Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

It should be more like single if it's big news.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

iceache

Quote from: bewareofrats on Sep 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
It should be more like single if it's big news.

Rumor has Single tomorrow.

defsteve

Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 13, 2012, 06:39 AMApparently, big news 21st September...

Where did that come from ?
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Sep 13, 2012, 12:03 AM

That's because Japanese has three alphabets.  Two phonetic ones unique to Japan and one ideographic set that is taken directly from Chinese with some small modifications.  Hence, three of those four characters are "Chinese".  Anyone who's studied Japanese seriously would have learned this within their first month.

could you note wich versions would correspond to the three alphabets? that would be rather interesting to see!

The only phonetic character is the hiragana for "no," which is the little guy that looks kind of like a sperm (の). The other characters are all kanji, the Chinese style of writing. Anywho, no need for anyone to get puffy about it, lol. Don't be a Japanese elitist Rainny, typically the only people who get defensive about Japanese are anime kids, haha. Help the guy out, don't scold him for not being a Japanese scholar. ほっとけよ. 喋るの??

I wish I didn't know something was going down tomorrow, now I'm going to be anxiously waiting for it, haha. Oh the excitement!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

laurapalmer

Regardless of when we may or may not hear the first single, I'd bet my balls there is no way the single is Rosemary OR Roller Derby. Think of the previous first singles. Diamond Eyes, Hole In The Earth, Minerva, Change. Roller Derby is too "heavy" for a first single, and Rosemary is too "weird". Not that I necessarily agree with those thoughts but think of it in the terms of a labels A&R rep.

Gee

Rocket skates was the first single for DE, and it's not exactly a lullaby now is it :)
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Gee

Actually Rocket skates was the first single for DE, and it's not exactly a lullaby now is it :)

So watch out for those balls of yours dude.

Edit : Sorry for the double posting, tried to delete the first one but either it's still too early in the morning for me or either you just can't do it.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Bza々

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 13, 2012, 07:32 AM
Regardless of when we may or may not hear the first single, I'd bet my balls there is no way the single is Rosemary OR Roller Derby. Think of the previous first singles. Diamond Eyes, Hole In The Earth, Minerva, Change. Roller Derby is too "heavy" for a first single, and Rosemary is too "weird". Not that I necessarily agree with those thoughts but think of it in the terms of a labels A&R rep.

Single won't be rosemary. Rosemary is way too amazing to be a single.

ZackND

pretty sure the first single will be "Lobster Hands"

Cherry Waves

EAD!

Millennia

the single will be rosemary or rollerderby, theres no way they would let everyone hear a third new song at this point

ZackND

why not? correct me if i'm wrong but rapture and beware were both played live before "hole in the earth was released", like I said I might be mistaken.

Millennia

Quote from: ZackND on Sep 13, 2012, 09:57 AM
why not? correct me if i'm wrong but rapture and beware were both played live before "hole in the earth was released", like I said I might be mistaken.
oh yeah sorry forgot about that, maybe it is a possibility

bewareofrats

I'm kind of hoping it's Rosemary just because I don't want to over play too many songs.  Not that I've listened to RM and RD that much but I have a few times and I'm sure I'll play the single pretty hard.  I'm hoping to stay away from RM and RD until the leak at least, unless RM is the single.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Jerry_Curls

I love how anxious everyone is getting. I feel like a lot of bands are waiting till the actual release of their new album to start talking about it. Crystal Castles hasn't even given the title of the new album, very few details about their new album and it should be coming this month or next. Converge premiered the video for their video last week and that album is coming out next month. Be patient you guys, it's coming :-)

I just feel like in this day and age, we don't need months of hype in magazines, videos, media, etc... we get our information in minutes flat. So all this LACK of information will pay off because we will get infor and then BAM album is out and THEN the hype happens.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

laurapalmer

Rocket Skates was not the first single. Just cause it was released online first doesn't make it a single.

Millennia

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 13, 2012, 10:35 AM
Rocket Skates was not the first single. Just cause it was released online first doesn't make it a single.
we are all talking about the first studio version of a song that is released by the band for the public to hear.
doesnt matter if its technically a single or not.

rock_n_frost

can i just say for the last time..
it leaked :/

it is RollerDerby
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Millennia

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
can i just say for the last time..
it leaked :/

it is RollerDerby
link? source?