't open with Diamond Eyes, Nothing against the song I just feel that they're really wearing it out as an opener.

tarkil

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 24, 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 24, 2012, 09:17 PM
but on that kerrang interview thing chino says how they plan the setlists and stuff cause they dont want the same thing every night ..

LOL Chino. ;D

Wasn't that an old interview ? Like from many years ago !??

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftoner664

Here goes a lengthy post.... I just got back from seeing Deftones at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan with some friends. It was fucking sick! They are performing just as good, if not better than when I seen them on the Diamond Eyes tour. Poltergeist sounds alot better live and in person than on Youtube, it had the whole place going wild. (My friend did get a video of Riviere, which I'am waiting for her to upload, by the way). After plenty of booze, they ended with 7 Words of course, and we left the venue.
We walked around out back and waited for them to get on the bus, so Chino comes out, he seemed exhausted and reserved, took four pictures, signed a few things including my friends' ST CD, and then Juan had to bat every horny little school girl off of him and he shortly afterwards entered the tour bus.

Next, Frank came out, he was chill, very nice and respectful, signed the fans stuff, took pics with all of us and then he got on the bus. Then Abe walks out high in spirits like always, he started to sign a girls vinyl and then I asked him "Abe, is Romantic Dreams really heavy?" He looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and said "maaaaayyybee" lol Everyone started laughing. My friend had Abe sign his ID because his last name is also Cunningham lol ( I know random) but turns out he has the same exact name as Abe's son, which is Daniel Cunningham. Then the fans were like "where's Steph?" Abe responds "He's in the back around the corner smoking some weed" lol My girlfriend made a bracelet for Abe and he was nice enough to accept it as a gift and allowed her to put it on his wrist.. very cool moment for her, she wont shut up about it. She joked with him and said," you can set this on fire later if you want" and he started laughing, and responded  "No, it's cool, I like it". Abe singned some fans stuff and then he said goodbye and headed on the tour bus.
Next, Steph comes out, blazed and all smiles and took a pic with all of us.  I had a very good 5 minute long conversation with him. I first asked him about Kush and if there was ever a chance they will do anything again, and he said yes they will, but he's obviously busy with the KNY tour and he said once he gets down time they're going to get back together and do some stuff. I then started to talk with Steph about how he likes his guitar processor AXE FX II and he said he loved it, and said that  he will one day try to make all of his presets for his guitar tones available as plugins through Fractal Audio. Which for me as a guitar player, is huge news ! Now I dont know how official that is but he said he's all for it. A fan asked him if he prefered to smoke blunts, joints, or bongs? he responded with "I dont really like blunts, I prefer smoking oils and waxes.  Everyone was so intrigued about Stephs pot usage, so I chimed in and was like, "so do you do it for the creativity or what?" Steph responded, " No, not really for the need of creativity, but because my mind is always full of ideas, and when I smoke it puts me in a state where I'm focused and locked into one central idea, and the euphoria just gives me a heightened perspective ( wasnt all word for word like that.. but that's pretty much what he said). He also commented that smoking is an occasional thing for the other guys in the band and it's not an all day thing. He just blazes up at the end of the day with Sergio mostly. However, he said when they're writing, they smoke allllottt lol! Another random thing, my friend Dan bummed a cig off of Stephen and he only had 2 left, and  he was cool enough to let him have one, Steph smokes, American Spirits. Fans asked him if he has golfed lately and he said no, and he said when he goes to Europe he's going to have absolutely no time do anything like that. We all then asked where's Sergio? Steph responds, "he's hiding out in the bus acting like a Diva" lol everyone started laughing.. I shook Steph's hand, got a pic, thanked him, and we left... Great fucking night that I had to share and figured some of you might be interested in some of that.  ;D
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Vesanic

2012-10-24 - Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Tempest
Fireal [First part only]
Engine No. 9
Rivière [No outro]
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger
Bloody Cape

