Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

ANattyRat

Dope??? THAT'S MY FAVOURITE SONG. Oh my god, they're playing my favourites and I'm not there. Anyone found a video of it?

ANattyRat

Here's 0.5 seconds of it. It's 2016, people always complain that everyone has their phones out, where are the videos??? https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYQIFIgJSP/?tagged=deftones

On the plus side, they've now played eight Gore songs live, so you can't say they haven't stepped up this time around. I'm just terribly jealous that they didn't do this when they were in the UK.

N0S3BLEED976

What's up with Chino not playing guitar on almost all the new songs?

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 22, 2016, 03:11 PM

I remember in an interview, Chino was saying he's great just singing or just playing guitar for the new songs, but doing both needs more rehearsing. And in another interview, Stef said they don't play many of the new songs because they don't have a lot of time to rehearse. So I'm guessing they listened to the fans begging them to play more Gore songs and figured out which songs they can leave out the guitar on so it's easier for Chino, which means they can all feel confident enough playing the new songs to add them to the setlist. Personally, I'd rather see these new Gore songs played than the same two over and over again with Chino playing guitar. Everyone always whines about how he should stop playing guitar so much anyway. They're playing a lot of Gore songs, they switched up the setlist, and I'm happy.

pelican fly

Yea, I'm glad with how they are going about it. Can't believe they played GH. I thought they would never play it. Can't wait to see/hear a good recording .

snw9

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 22, 2016, 03:11 PM

Yeah noticed that too, since he claimed to play it on almost every song on the new album. Maybe he be dancing on the stage like he always does
Code: [Select]

sharinglungs

Now if he would take the hint and not play guitar at all on the next album that would be awesome.

B_S_79

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 21, 2016, 11:26 PM
Dope??? THAT'S MY FAVOURITE SONG. Oh my god, they're playing my favourites and I'm not there. Anyone found a video of it?

I can't believe this. This is my favorite Gore song. I'm happy they played it, but I am incredibly jealous it wasn't played in Philly.

Anyone find a video yet?

sooniletugo

If they never play it again and we never get a video I'll be pissed.

How can so many people be recording at any show nowadays and still there's not a single video of GH? Besides that 5 sec clip.

B_S_79

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 21, 2016, 11:36 PM
Here's 0.5 seconds of it. It's 2016, people always complain that everyone has their phones out, where are the videos??? https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYQIFIgJSP/?tagged=deftones

On the plus side, they've now played eight Gore songs live, so you can't say they haven't stepped up this time around. I'm just terribly jealous that they didn't do this when they were in the UK.

Color me shocked. That tour a few months ago had me concerned. So all that's left for a live debut from Gore is PI, Xenon and Phantom Bride?

If they throw in Graphic Nature or Gauze in any of these sets, I'll die happy.

E-Money

Guys go on Facebook and go to Deftones Revolucion page ... Spelled like that... A gal named Samantha posted a video of GH and it's pretty much the whole song.. I'm not sure how to post it here otherwise I would.. Good luck!

Vesanic

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 23, 2016, 10:23 PM
Guys go on Facebook and go to Deftones Revolucion page ... Spelled like that... A gal named Samantha posted a video of GH and it's pretty much the whole song.. I'm not sure how to post it here otherwise I would.. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DeftonesRevolucion/permalink/1209346602442699/

mono

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 23, 2016, 10:23 PM

https://www.facebook.com/deftoneslatino/videos/10154297841425056/

shine down unshy

Hard to tell from the quality of the video but that sounded really good.  Can't wait to hear it after they've played it a few more times and have it down all perfect-like.

Jerry_Curls

I like the way he performed this track. He's been hopping and smiling and doing that shoulder-groove thing too much as of late. This time he seemed a little more into the emotion of the track.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ANattyRat

Bad quality but sounds great. Wasn't sure how it'd play live, but digging it. Hopefully they'll play it a few more times. Wonder if they'll end up playing the others at some point, they did say/imply they wanted to perform Phantom Bride.

Setlist from last night's show: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJfyDeQB9rP/?tagged=deftones

Penicks

"monanightmare@winstonwolfe52 well I stood there for fucking 4 hours!! I was going to be in the front goddamnit!!! I told myself.. I was going to get a setlist and fuck chino Moreno with my hands and let him shower me with disgusting sweat. . . #makingthingsHappen"

jesus fucking christ who wants to go to a concert when there's complete goofs like that. she sounds exactly like that one attention whore who occasionally posts here

B_S_79

The noises coming from Frank in GH. Goddamn. I knew this song would be killer live. I hope it sticks around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk