Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnosticality

Vesanic

Vesanic

Something's weird, people keep commenting on YouTube about a second guitarist they're hearing?

The Prodigy

Quote from: Vesanic on May 07, 2017, 01:35 AM
Quote from: The Prodigy on May 07, 2017, 12:24 AM
I don't think his vocals have improved so much.

How about this

Compare 30:47 - 33:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UixbcEpc6EY

To this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9K68stRNg

Still with the same opinion! Really and the broken foot, jones! Yeah Chino you on your last leg.

LG95

YEAH I AGREE WITH THE PRODIGY ON CHINO (OR RATHER CHI-NOOOOOOOOOO LOoooooooooooooooooooL)

GORE SUX TOOOO LOOOL GORE SUCKY SUCK SUXXXXXXXX
I could float here forever

sooniletugo

Is Chino playing the solo on Phantom Bride?

The Prodigy

Quote from: LG95 on May 07, 2017, 01:45 AM
YEAH I AGREE WITH THE PRODIGY ON CHINO (OR RATHER CHI-NOOOOOOOOOO LOoooooooooooooooooooL)

GORE SUX TOOOO LOOOL GORE SUCKY SUCK SUXXXXXXXX

Yeah, Gore = catshit... Gore sucks ass!

ANattyRat

Just come home. OK, so I loved the show, loved the atmosphere, Chino sounded brilliant (they all did of course), and I headbanged my way into a concussion, so I had a magnificent time.

But the setlist sucked. Phantom Bride (which sounded incredible) was the only Gore song they played, they didn't play Teething, Minus Blindfold, Back to School, Elite, Hexagram, etc. They didn't even play Passenger. Hell, they didn't even play DIGITAL BATH, which has been played at probably every single show since forever. So I don't know what happened, but setlist-wise I'm incredibly sad that I didn't hear any rare songs or new songs except one. I was expecting at least (L)MIRL, Geometric Headdress, Gore or Acid Hologram along with Phantom Bride. I don't know, maybe Manchester isn't special enough for rare songs, but I was really looking forward to hearing some new/rare stuff.

I know all of the above makes me sound like I'm unhappy or whining, but I'm not really. Like I said, I had a really fun time. I just feel let down after basically every single show except this one having rare songs and multiple Gore songs.

Uploading videos in a bit.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on May 07, 2017, 01:37 AM
Something's weird, people keep commenting on YouTube about a second guitarist they're hearing?

There are two guitarists in the band. What do they mean? Do you have a link to the comments?

sooniletugo

That sucks man. Def the worst setlist of the tour... guess they just wanted to switch it up, but sucks for all the fans who had got their hopes up then missed out on all these rarities. :( I might well be in the same boat as you tomorrow night. I had a bad feeling this would happen to us.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 07, 2017, 02:22 AM
That sucks man. Def the worst setlist of the tour... guess they just wanted to switch it up, but sucks for all the fans who had got their hopes up then missed out on all these rarities. :( I might well be in the same boat as you tomorrow night. I had a bad feeling this would happen to us.

Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, they played many songs I love. And it's not really their fault that I've seen them five times; of course there will be songs I've heard before. It's just that the other setlists would've had more songs I'd never heard before, making it even more unique of an experience, you know?

Nah, I bet tomorrow they'll be right back to the unique stuff, haha, probably just my bad luck that the one time I see 'em they ditch the rare songs. I've decided next time they're in the UK I'll do what some folks here do and get tickets to multiple shows, I reckon that'd be an awesome experience.

Despite my setlist disappointments, it is honestly the most fun Deftones show I've been to. See, I went with my friend who's also a massive Deftones fan but who hasn't seen them for six years, so it's the first time in six years we've been at a Deftones show together, so it was a lot of fun :)

Also, I know this is going to make me sound like a twit, but I'd never really bothered listening to Headup until last night in preparation for the show because I was expecting it to be played. And I've fallen in love with it, I had it on repeat until 2am. I've heard them play Headup before, but this was my first time hearing it and knowing the words, etc. Definitely the coolest moment besides hearing Phantom Bride.

ANattyRat

Riviere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9FumbyivI

Bored:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8u12SDAtyk

Diamond Eyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHMBpKH6m4

Phantom Bride:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMbN-ibv2I

Funny thing, only reason I recorded Diamond Eyes is because they played it right after Phantom Bride. So I was 99% the next song was going to be Geometric Headdress, and then bam, it's Diamond Eyes, a song they've played 5000 times before, haha. But it's one of my mum's favourite songs, so I recorded it for her.