Encore

Bored
Root
7 Words

Videos:

gwenudo

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 25, 2012, 03:18 PM
Here goes a lengthy post.... I just got back from seeing Deftones at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan with some friends. It was fucking sick! They are performing just as good, if not better than when I seen them on the Diamond Eyes tour. Poltergeist sounds alot better live and in person than on Youtube, it had the whole place going wild. (My friend did get a video of Riviere, which I'am waiting for her to upload, by the way). After plenty of booze, they ended with 7 Words of course and we left the venue. We walked around out back and waited for them to get on the bus, so Chino comes out, he seemed exhausted and reserved took four pictures, signed a few things including my friends' ST CD, and then Juan had to bat every horny little school girl off of him and he entered the tour bus. Next, Frank came out, he was chill, very nice and respectful, signed the fans stuff, took pics with all of us and then he got on the bus. Next Abe walks out high in spirits like always, he started to sign a girls vinyl and then I asked him "Abe, is Romantic Dreams really heavy?" He looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and said "maaaaayyybee" lol Everyone started laughing. My friend had Abe sign his ID because his last name is also Cunningham lol ( I know random) but turns out he has the same exact name as Abe's son, which is Daniel Cunningham. Then the fans were like "where's Steph?" Abe responds "He's back around the corner smoking some weed" lol My girlfriend made a bracelet for Abe and he was nice enough to accept it as a gift and allow her to put it on his wrist.. very cool moment for her, she wont shut up about it. She joked with him and said," you can set this on fire later if you want" and he started laughing, and responded  "No, it's cool, I like it". Abe singned some fans stuff and then he said goodbye and headed on the tour bus. Next, Steph comes out, blazed and all smiles and took a pic with all of us.  I had a very good 5 minute long conversation with him. I first asked him about Kush and if there was ever a chance they will do anything again, and he said yes they will, but he's obviously busy with the KNY tour and he said once he gets down time they're gunna get back together and do some stuff. I then started to talk with Steph about how he likes his guitar processer AXE FX II and he said he loved it and said that  he will one day try to make all of his pre-sets for his guitar tones available as plugins through Fractal Audio. Which for me as a guitar player, is huge news ! Now I dont know how official that is but he said he's all for it. A fan asked him if he prefered to smoke blunts, joints, or bongs? he responded with waxes.  Everyone was so intrigued about Stephs pot usage, so I chimed in and was like so do you do it for the creativity or what? Steph responded " No, not really for the need of creativity, but because my mind is always full of ideas, and when I smoke it puts me in a state where I'm focused and locked in to one central idea and the euphoria just gives me a heightened perspective ( wasnt all word for word like that.. but that's pretty much what he said). He also commented that smoking is an occasional thing for the other guys in the band and it's not an all day thing. He just blazes up at the end of the day with Sergio mostly. However, he said when they're writing, they smoke allllottt lol! Fans asked him if he has golfed lately and he said no, and he said when he goes to Europe he's going to have absolutely no time do anything like that. We all then asked where's Sergio? Steph responds, "he's hiding out in the bus acting like a Diva" lol everyone started laughing.. I shook Steph's hand, got a pic, thanked him, and we left... Great fucking night that I had to share and figured some of you might be interested in some of that. XD

Pretty sick bro thats whats up!! Hopefully i get that lucky just like you! Great story though!

xLhabiax

I'm checking them out Sunday in Phila....can anyone tell me what time they've been hitting the stage?
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

normsteez

anyone going to the Rams Head Live show in Baltimore tomorrow?
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

kitesvera

yeah I'll be there. Definitely get the set list as i always do. No the actual one or anything just what they played...

