Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

Quote from: mothraw on Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 PM
And now as a grown man you are still scared of someone who really don't wants to get hurt by you and just wants to see you laughing in the purple rain?
Check the movie dude,it's a classic!

Naw, I just have too much music to listen to already as it is, and I'm not crazy about much 80s music to begin with.

Teknoman

Well, i found and watched the video, i can't understand why they didn't want to release it.... it is not an award winning documentary that's for sure but i don't find it dark or decadent as some reviewers posted earlier, to me is just a classic band documentary, i mean the guys (except for Stef) talking about how they handle the fact that they have to be on tour for so long and how this affects their lives and bodies, some stories about how the band started and footage of the guys goofing around along with live performances and backstage images... pretty normal stuff for a touring band if you ask me.

If you want a sneak peak of this documentary check out the Digital Bath music video... pretty much all the footage used on that video comes from this documentary.

I make music too

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 01, 2012, 09:04 PM
... to me is just a classic band documentary, i mean the guys (except for Stef) talking about how they handle the fact that they have to be on tour for so long and how this affects their lives and bodies

yeah probably cuz he was smoked like usual and didn't meant to end on any footage :D

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I need this. I have plenty of money too. Sorry, the noisy wheel gets the grease.... ;)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Teknoman

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Sep 01, 2012, 09:14 PM
Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 01, 2012, 09:04 PM
... to me is just a classic band documentary, i mean the guys (except for Stef) talking about how they handle the fact that they have to be on tour for so long and how this affects their lives and bodies

yeah probably cuz he was smoked like usual and didn't meant to end on any footage :D

And also some pictures of him that ended up on the Digital Bath video are censored with a black stripe covering his eyes... i never understood the reason behind the censoring until i found out that he loves weed.  ;D

I make music too

Vesanic

Quote from: def-head on Sep 02, 2012, 03:52 AM
http://www.myspace.com/video/andrew-bennett/entertain-me-a-film-about-deftones-trailer-redux/40334101

This trailer has some footage from the S/T era.

The footage is from this show.
Deftones - Bloody Cape - Crest Theatre 2003

I have 7 words and Minerva from this show too. The story goes that the show was recorded by Andrew Bennett to be released as a DVD but nobody recorded the soundboard audio, only 7 words, which is the only one of the 3 videos that I have from the show that has live audio.

CHange also exists but is still hidden somewhere.

ToneDef

I watched it the other night. Honestly, I'd recommend it. It's certainly more appealing to the hardcore fan though. There are things in this documentary that would have made my dick hard years ago, at the peak of my obsession. I can totally understand why they wouldn't want it released. But as a fan, I loved it.

kleptoned

very good film...enjoyed it thoroughly

SIGH

As a long time fan and ex-late90's-Deftones-VHS-bootleg collector- I really fucking loved this movie. So many little moments and windows into their world. It made me admire how much they ARENT in the spotlight.

That being said, I can see why it wasnt released. A deftones doc should have a more cinematic quality to it. not in the vid quality, but in the editing, in the footage, in the feel.  "Wives" is a no no subject in tour docs(kids are okay tho). this one went kind of deep into it. I feel like more should have been filmed to possibly edit in.

I was really shocked that I didnt know about this. I'm really glad I found it. but after watching it, I think it's good that you have to search for it. It is better suited for the hardcore fans.

lithium

i don't think it's a final cut, the trailer on andrew bennet's site is in high quality, and has clips that aren't in the movie.
i think what leaked was a first cut, or something unfinished.
💩

Vesanic

pony_01

i believe there's and extended version of it, since the movie duration only 1.15 h which is too short for me

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Who knows, who knows...
Andrew Bennett obviously, just be a geek and say you leaked it and if it he implies there would be more, anyone would know then :D Just kidding, it would have abnormal consequences if anyone does, he'd probably spoil any available online vids he can take down :D
Inspite he's deadly mad on the real guy who leaked it there was something about it that he wasn't satisfied with, can make up your mind what it is.

slyartwork

That trailer at least has better titles in the image. On the actual film they are BAD....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

mrpelon94

the part where chino is chilling drinking and death by plane is playing in the background, is sick..even if it was a dark time in his life?.idk......what was up with abe dressed up like a chick ..haha..i know it was halloween but he seemed to enjoy it hahaha

BillyNo.9

We need the ATF video, I wanna see that degenerate shit so bad.

ruinfix

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 02, 2012, 03:23 AM
I need this. I have plenty of money too. Sorry, the noisy wheel gets the grease.... ;)

Its not that hard to find. I got it two nights ago off of Pirate Bay.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
i believe there's and extended version of it, since the movie duration only 1.15 h which is too short for me

There is definitely not an extended version so don't start any rumors. Andrew has more footage obviously and what was leaked was not final cut, it was almost final cut.

This leak will go down in deftones history and become a cult classic for fans and music fans alike. 

blondie

too late, i read what you edited out. i can't unread it now, but i admire your perseverance.

asshole

Quote from: asshole on Aug 28, 2012, 05:45 AM
minute 45:15 is that waldrock... it sounds like it and he looks very fucked up
anyone?
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...