N0S3BLEED976

Thank you so much for recording Rivière! Glad you had fun, despite the lacking setlist.

Edit: Damn, they didn't play the entire song?

B_S_79

Quote from: Vesanic on May 06, 2017, 09:52 PM
My London vids:

Geo https://youtu.be/RRPCJb9PDSI
Teething https://youtu.be/kz4C1_PnjyE
Passenger https://youtu.be/JRhjuhySYqU
Sextape https://youtu.be/6XvNlg-ZD8s

Frank really standing out in GH.

Really hope I get to hear this next month. My fave track on Gore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

defsteve

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 07, 2017, 03:20 AMI've decided next time they're in the UK I'll do what some folks here do and get tickets to multiple shows, I reckon that'd be an awesome experience.

We have done/are doing Hamburg, Manchester and both Dublin shows.

Hamburg
Korea
Elite
Diamond Eyes
Kimdracula
Tempest
Swerve City
Gore
(L)MIRL
Geometric Headdress
Cherry Waves
Minus Blindfold
Teething
Digital Bath
Change (In the House of Flies)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Headup
Encore:
Rosemary
Back to School (Mini Maggit)
Rocket Skates

Manchester
Feiticeira
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Around the Fur
Rosemary
Swerve City
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Prince
Phantom Bride
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Entombed
Knife Prty
Rivière
Headup
Encore:
Minerva
Bored
Engine No. 9

Pleased with what we have got so far over those 2 shows and great that they are mixing it up. Thought they were fantastic last night in Manchester. Looking forward to Dublin shows!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

The Prodigy

Quote from: defsteve on May 07, 2017, 10:47 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 07, 2017, 03:20 AMI've decided next time they're in the UK I'll do what some folks here do and get tickets to multiple shows, I reckon that'd be an awesome experience.

Hamburg
Korea
Elite
Diamond Eyes
Kimdracula
Tempest
Swerve City
Gore
(L)MIRL
Geometric Headdress
Cherry Waves
Minus Blindfold
Teething
Digital Bath
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Headup
Encore:
Rosemary
Back to School (Mini Maggit)
Rocket Skates

Manchester
Feiticeira
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Around the Fur
Rosemary
Swerve City
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Prince
Phantom Bride
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Entombed
Knife Prty
Rivière
Headup
Encore:
Minerva
Bored
Engine No. 9

Pleased with what we have got so far over those 2 shows and great that they are mixing it up. Thought they were fantastic last night in Manchester. Looking forward to Dublin shows!
Manchester, weak setlist, but less Gore songs is positive!

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 07, 2017, 01:50 PM
Thank you so much for recording Rivière! Glad you had fun, despite the lacking setlist.

No worries :) nah they just played that intro into Change. I think they played more last time I saw them play it (2013 I think).

Quote from: defsteve on May 07, 2017, 10:47 PM

Nice, dude! I don't have the money/means to travel that far, but if they were doing a more extensive UK tour they probably would've had Birmingham and a few other nearby places I could've gone to. Fingers crossed for next time! They did sound incredible in Manchester, hearing Phantom Bride and Headup were standout favourites for me :) just wish there were more new songs I experienced. Jealous you heard Geometric Headdress and (L)MIRL though, they are my favourite Gore songs! Haha.

ANattyRat

Setlist for Glasgow: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTzvknOAyxW/

Feiticeira
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Around the Fur
Rosemary
Swerve City
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Prince
Phantom Bride
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Entombed
Knife Prty
Riviere
Digital Bath
Change
Be Quiet and Drive
Headup
Back to School
Minerva
Engin No 9

Almost the same as Manchester except they played Digital Bath, dropped Bored and played Back to School. Eh, I'm OK with that, I feel less jealous knowing they didn't skip Geometric Headdress just for when I saw them or something, haha. Hearing Back to School would've been cool but I prefer Bored, and that was my first time hearing it, so that was great :)

Not sure why they skipped Digital Bath in Manchester though, I feel like they've played it at every single show since it came out, so that's quite a rare thing to do.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 08, 2017, 01:59 AM

No worries :) nah they just played that intro into Change. I think they played more last time I saw them play it (2013 I think).

Yup, saw them playing it in its entirety in Hamburg 2013. I think I might have shed a tear or two. Also got to meet Stef in front of the venue. Good times...

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 08, 2017, 02:23 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 08, 2017, 01:59 AM

Yup, saw them playing it in its entirety in Hamburg 2013. I think I might have shed a tear or two. Also got to meet Stef in front of the venue. Good times...

Same here. I knew they were playing it on that tour, but actually hearing it live for the first time was an incredible experience for sure.