Bza々

Here goes a lengthy post.... I just got back from seeing Deftones at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan with some friends. It was fucking sick! They are performing just as good, if not better than when I seen them on the Diamond Eyes tour. Poltergeist sounds alot better live and in person than on Youtube, it had the whole place going wild. (My friend did get a video of Riviere, which I'am waiting for her to upload, by the way). After plenty of booze, they ended with 7 Words of course, and we left the venue. We walked around out back and waited for them to get on the bus, so Chino comes out, he seemed exhausted and reserved took four pictures, signed a few things including my friends' ST CD, and then Juan had to bat every horny little school girl off of him and he entered the tour bus. Next, Frank came out, he was chill, very nice and respectful, signed the fans stuff, took pics with all of us and then he got on the bus. Next Abe walks out high in spirits like always, he started to sign a girls vinyl and then I asked him "Abe, is Romantic Dreams really heavy?" He looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and said "maaaaayyybee" lol Everyone started laughing. My friend had Abe sign his ID because his last name is also Cunningham lol ( I know random) but turns out he has the same exact name as Abe's son, which is Daniel Cunningham. Then the fans were like "where's Steph?" Abe responds "He's in the back around the corner smoking some weed" lol My girlfriend made a bracelet for Abe and he was nice enough to accept it as a gift and allowed her to put it on his wrist.. very cool moment for her, she wont shut up about it. She joked with him and said," you can set this on fire later if you want" and he started laughing, and responded  "No, it's cool, I like it". Abe singned some fans stuff and then he said goodbye and headed on the tour bus. Next, Steph comes out, blazed and all smiles and took a pic with all of us.  I had a very good 5 minute long conversation with him. I first asked him about Kush and if there was ever a chance they will do anything again, and he said yes they will, but he's obviously busy with the KNY tour and he said once he gets down time they're gunna get back together and do some stuff. I then started to talk with Steph about how he likes his guitar processer AXE FX II and he said he loved it and said that  he will one day try to make all of his pre-sets for his guitar tones available as plugins through Fractal Audio. Which for me as a guitar player, is huge news ! Now I dont know how official that is but he said he's all for it. A fan asked him if he prefered to smoke blunts, joints, or bongs? he responded with waxes.  Everyone was so intrigued about Stephs pot usage, so I chimed in and was like so do you do it for the creativity or what? Steph responded " No, not really for the need of creativity, but because my mind is always full of ideas, and when I smoke it puts me in a state where I'm focused and locked in to one central idea and the euphoria just gives me a heightened perspective ( wasnt all word for word like that.. but that's pretty much what he said). He also commented that smoking is an occasional thing for the other guys in the band and it's not an all day thing. He just blazes up at the end of the day with Sergio mostly. However, he said when they're writing, they smoke allllottt lol! Fans asked him if he has golfed lately and he said no, and he said when he goes to Europe he's going to have absolutely no time do anything like that. We all then asked where's Sergio? Steph responds, "he's hiding out in the bus acting like a Diva" lol everyone started laughing.. I shook Steph's hand, got a pic, thanked him, and we left... Great fucking night that I had to share and figured some of you might be interested in some of that. XD

Paragraphs dude, PARAGRAPHS. Awesome tale though ;)

deftoner664

Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
Paragraphs dude, PARAGRAPHS. Awesome tale though ;)

Hahah, My bad.. i typed it up real fast at like 4 o'clock in the morning didnt really acknowledge proper writing formats.. I edited it above^, plus added some more details I recalled in my original post.

Shadow46/2

Awesome story. Hope I get to meet em in Dallas.

Hey, I know there's some dudes on the board who have seen them at the dallas palladium before. Any tips on where to find them after the show?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

gwenudo

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Oct 26, 2012, 11:58 AM

Hey, I know there's some dudes on the board who have seen them at the dallas palladium before. Any tips on where to find them after the show?

Same here please i really wanna get a chance to em that day.. im sure itll be at the back most likely .. but tips anybody? I went there 2 years ago to see them but i didnt go to the back to say hi

deftoner664

Just look around the venue for their tour bus, it's an orange color. After the shows over Juan is usually standing outside of it.. Juan is their good friend/ band manager. He's a cool dude for sure.

gwenudo

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 26, 2012, 04:33 PM

Just look around the venue for their tour bus, it's an orange color. After the shows over Juan is usually standing outside of it.. Juan is their good friend/ band manager. He's a cool dude for sure.

Thanks for the info! Yea juan does seem cool .. might just ask for a pic with him lol .. and so its orange?

deftoner664

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 26, 2012, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the info! Yea juan does seem cool .. might just ask for a pic with him lol .. and so its orange?

