Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

They soundchecked leathers last week at the palladium ballroom in dallas tx and abe was doing some drumming to what it sounded like what happened to you, but neither of those were played :/
Was it like it seemed?...

Vesanic

Yeah but it's been a week since KNY release... It has to happen at some point. I remember they used to play very little from SNW during its promotion (5 songs max, maybe?) but they seem to like KNY, unlike 2006's Deftones regarding SNW, I can't see it not happening at some point, it wouldn't make any sense.

Vesanic

2012-11-19 - House of Blues, San Diego, California, USA

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Swerve City
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Tempest
Fireal [First part only]
Engine No. 9
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger
Bloody Cape

Encore

Bored
Root*
7 Words

*Not played

Videos:

sooniletugo

The title of the first song of the encore is what the fans will be by that point :P

TheShade1989

Ah, Deftones, what are you doing? It's the KNY tour, your album has been released, and you're playing more songs frm your first album than your latest album. I know they dont play every song frm an album live, but more than four would be good. It's not even that I'd be bored of the setlist, it's just that there's a new album full of new things to play.

brian.

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
Ah, Deftones, what are you doing? It's the KNY tour, your album has been released, and you're playing more songs frm your first album than your latest album. I know they dont play every song frm an album live, but more than four would be good. It's not even that I'd be bored of the setlist, it's just that there's a new album full of new things to play.

I see where you're coming from, but they're a big band. They can only do their best with trying to divvy up songs off each album to play. They've released 7 albums. If they play 4 off of each, that's 28. That's too many. But they're giving us 4 off of KNY. It sucks, but they kind of have to play the hits because that's what a lot of people want to hear. It's really tough when you have such a big catalog of songs, even if they do have a new album that just came out. They do their best.

normsteez

I have totally lost interest in following thier setlists. I cannot believe they are still playing the same songs over and over and over again.

They dont even play ATF anymore. Close with Head-up instead of seven words.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

sooniletugo

@brian, Engine #9 and Fireal are hardly hits. I love Fireal to death but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it kinda sucks they're only playing the first part. The second half is what completes the song and makes it the masterpiece it is. Glad to see Bored again though, I think that's a cool way to open the encore. And I'll be real happy if Riviere is still in the set come February.

Vesanic

Quote from: brian. on Nov 20, 2012, 07:01 PM

I see where you're coming from, but they're a big band. They can only do their best with trying to divvy up songs off each album to play. They've released 7 albums. If they play 4 off of each, that's 28. That's too many. But they're giving us 4 off of KNY. It sucks, but they kind of have to play the hits because that's what a lot of people want to hear. It's really tough when you have such a big catalog of songs, even if they do have a new album that just came out. They do their best.

Sorry man, but no. They used to play 8 songs off Diamond Eyes during its promotion tour.

Dath

I wonder how it would go if you just put that same pic up every show and just changed the heading. Doesn't really bother me though, it's not like I'm going to all their gigs.

Slacker

im cool for them to be playing 4 new songs.

poltergeist and rosemary should be keepers as they seem to be the most popular amongst fans too...

then is tempest...im cool with it. but it is just a crazy option for a first single. im not shure it will go away soon...

then is swerve city and leathers...obviously swerve city is a best fit, easier one to pull. leathers is just imposible.

in any case i would be looking forward for the adition of new songs, as they seem to be very plausible to pull out live.

brian.

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
Quote from: brian. on Nov 20, 2012, 07:01 PM

Sorry man, but no. They used to play 8 songs off Diamond Eyes during its promotion tour.

They had one less album then, too. That's my point. I'd love to hear every single album front to back, but it's not possible. They usually play like 20-22 songs. That's a lot of songs. Some bands play like 15. It would be nice for them to change it up, but if they're playing 2-3 songs from their SEVEN albums, that's fine by me. Even though they are on the KNY tour, those other songs still exist and people still want to hear those songs. That's all I'm saying. Also, it's a matter of what the band wants to do. They probably choose the songs that they most enjoy playing live. A lot of factors go into a band making a setlist, especially a band with as big a catalog as they have.

Vesanic

Yeah but one of these albums is fresh and I think playing more songs off a new album is the best way to promote it, and it has to be promoted, I guess. Oh well, I don't really care since I don't like KNY but that's just my take. They do what they want. I'm really glad they're playing Fireal and Rivière.

brian.

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 21, 2012, 12:51 AM
Yeah but one of these albums is fresh and I think playing more songs off a new album is the best way to promote it, and it has to be promoted, I guess. Oh well, I don't really care since I don't like KNY but that's just my take. They do what they want. I'm really glad they're playing Fireal and Rivière.

Yeah for sure man, Fireal and Riviere are cool to see. When I saw them in 2007 they played every song I wanted to hear, they did Rats!Rats!Rats! and Bloody Cape and that was a real treat for me to see, as well as Passenger. It's just a game of pick and choose when they have so many songs.

mytonesaredef

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 19, 2012, 12:25 AM
2012-11-17 - The Marquee, Tempe, Arizona, USA

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen The Butcher
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Swerve City
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Tempest
Fireal [First part only]
Engine No. 9
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger
Knife Party
Bloody Cape

Encore

Bored
Root
7 Words

Yeah, they didn't play You've Seen the Butcher. Rivière was dedicated to Chi. Passenger played before Bloody Cape/after Knive Prty.

jaypayton

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2004/the-grand-ballroom-at-the-regency-center-san-francisco-ca-73dfeacd.htm

the days of setlists like these are gone forever

l.Hexagram
2. Feiticeira
3. Nosebleed
4. Engine No. 9
5. Birthmark
6. Minerva
7. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
8. Around the Fur
9. Change (In the House of Flies)
10. Lifter
11. 7 Words
12. Can't Even Breathe
13. Lotion
14. Digital Bath
15. Moana
16. Bloody Cape
17. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
18. My Own Summer (Shove It)

DeftonesNZ

yeah sadly they probably are they have 3 more albums now

Vesanic

Quote from: mytonesaredef on Nov 21, 2012, 01:55 AM

Yeah, they didn't play You've Seen the Butcher. Rivière was dedicated to Chi. Passenger played before Bloody Cape/after Knive Prty.

Forgot to correct that, thank you.

TheShade1989

Shame, really. I mean, think about if they continue with this setlist; only five songs frm KNY will ever have been played live. That's really weird, I wonder why they've gone about it this way. Perhaps wen it's time for the Europe tour they'll switch up the setlist slightly. I dont know...I love the four songs they already play, just that two of those songs have been played since before we knew anything about the album, and Tempest has been played for quite some time, so I dont see any harm in them putting some new songs onto there.