Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

somebody have the english subtitle? :P

Gaz

I really enjoyed it, it's a great insight into what life was like for the band back then, and it had some personal touches that I doubt we would have seen anywhere else. I can really understand why the band wouldn't want this to be released officially, not in a negative way, I just think they deserve a much better production to warrant an official release.

I did like all of the funny moments are little things here and there that we don't normally see. Plus the scenes on the beach when Chino is clearly off his head on something are a bit uncomfortable

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Bza々

Whomever produced the film needs to learn how to spell "Columbus".

Bza々

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Aug 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
What's the song chino and stef are singin?

sounded like James Brown but idk.

Knucklestones

Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
Heh. I noticed that. I live about 30 minutes or so south of there by the way, lol. In other words, I went to that September show back in 2010 at the Newport.

Bza々

Quote from: Knucklestones on Aug 30, 2012, 01:00 AM
Heh. I noticed that. I live about 30 minutes or so south of there by the way, lol. In other words, I went to that September show back in 2010 at the Newport.

Nice. Where u at? Circleville? Chillicothe? Washington Courthouse? I grew up in Grove City in Columbus. Newport is dope. I've been to a fuckload of shows there. Best venue I've been to in Cbus has gotta be the LC Pavilion tho.

976-EVIL

I cannot and will not see it. As much as I love DEFTONES if they don't want me to see it yet I won't...(kinda upsets me)

It's not like I have not tried, someone should wake up, Put this Out and do it for CHI !!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

lungdamage

Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 29, 2012, 11:33 PM

wasn't that a prince track?

Bza々

Quote from: lungdamage on Aug 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 29, 2012, 11:33 PM

wasn't that a prince track?

Might be. Neither one of em is really shit I listen to so i have no clue.

Vesanic

For fuck's sake.

Prince - The Beautiful Ones

tarkil

Just saw it, loved it! All these "intimate" moments, etc. it's interesting to see the "other side of the mirror" compared to all (shitty) official interviews.

Man I love this band.......

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: se7ennn on Aug 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Aug 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Aug 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
Can anyone tell me the time frame? The story is from how the band started till what year ?

what? the newest parts from it are from 2001 (spring?), when Chi cut his hair and Chino dyed his again. weird thing is, I remember a video on youtube labelled Minerva (Entertain Me: A Film about the Deftones) or something like that, which made me believe that the documentary would contain stuff from the S/T era too. that would have been perfection :(
The Andrew Bennett Interview from 2008 not Entertain Me obviously, question seemed like it was directed at the interview not the DVD. So don't get me wrong I knew when Chi had Dreads and Chino dyed his hair :P. Entertain Me goes from 99-01 with snippets from previous stuff cut in. I agree it woulda been cool if it had ST stuff involved but than again it'd just go to the time of the last deftones stuff of 01 cuz chino seemed to be with team sleep in late 01-early 02 so there's the cut. I'm not sure what time the Abe interviews in the car was could be some of the latest overall together with the Chi Stuff before they moved up to make Hawaii DVD.

snw9

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Aug 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote from: se7ennn on Aug 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Aug 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Aug 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
Can anyone tell me the time frame? The story is from how the band started till what year ?

what? the newest parts from it are from 2001 (spring?), when Chi cut his hair and Chino dyed his again. weird thing is, I remember a video on youtube labelled Minerva (Entertain Me: A Film about the Deftones) or something like that, which made me believe that the documentary would contain stuff from the S/T era too. that would have been perfection :(
The Andrew Bennett Interview from 2008 not Entertain Me obviously, question seemed like it was directed at the interview not the DVD. So don't get me wrong I knew when Chi had Dreads and Chino dyed his hair :P. Entertain Me goes from 99-01 with snippets from previous stuff cut in. I agree it woulda been cool if it had ST stuff involved but than again it'd just go to the time of the last deftones stuff of 01 cuz chino seemed to be with team sleep in late 01-early 02 so there's the cut. I'm not sure what time the Abe interviews in the car was could be some of the latest overall together with the Chi Stuff before they moved up to make Hawaii DVD.

Thanks both of you for answering my question. I was interested in the timeline of the DVD.
Code: [Select]

M1GHTY M4VS

Knucklestones

Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 30, 2012, 02:53 AM
Quote from: Knucklestones on Aug 30, 2012, 01:00 AM

Nice. Where u at? Circleville? Chillicothe? Washington Courthouse? I grew up in Grove City in Columbus. Newport is dope. I've been to a fuckload of shows there. Best venue I've been to in Cbus has gotta be the LC Pavilion tho.
Got it right on the first time. I've been in Circleville for about 6 years now and sweet.

Martin

In spite of it not being meant to be released (in this form), I must admit; I found it and watched it.

It's great to see. Watching live and behind the scenes footage of my all-time favorite band usually is. That said, I think I can - or I can imagine why - they wouldn't want this to be released, as well as thinking to be able to - through interviews and seeing them live - put this in perspective. If that makes sense.

slyartwork

All you children need some musical education and listen to Purple Rain dammit.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Bza々

Quote from: slyartwork on Aug 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
All you children need some musical education and listen to Purple Rain dammit.

meh. I was a little fucker in the 80s and artists like prince and boy george scared the shit out of me so I've never gave their music a listen.

mothraw

And now as a grown man you are still scared of someone who really don't wants to get hurt by you and just wants to see you laughing in the purple rain?
Check the movie dude,it's a classic!