Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2012, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

Agreed, or have like a regular edition download online for those who cant wait, then the actual physical copy would be a limited extended collectors edition with more songs and stuff, that would make the green.

iceache

I guess that could work, add the b-sides to the album or have the EPK/B-sides as a separate disc

The Chauffer

Those are good ideas. I like extra stuff. Not a vinyl fan though. I don't understand why people like vinyl so much. I listened to "Parabola" on vinyl and then on CD. CD version was superior. I guess it depends on the recording process...

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
I did, still wondering what they (Frank Maddocks/Warner and Deftones) come up with. I'm always interested in the whole deal. Deftones never cared much for artwork on records. They just let some designer (Frank Maddocks in most cases) do his thing with White Pony being the first release he worked on. Last time we got the owl. Could be some design-type design like White Pony. Not sure yet.

Always love this pre-album waiting. I was anxcious too when ATF came out! Those where the days. No album leaked yet and I had to go to a store to buy it and go home to listen to it with headphones on...

yeah there was basically no internet in '97 and photoshop wasn't available to most at the time, so no leaks, no cover fakes, no old naked men if you had luck to avoid them.
I like the ST period of artwork the most, but they had some awesome tour posters for SNW. White Pony was pretty generic at the time and the title spoke for itself so the artwork was iconic but dull.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
I did, still wondering what they (Frank Maddocks/Warner and Deftones) come up with. I'm always interested in the whole deal. Deftones never cared much for artwork on records. They just let some designer (Frank Maddocks in most cases) do his thing with White Pony being the first release he worked on. Last time we got the owl. Could be some design-type design like White Pony. Not sure yet.

Always love this pre-album waiting. I was anxcious too when ATF came out! Those where the days. No album leaked yet and I had to go to a store to buy it and go home to listen to it with headphones on...
was great then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck 2012
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

TheShade1989

Now that ppl are tlking about it, I am excited, not just about the music, but to see what the album cover is. I mean, you can never guess with something like "Diamond Eyes" or "Saturday Night Wrist", but Koi No Yokan is intriguing because of not just the meaning, but the fact that it's in Japanese, so I'm curious to see whether the cover will play on that influence, the meaning, both or neither. Judging by Rosemary and Roller Derby, I'd also think it's safe to say that the album doesnt have a Japanese theme running through it, musically/lyrically. Especially since they didnt even think of a title until recently.

Slacker

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 12, 2012, 12:44 AM
Now that ppl are tlking about it, I am excited, not just about the music, but to see what the album cover is. I mean, you can never guess with something like "Diamond Eyes" or "Saturday Night Wrist", but Koi No Yokan is intriguing because of not just the meaning, but the fact that it's in Japanese, so I'm curious to see whether the cover will play on that influence, the meaning, both or neither. Judging by Rosemary and Roller Derby, I'd also think it's safe to say that the album doesnt have a Japanese theme running through it, musically/lyrically. Especially since they didnt even think of a title until recently.

it would be atypcal of deftones for the album to be thematical.

i wouldnt bet that the album will be japanese oriented, besides the album title.

lets not forget deftones its not strange to foreign names on their material (e.i mascara, feiticeira, etc)

sing blue silver

Quote from: The Chauffer on Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
Those are good ideas. I like extra stuff. Not a vinyl fan though. I don't understand why people like vinyl so much. I listened to "Parabola" on vinyl and then on CD. CD version was superior. I guess it depends on the recording process...

Depends on the record player. If you have a shit needle, it'll sound like shit. I spent a lot of money on my vinyl setup and I have lateralus on vinyl and it sounds amazing. Way better than CD for me. But a shitty record player will make any record sound like farts.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many varying editions and formats of this album I'll have to buy.

The Chauffer

Do you think that Koi No Yokan could be the name of one of the tracks too?

The Chauffer

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Quote from: The Chauffer on Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 PM

Depends on the record player. If you have a shit needle, it'll sound like shit. I spent a lot of money on my vinyl setup and I have lateralus on vinyl and it sounds amazing. Way better than CD for me. But a shitty record player will make any record sound like farts.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many varying editions and formats of this album I'll have to buy.

Good point. My record player IS shitty.

sing blue silver

Hmmm... Odds say it won't be an album track. Deftones have only had a title track twice but that doesnt mean anything. Things like that are impossible to predict.

mothraw

Everybody in here is so calm right now.......i hope koi no yokan is just a funname deftones put us fans on to nodirect us from addicting the new record.the cover  would be the one sly made but with some links to oldmenhavinsexsites on it.......hu da hell kerz.....?        I

Bza々

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 12, 2012, 01:02 AM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 12, 2012, 12:44 AM

it would be atypcal of deftones for the album to be thematical.

i wouldnt bet that the album will be japanese oriented, besides the album title.

lets not forget deftones its not strange to foreign names on their material (e.i mascara, feiticeira, etc)

Of course it's not going to be Japanese oriented, like I said on the other thread: they're not trying to become born again Japanese or some shit. All these anime and pikachu freaks get hard-ons because they see a phrase in katakana and automatically the deftones are samurais smh.

bewareofrats

I really like some of Crosses music but I hope it doesn't come through too much in Koi No Yokan.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

cesar421

If we don't have a single before the 22nd. at least we are going to have a sbd version of Rosemary. The Epicenter fest is likely to be stream and i heard that the aftershock festival too.

There Will Be Blood

cant wait for some album art

normsteez

I cant wait for something official to be released. I think in October were going to to get flooded with news and promotional updates as well as the first single/video.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

bewareofrats

That's crap.  We should at least be getting news like tracklisting and/or cover any time now.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

slyartwork

In the 90's some bands released the vinyl version at first. That would be awesome. No CD or digital formats yet but an actual vinyl record one week prior to the digital releases.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

deftoolsys07

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
In the 90's some bands released the vinyl version at first. That would be awesome. No CD or digital formats yet but an actual vinyl record one week prior to the digital releases.

I would go out and buy a record player just to hear the album one week earlier if that was the case haha

edit: nevermind, I forgot I already have one...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/