Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 02, 2018, 03:58 PM
It's a festival but not your typical one. It's a headline set per day, so there you go. It'll be in a kind of theater, seated and shit. 
I know, which is why it's going to be interesting to see.

It'd be kind of funny in that setting if they just played all the savage material.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Quote from: Longstem on Jun 02, 2018, 02:24 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Jun 02, 2018, 02:09 PM
Hoping they'll add a couple of Gore songs for London so it'll be something new for me, but it'll be an awesome show nonetheless.

I'm honestly very curious to see what the setlist will be in years. I don't have a clue...
I just can't imagine a hardcore metal Deftones while we are seated. I would prefer a chill setlist, let Frank step his game :)

Think this will be one their best performances ever or just the most shitty one.

It's technically seated, but not really. There are seats but it says on the site that they recommend everyone to stand (presumably because they know people will be standing regardless). Not quite the same as having a mosh pit and stuff, but still...try and stop the hardcore metal fans from moshing, I'm sure seats won't stop them, haha.

I've only ever seen Deftones from seats. I have health problems so I'm not really able to do the whole moshing thing, and I'm tiny so I'd probably get knocked around easily. I didn't have a problem with it until I saw another band, a post-hardcore one, from right in front of the stage, and it was the best musical experience of my life. So next time they play at a venue with a standing area, I'm definitely trying it.

To be honest, I can't imagine them playing a typical festival setlist where they play their most popular/routine songs. At festivals it's about getting new fans I guess (at least part of it), but with this festival you pay for the acts you want to see, so I assume everyone going to see Deftones is already a fan, so a festival setlist isn't needed.

Vesanic

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1608421825873005&id=594163383965526

"(...)Definitely a different type of venue for us. (...) Maybe something more ethereal set wise."

Mmmh...

ANattyRat

Well I won't be upset if they switched things up, but it's not like they don't play a lot of ethereal songs anyway.

Vesanic

On another note, it'll be Chino's birthday and 18 years since White Pony was released.

Gaz

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 05, 2018, 03:22 AM
On another note, it'll be Chino's birthday and 18 years since White Pony was released.

White Pony in full would be a treat. Shame I can't go to it

Vesanic

I've been hoping for that ever since I got obsessed with them : a live performance of Pink Maggit. It's the one reason I did all I did regarding this band. It's still my favorite piece of music.

WP front to back, I've hoped for it for so long, so many times that I feel stupid still hoping for it again. But let's be honest here, if there was ever a time where they could do it... Meltdown is the one. The venue, the date, all the ingredients are there.

It ain't happening though.  ;D

LG95

mono

LG95

mono

stu_101

Battle axe was MASSIVE!!! It really was the incredible.

stu_101

Smiths The cure cover was ace too.

mono

Quote from: stu_101 on Jun 21, 2018, 12:55 AM
Smiths cover was ace too.

the show ended, right? do you have a setlist?
thx!

stu_101

Opened with feitceria into d.bath. Then BQAD, MOS. Gets a bit hazy after that. Closed with Birthmark.

mono

Quote from: stu_101 on Jun 21, 2018, 01:07 AM
Opened with feitceria into d.bath. Then BQAD, MOS. Gets a bit hazy after that. Closed with Birthmark.

this?

ANattyRat

Of course they played Battle-Axe, the song I've been most wanting to hear, on the day I had to leave going last-minute. Just my luck :(

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 21, 2018, 12:32 AM
Battle. Fucking. Axe.

OMFG does anyone have some footage of it??? !!!!!

LG95

Quote from: stu_101 on Jun 21, 2018, 12:55 AM
Smiths cover was ace too.
Lol it was The Cure dude.

But yes it was great.

Whole show was fucking wonderful.

ANattyRat

Battle Axe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbA1wMDGvHA

God it sounds so good, why the hell did I miss out on this??? One of my favourite songs ever.