Yeah its' not like a neon orange or anything but its got a few other colors on it as well but over all yes, it's orange. where ever you see their roadies loading their gear into a truck, their tour bus has got to be near by.

Dath

Here goes a lengthy post.... I just got back from seeing Deftones at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan with some friends. It was fucking sick! They are performing just as good, if not better than when I seen them on the Diamond Eyes tour. Poltergeist sounds alot better live and in person than on Youtube, it had the whole place going wild. (My friend did get a video of Riviere, which I'am waiting for her to upload, by the way). After plenty of booze, they ended with 7 Words of course, and we left the venue.
We walked around out back and waited for them to get on the bus, so Chino comes out, he seemed exhausted and reserved, took four pictures, signed a few things including my friends' ST CD, and then Juan had to bat every horny little school girl off of him and he shortly afterwards entered the tour bus.

Next, Frank came out, he was chill, very nice and respectful, signed the fans stuff, took pics with all of us and then he got on the bus. Then Abe walks out high in spirits like always, he started to sign a girls vinyl and then I asked him "Abe, is Romantic Dreams really heavy?" He looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and said "maaaaayyybee" lol Everyone started laughing. My friend had Abe sign his ID because his last name is also Cunningham lol ( I know random) but turns out he has the same exact name as Abe's son, which is Daniel Cunningham. Then the fans were like "where's Steph?" Abe responds "He's in the back around the corner smoking some weed" lol My girlfriend made a bracelet for Abe and he was nice enough to accept it as a gift and allowed her to put it on his wrist.. very cool moment for her, she wont shut up about it. She joked with him and said," you can set this on fire later if you want" and he started laughing, and responded  "No, it's cool, I like it". Abe singned some fans stuff and then he said goodbye and headed on the tour bus.
Next, Steph comes out, blazed and all smiles and took a pic with all of us.  I had a very good 5 minute long conversation with him. I first asked him about Kush and if there was ever a chance they will do anything again, and he said yes they will, but he's obviously busy with the KNY tour and he said once he gets down time they're going to get back together and do some stuff. I then started to talk with Steph about how he likes his guitar processor AXE FX II and he said he loved it, and said that  he will one day try to make all of his presets for his guitar tones available as plugins through Fractal Audio. Which for me as a guitar player, is huge news ! Now I dont know how official that is but he said he's all for it. A fan asked him if he prefered to smoke blunts, joints, or bongs? he responded with "I dont really like blunts, I prefer smoking oils and waxes.  Everyone was so intrigued about Stephs pot usage, so I chimed in and was like, "so do you do it for the creativity or what?" Steph responded, " No, not really for the need of creativity, but because my mind is always full of ideas, and when I smoke it puts me in a state where I'm focused and locked into one central idea, and the euphoria just gives me a heightened perspective ( wasnt all word for word like that.. but that's pretty much what he said). He also commented that smoking is an occasional thing for the other guys in the band and it's not an all day thing. He just blazes up at the end of the day with Sergio mostly. However, he said when they're writing, they smoke allllottt lol! Another random thing, my friend Dan bummed a cig off of Stephen and he only had 2 left, and  he was cool enough to let him have one, Steph smokes, American Spirits. Fans asked him if he has golfed lately and he said no, and he said when he goes to Europe he's going to have absolutely no time do anything like that. We all then asked where's Sergio? Steph responds, "he's hiding out in the bus acting like a Diva" lol everyone started laughing.. I shook Steph's hand, got a pic, thanked him, and we left... Great fucking night that I had to share and figured some of you might be interested in some of that.  ;D

Amazing read. Maybe this is an odd thing to be taking away from this, but I'm particularly glad to know Kush is still on Steph's mind.

Inkblades

The Northeast is in for some nasty weather starting on Sunday, so don't be surprised if the Boston and NY shows get cancelled.

chise117

hopefully the Boston show goes on. ill be pissed if it doesn't. NY and NJ are supposed to get hit worse then Boston so hopefully ill b ok