Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Radiohead Album?

Started by x Rx King x, Aug 01, 2012, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 01, 2012, 03:12 AM
Amnesiac. For now. It fluctuates every few months.

Same for me. For right now I'm actually digging King of Limbs.. although it is not their best, it's grown on me.
But my favorite is Amnesiac or In Rainbows.. just depends on my mood. I love all of their music.

Good to hear I'm not the only one that likes TKOL. I personally love Amnesiac.

DAFTPUNK87

Yeah, I dig KOL. I mean, it shouldn't take an album THAT long to grow on me lol but I've given it several listens from time to time - and I think it's a good solid album. Not a great album to put out after In Rainbows, geez In Rainbows is beautiful. But even for a band like Radiohead, it would be hard to top In Rainbows IMO

Not to say that they couldn't top In Rainbows, but KOL just sounds like less Radiohead and more Thom Yorke.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I dig KOL. I mean, it shouldn't take an album THAT long to grow on me lol but I've given it several listens from time to time - and I think it's a good solid album. Not a great album to put out after In Rainbows, geez In Rainbows is beautiful. But even for a band like Radiohead, it would be hard to top In Rainbows IMO

Not to say that they couldn't top In Rainbows, but KOL just sounds like less Radiohead and more Thom Yorke.

In Rainbows is one of their masterpieces. You're absolutely right. But tracks like Bloom, Mr. Magpie, and GGTG.... That gives me hope that we might hear somethig close to In Rainbow's glory. Have you ever listened to the second disc?

ominousnimbus

Close between In Rainbows and Kid A. Then a fair dropoff to the next batch (Bends/OKC).

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 01, 2012, 04:14 PM
In Rainbows is one of their masterpieces. You're absolutely right. But tracks like Bloom, Mr. Magpie, and GGTG.... That gives me hope that we might hear somethig close to In Rainbow's glory. Have you ever listened to the second disc?
[/quote]

The second disc to In Rainbows? Yes indeed. It's wonderful. I remember when I found out there was a second disc - I was stoked. At first when I got the album I only had the first disc, finding out there was a second was like striking gold.

x Rx King x

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:31 PM

The second disc to In Rainbows? Yes indeed. It's wonderful. I remember when I found out there was a second disc - I was stoked. At first when I got the album I only had the first disc, finding out there was a second was like striking gold.
[/quote]

Exactly. Last Flowers, Bangers & Mash... Good Lord  ;D

only pieces remain

ok computer is one of the greatest albums of all time. in rainbows is severely underrated and fucking magnificent.

DJR

I pretty much like The bends all the way through, then selected tracks from ok computer and Kid A...the rest i dont care much for :(

SquealLikeaPig

I gotta go with In Rainbows.  That album is just amazing but Radiohead has so many great albums you can't go wrong with any of them.  I love Weird Fishes.  If you haven't seen In Rainbows Live From the Basement, go watch it on youtube.  It's badass.

[DVD] Radiohead - From The Basement 2008 [Full Show]

deftones47

Have you ever listened to the second disc?

In Rainbows has a 2nd disc? How was I not aware of this?

Where does one obtain this '2nd disc' you speak of?

x Rx King x

Quote from: deftones47 on Nov 02, 2012, 03:13 AM
Have you ever listened to the second disc?

In Rainbows has a 2nd disc? How was I not aware of this?

Where does one obtain this '2nd disc' you speak of?

http://www.4shared.com/rar/whNYS5gA/Radiohead_-_In_Rainbow_-_Disc_.html

xToxin

One listen to OK Computer can change anyone's ranking.

DAFTPUNK87

I just read this and thought it was pretty random for Thom Yorke lol
I know he's been DJ'n a lot but at a Maroon5 Halloween party???

http://pitchfork.com/news/48450-did-thom-yorke-dj-maroon-5s-halloween-party-dressed-as-daft-punk/

xToxin

That'd be cool if he did it undercover. I can't see him liking Maroon 5 though.

The guy looks pretty old recently. . . damn

DAFTPUNK87

Yeah, I think he did it undercover. and damn Thom, lookin rough!

Inkblades

Thom "Hollywood" Yorke strikes again.

Inkblades

And for me its a never-ending three way battle between The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A. I love all of their albums, though.

xToxin

Funnily enough I don't really listen to Kid A all that much but it has influenced me in my own music. I don't get it, it's just one of those things. I don't even like the album, just gotta respect all that went into it. I choose OK Computer though

The Tourist was my favorite song for like forever. . .

thenoiboi

this changes often, like, very often, but at the moment, i'd rank em thusly:

hail to the thief
amnesiac/kid a
in rainbows/ok computer
the king of limbs
the bends
pablo honey

side note: "sail to the moon" takes me to a place of nervous calm unlike any other music. love it.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: bewareofrats on Aug 13, 2012, 09:22 PM
Best album?  None.  Worst album?  All.

Luls.

It's a tie between Kid A and OK Computer.

King of Limbs isn't that bad.