Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

I'd like a new deftones font as well.  A plain bold font like that doesn't seem right for an album with a Japanese title and I'd like them to do something different to separate it from Diamond Eyes.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

lozz

There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

sing blue silver

The ouija board design was for new merch I believe so even though I desperately hope it's not the album cover, those who like it can buy the shirt.

lozz

defsteve, I didn't call out your pinkerton one because it was fun to see the reactions of people who don't know where it is taken from. Could of waited a couple of days before calling out my rival schools one no? hehe

sing blue silver

Your font was a pretty big giveaway even for people who might not know that album.

Robotsatemygrandma

I think the lettering in that fan made "promo" is Chinese... not Japanese. At least not the Japanese alphabet I know.

defsteve

Quote from: lozz on Sep 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
defsteve, I didn't call out your pinkerton one because it was fun to see the reactions of people who don't know where it is taken from. Could of waited a couple of days before calling out my rival schools one no? hehe

No. You didn't call out my Pinkerton one because it wasn't me who did it  ;)
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

rainnyx4

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Sep 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
I think the lettering in that fan made "promo" is Chinese... not Japanese. At least not the Japanese alphabet I know.

It's very clearly Japanese and not Chinese.  You definitely don't know any Japanese.

lozz

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote from: lozz on Sep 11, 2012, 11:32 AM

No. You didn't call out my Pinkerton one because it wasn't me who did it  ;)

ahhh getting you and sly mixed up I think, or someone else? nevermind, I want to see some fake koi no yokan single covers!

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

tarkil

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Sep 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Sep 11, 2012, 12:48 PM

It's very clearly Japanese and not Chinese.  You definitely don't know any Japanese.

This

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

The Chauffer

I have this weird feeling that the label is gonna push the date back to 2013. A lot of anticipation for an album does that to the suits. Once they hear all the anticipation...they'll want to capitalize on it.

Inkblades

That would be a real dick move on their parts. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

slyartwork

Hope I don't get banned for life by posting my alternative covers again.

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

M1GHTY M4VS

just indicate that they're fan made / fake and free of cockolds

slyartwork

I did, still wondering what they (Frank Maddocks/Warner and Deftones) come up with. I'm always interested in the whole deal. Deftones never cared much for artwork on records. They just let some designer (Frank Maddocks in most cases) do his thing with White Pony being the first release he worked on. Last time we got the owl. Could be some design-type design like White Pony. Not sure yet.

Always love this pre-album waiting. I was anxcious too when ATF came out! Those where the days. No album leaked yet and I had to go to a store to buy it and go home to listen to it with headphones on...
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

theis

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hope I don't get banned for life by posting my alternative covers again.

BANNED!!!!111

iceache

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
Always love this pre-album waiting. I was anxcious too when ATF came out! Those where the days. No album leaked yet and I had to go to a store to buy it and go home to listen to it with headphones on...

Well KNY is doing better than DE with leaking. Unless the album leaks within the next day or 2 lol

I dunno if this would work or not, but I think they should go all digital release for the first week or 2, however long it takes to go from mass disc production to the shelves.

This way, they can control when the release date is, and most likely any leaking... and then after a week or 2 they'll have physical discs, and then it'll already be out.

I think that would maximize sales.