Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Aw, don't remember Rosemary so early. One of my favourites of the set though. It sounds beautiful live, and really powerful/heavy. The clapping at the start of that video was annoying lol. I seem to remember Chino played a bit of the Rosemary outro between songs a little later on. And yeah, CMND/CTRL was a total mess on Chino's part. I think it's a slick live song when done well. I'd probably have to say they were better in 2010, but I enjoyed last night a lot too. Although I was right at the front for both shows, there was less space between the stage and the crowd at this venue so it felt more intimate. The vibe was pretty different, was cool, though there seemed to be a lot more younger kids in the crowd than last time and some right assholes. Sergio fell off the stage at one point when he was wobbling on the edge during Passenger and finished the song on the crowd barrier.

Vesanic

Maybe the guy uploaded the songs in a random order then, I just don't know haha.

Romantic Dreams live premiere

Deftones Romantic Dreams (Never before played live) - Live At The Barrowlands, Glasgow 15/02/13 [HD]

sooniletugo

I think it might be correct actually. And RD was my favourite song of the night by a mile. It sounds real, real good live. Sergio's headbanging at the "Why wait to discover your dream" part says it all haha.

Vesanic

Almost the whole second chorus of Passenger was screamed. I like it better than hearing Chino's struggling to hit Maynard's notes, honestly. A bit rawer.

DJR

Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 16, 2013, 05:44 PM
there seemed to be a lot more younger kids in the crowd than last time and some right assholes.

I hate Kids :'(

sooniletugo

Was cool to hear Entombed live for the first time but as I said before, vocals were a bit weak on the chorus which dampened it overall. Was hoping to hear Goon Squad or Gauze, I reckon those will sound nice live if they can pull it off.

DJR

Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
Was cool to hear Entombed live for the first time but as I said before, vocals were a bit weak on the chorus which dampened it overall. Was hoping to hear Goon Squad or Gauze, I reckon those will sound nice live if they can pull it off.

I want Goon Squad and Combat on Monday and ill be a happy chap

sky

I like the passenger performance. It's good to see Chino loose himself like the old days and its my first time to see him kneel again while singing. I haven't seen him do that since like the WP era?

dawg

damn Stef tapping live for the first time ever!!! Awesome!!!  ;D

Vesanic

Quote from: sky on Feb 16, 2013, 07:30 PM
I like the passenger performance. It's good to see Chino loose himself like the old days and its my first time to see him kneel again while singing. I haven't seen him do that since like the WP era?

Nah, that still happens sometimes. Way less regularly than during the oldschool days, yes.

sooniletugo

Just after the 9 minute mark in that Feiticeira/Passenger video you can see Sergio losing his balance and falling off the stage. Luckily he just about made the jump onto the barricade.

Vesanic

Hahahahaha, such a messy show, isn't it?

sooniletugo

Yeah haha, was crazy. Chino asked one of the security guards if he liked One Direction, to which he replied yes, the guy then sang along to Change and 7 Words perhaps in a bid to protect his manhood.

Inkblades

Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 16, 2013, 03:49 AM
Chino actually reminded me of his S/T self when he came on stage, bit heavier than last time I saw him, dark clothing and hair down over his face.

YES!!!!!1 HOPEFULLY THIS MEAN CHOGO IS BACK ON DRUGS! WE CAN HAZ DARK, MOODY DEFTONES?!

DJR

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 16, 2013, 07:46 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Feb 16, 2013, 03:49 AM
Chino actually reminded me of his S/T self when he came on stage, bit heavier than last time I saw him, dark clothing and hair down over his face.

YES!!!!!1 HOPEFULLY THIS MEAN CHOGO IS BACK ON DRUGS! WE CAN HAZ DARK, MOODY DEFTONES?!

lmao

sky

Is it just me or that nosebleed performance by Chino seems like he's got that ATF vibe?
I mean, check out his headbang at the start. And damn Sergio seems to headbang a lot too lol.

sooniletugo

Forgot to mention the support acts, the first one Three Trapped Tigers were really good, instrumental synth rock. Letlive was a typical modern post-hardcore band, they had a lot of energy but I found them pretty boring and arrogant, they only seemed to have a few fans in the building but at one point the singer tried to sprint through the middle of the crowd and ended up being shoved back by a guy which was funny.
Also, early on in the Deftones set, these two big shirtless meatheads were fighting in the pit, one of them had a bloody face, they had to be pulled apart and security were screaming at them. In the same song a crowdsurfer tried to grab Chino's mic off him as well but the security pulled him off, at first I didn't see the fan and thought they were trying to get Chino to stop the show. Messy show indeed.

Vesanic

Nosebleed did look a bit more in the face than usual to me.

DJR

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 16, 2013, 08:01 PM
Nosebleed did look a bit more in the face than usual to me.

Ive just seen its you at 2:16 on the Combat Video ;)

Yo Famous mannn yooo famousssss