Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkomilicic

So here's a little snippet of purple rain before Bored last night!!

https://instagram.com/p/BJhdZO3jQJV/

B_S_79

They played GH in Los Angeles - there's gotta be a good quality video floating around somewhere. Way to come up small, Utah. :-)

pinata89

Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 25, 2016, 07:43 PM
They played GH in Los Angeles - there's gotta be a good quality video floating around somewhere. Way to come up small, Utah. :-)

There is a short snippet of them rehearsing GH on Aaron Harris's Instagram feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelican fly

" to the muthafuckin' wordsSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

ANattyRat

Geometric Headdress is killer live. It's my favourite Gore song along with (L)MIRL, but wasn't sure how it'd sound live, especially vocally, because it transitions from heavy to soft quite quickly, but it's awesome. Shame he seems to mess up the lyrics quite a bit, but still awesome. Hope they keep these Gore songs on rotation for their setlists, because when they come back to the UK, I'd love to hear these songs.

Inkblades

Saw them in L.A. Chino totally nailed the high notes on Kimdracula and Knife Prty. Definitely want to see them give Hearts/Wires and Rubicon a couple more shots on the setlist.

defmarco

The chorus of GH is such a cracker, especially the rhythm change of Abe's drum play!
2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock

BallZDeeP

sooniletugo

GH live is awesome. Glad he dropped the guitar for these songs live. Come on though, learn those lyrics!

Hidalgo

Quote from: sooniletugo on Aug 28, 2016, 02:09 PM
GH live is awesome. Glad he dropped the guitar for these songs live. Come on though, learn those lyrics!
it is weird how he forgets his own lyrics. like maybe, i dunno, read them every day on tour or something

and Stephen, we all know he will absolutely never play the phantom bride solo. he even got all freaked out after he played his own solo at the begining of hearts/wires one time, and never played it again. weird stuff

ANattyRat

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 28, 2016, 04:03 PM
it is weird how he forgets his own lyrics. like maybe, i dunno, read them every day on tour or something

and Stephen, we all know he will absolutely never play the phantom bride solo. he even got all freaked out after he played his own solo at the begining of hearts/wires one time, and never played it again. weird stuff

When did he freak out?

I don't know, Chino's got a hell of a lot of lyrics to remember, and he's getting on in years. My friend is 25 years old and hasn't even put out his first full-length album yet but he recently forgot an entire section of his own song. Happens. Plus a lot of those song lyrics repeat, especially in Geometric Headdress, so that's probably a factor.

I think they might play Phantom Bride, but not until their next tour after a break so they have more time to rehearse. They were talking about being excited to play it live and finding a way to make it work, so I believe them. Hell, why not? They've played eight songs from Gore now, why not another?

Hidalgo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 28, 2016, 04:09 PM

When did he freak out?

I don't know, Chino's got a hell of a lot of lyrics to remember, and he's getting on in years. My friend is 25 years old and hasn't even put out his first full-length album yet but he recently forgot an entire section of his own song. Happens. Plus a lot of those song lyrics repeat, especially in Geometric Headdress, so that's probably a factor.

I think they might play Phantom Bride, but not until their next tour after a break so they have more time to rehearse. They were talking about being excited to play it live and finding a way to make it work, so I believe them. Hell, why not? They've played eight songs from Gore now, why not another?
do you have a source for them talking bout wanting to play phantom bride? cause i remember Stephen saying it won't get played live, because nobody's doing the solo. i'd bet a few grand that he'll never play that solo(if it's ever played, some cowboy from another band will whipe their ass for them and play it. man up Stef}

oh and i didn't mean he actually freaked out, just meant that in his mind he probably spazed after he played it realising it's a small, but actual solo(hearts'wires intro). for whatever reason it seems to be his biggest fear music wise. so playing a solo like phantom bride's is something he will absolutley never do under any circumstance

jt

Caught the Eugene, OR show last night—my eleventh since 2003 and also the one that tied them with Converge and Dillinger Escape Plan for bands seen in the most US states1—and the band was in both good form and spirits. Interesting venue, as well.

Even though I love Acid Hologram2, I went there hoping for Geometric Headdress and Prince and was lucky enough to hear both. They also switched out (L)MIRL with Minerva—back to only two Gore tracks—but so it goes3.

1 Five states is my current high.
2 Bummer it's been an either/or situation with Geo and Acid on this tour.
3 The dude next to be kept screaming for Teething while the dude behind me kept screaming for Back to School; couldn't have summed up "you can't please everyone" any better.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 28, 2016, 04:33 PM

When did he freak out?

do you have a source for them talking bout wanting to play phantom bride? cause i remember Stephen saying it won't get played live, because nobody's doing the solo. i'd bet a few grand that he'll never play that solo(if it's ever played, some cowboy from another band will whipe their ass for them and play it. man up Stef}

http://www.theaquarian.com/2016/08/03/an-interview-with-deftones-always-reacting-2/

QuoteAny track in particular that you are looking forward to playing?

I am interested in seeing how "Phantom Bride" translates. That is the next radio single and it is the one where Jerry Cantrell plays a solo on. We will have to tweak it for the live show and I'm sure we will figure something out to where it sounds close to the album version but we're also doing something different and not trying to mimic it. Stuff like that is challenging, but it is also a lot of fun.

Hidalgo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 29, 2016, 05:13 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 28, 2016, 04:33 PM

When did he freak out?

http://www.theaquarian.com/2016/08/03/an-interview-with-deftones-always-reacting-2/

QuoteAny track in particular that you are looking forward to playing?

I am interested in seeing how "Phantom Bride" translates. That is the next radio single and it is the one where Jerry Cantrell plays a solo on. We will have to tweak it for the live show and I'm sure we will figure something out to where it sounds close to the album version but we're also doing something different and not trying to mimic it. Stuff like that is challenging, but it is also a lot of fun.
i hope they do, but i don't think they will. really, if Stephen would just learn to main solo, then the end he could do his big riff, & Chino could bend a few chords(to somewhat mimic Jerry's end part) and it'd sound great. still,  i say not a chance.  i think the only way it happens is if some  random guy from another band plays the solo for them. which doesn't count imo

Jerry_Curls

Berkeley show was insanely fun. We wanted to see how NorCal fans were and they did not disappoint. The vibes from the fans in the pit and the band giving it back were awesome. The last 2 songs had the pits getting even more insane. The bangover was worth it \m/

http://www.pictaram.com/media/1326271014900227113_38134672
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Hinojos

I put this in the BS thread but I guess It kinda fits in here too.

https://youtu.be/iG1oH-ikHAA?t=31m2s

Check out the event staffer at 31:02, jesus christ lmao. Then Chino's "wtf" reaction afterwards is priceless.

ANattyRat

Setlist from tonight's show, they played H/W again apparently, which is cool: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJuPnAQD9op/?tagged=deftones