Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS

Started by theis, Dec 23, 2011, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cropduster

There are plot holes sure, but  it was visually gorgeous and had superb effects. The design of it was incredible.

Personally, I loved it. It was better than Aliens.

How many days did it take man to create God?

dictatesofreason

maybe alien 3 but not the original

Jacob

Quote from: Cropduster on Sep 24, 2012, 09:32 PM
There are plot holes sure, but  it was visually gorgeous and had superb effects. The design of it was incredible.

Personally, I loved it. It was better than Aliens.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely one of the best films in the "franchise" (I'm counting the AvP films here as well, seeing as how they're about as much spinoffs as this one).

glad to see someone else not hating on it, though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

JACOB, but in some sense it WAS better than 'Alien'.
Like, Alien in 2012 HD 3D.

I am planning to watch it again soon!

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 24, 2012, 10:56 PM
but in some sense it WAS better than 'Alien'.

I think Prometheus is great, but in NO POSSIBLE WAY is it better than Alien (or Aliens, for that matter).

Alien is THE greatest movie that combines sci-fi with horror.

black coffee

Watched Prometheus last night

Sure, for one there are plot holes, and its not a plus either that the characters are just "thrown away" in this film. I mean, besides those pseudo-meaningful "you can make the difference, we can save earth" dialogues all the time we don't really find out anything about them. But the visual effects and a great Michael Fassbender make up for it.

Penicks

sometimes, randomly during the day, i get fucking pissed off because i think of prometheus

NicholasHume

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
sometimes, randomly during the day, i get fucking pissed off because i think of prometheus

Samesies; did not enjoy this movie.

I liked how despite the racial diversity of the crew, they all had anglo names: Ford, Shaw, Holloway, Fifield etc. I guess the melting pot just gets that much bigger in the future (maybe a deleted scene?)

Inkblades

Most disappointing film of the year. I can even look past all the plotholes. My biggest problem was this film just wasn't scary. At all. The trailer promised something that was going to be horrifying, and it just wasn't.

A guy in an Alien costume will ALWAYS be scarier than a CG alien.

Penicks

from_musings

guy getting scared of skeleton/not of living alien snake, scientist all depressed after 6 hours are very entertaining reflections. that said, i really hope there will be a sequel to this movie, enjoyed it quite a bit

samson simpson

Mustang

Very disappointing movie. The trailer hyped it to be more than it actually was. Wasn't scary or compelling. Plus it was riddled with plot holes and some pretty cheesy/shitty writing. I did like the visuals and Fassbender was excellent, but that's about it.