Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Sep 13, 2012, 07:31 AM
Quote from: Slacker on Sep 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Sep 13, 2012, 12:03 AM

That's because Japanese has three alphabets.  Two phonetic ones unique to Japan and one ideographic set that is taken directly from Chinese with some small modifications.  Hence, three of those four characters are "Chinese".  Anyone who's studied Japanese seriously would have learned this within their first month.

could you note wich versions would correspond to the three alphabets? that would be rather interesting to see!

The only phonetic character is the hiragana for "no," which is the little guy that looks kind of like a sperm (の). The other characters are all kanji, the Chinese style of writing. Anywho, no need for anyone to get puffy about it, lol. Don't be a Japanese elitist Rainny, typically the only people who get defensive about Japanese are anime kids, haha. Help the guy out, don't scold him for not being a Japanese scholar. ほっとけよ. 喋るの??

I wish I didn't know something was going down tomorrow, now I'm going to be anxiously waiting for it, haha. Oh the excitement!

Much respect,
-Matt

Haha thanks for sticking up for a brah. I was trying to figure out why he was jumping down my throat about my obvious "uneducated" comment. I only took Japanese for a semester... 10 years ago. Lucky I remember that there's more then one alphabet. lol

Back on topic...

I hope the single is Rosemary and drops today. Maybe the 21st is the official unveiling, aka album cover/tracklisting. Also kinda wondering if they're going to stream it like they did SNW on Myspace... all those years ago.

Or maybe... the 21st will be Eros related? Ohhh boy!  :P

Vesanic

Wait, what? A new single? Where? What the?

Millennia

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wait, what? A new single? Where? What the?
just woke up? haha

Vesanic

Indeed! Sleep and Deftones dedication are a terrible, suicidal combination.

defsteve

Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 13, 2012, 06:39 AMApparently, big news 21st September...

Where was that said ?
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

stu_101

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 13, 2012, 06:39 AMApparently, big news 21st September...

Where was that said ?

It was on a tweet I saw this morning when I came across the Metal Hammer tweet. Just went to find it but seems to be deleted/taken down.

defsteve

Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote from: defsteve on Sep 13, 2012, 12:07 PM

Where was that said ?

It was on a tweet I saw this morning when I came across the Metal Hammer tweet. Just went to find it but seems to be deleted/taken down.

OK ta.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

sing blue silver

I'd say Rosemary will be the first studio track we hear. Doesn't really sound like a radio single though but when has that ever mattered to Deftones. I mostly wanna hear the studio version of Roller Derby. It'll be one of those 2 though I think. Doesn't seem likely that we'll hear 3 songs before the album is out. It's not SNW Deftones anymore.

Vesanic

Is it supposed to air today on a certain radio or something?

Slacker

where is my single niggahs?

iceache

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 13, 2012, 01:42 PM

It's 7 am PDT. Chiiiiilllllllllll

alan1o

is there actual rumours of a single today?  i haven't read any. I'm anxious for new 'tones!!! just a little dip into the new album

Slacker

Quote from: iceache on Sep 13, 2012, 02:01 PM

right, i guess we gotta work with PDT...its already afternoon in europe, way late in eastern world...11:36 am in chile...

dont tell me to chill when im feeling like a freaking late 90's teenage girl at a backstreet boys show...

worst advice ever, dont you think?

therealdaebat

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
Quote from: iceache on Sep 13, 2012, 02:01 PM

right, i guess we gotta work with PDT...its already afternoon in europe, way late in eastern world...11:36 am in chile...

dont tell me to chill when im feeling like a freaking late 90's teenage girl at a backstreet boys show...

worst advice ever, dont you think?

chill bro
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

iceache

Quote from: alan1o on Sep 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
is there actual rumours of a single today?  i haven't read any. I'm anxious for new 'tones!!! just a little dip into the new album

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529094547107929&set=a.491420244208693.129690.448498581834193&type=1&theater

sing blue silver

I'll believe it when I hear it. Skeptisism ftw!!

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 13, 2012, 03:05 PM

Same here.. but its gotta drop eventually right?

alan1o

Yeah i'm skeptical. lets hope :).

x Rx King x

While I would love for a single today, it would seem a little odd for them to release it on a Thursday, in any way shape or form... I suppose Deftones are known for doing that (SNW). I dunno... I just have my suspiscions. Would be a pleasant surprise to discover it today though!   :D

fuzzylogics

Quote from: iceache on Sep 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 13, 2012, 03:05 PM

Same here.. but its gotta drop eventually right?

I like that attitude.