Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

Quote from: bewareofrats on Sep 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
I really like some of Crosses music but I hope it doesn't come through too much in Koi No Yokan.

Naw man. This album's gonna be a WP/SNW/DE hybrid with new shit they've never incorporated before.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BJRed

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Sep 12, 2012, 05:41 AM
Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 12, 2012, 04:55 AM
In the 90's some bands released the vinyl version at first. That would be awesome. No CD or digital formats yet but an actual vinyl record one week prior to the digital releases.

The only band I know of that did that was Pearl Jam when they released Vitalogy.

BJRed

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 12, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Sep 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
cant wait for some album art
why?
Why? Apart from Diamond eyes, Deftones album covers and booklets have been fantastic, it goes along with the music, like Tool, it makes you want to buy the entire package and absorb it, rather than downloading it on ein-tunes.

nineteen

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 11, 2012, 07:35 PM

Always love this pre-album waiting. I was anxcious too when ATF came out! Those where the days. No album leaked yet and I had to go to a store to buy it and go home to listen to it with headphones on...

100%.

I remember disliking the ATF artwork at the time (love it now) but I remember thinking it was a bit odd.

In relation to this topic, I hope that the artwork/music for KNY is something I don't understand at first as it's like any record that's difficult to get into; It usually has the longevity in listening and this sometimes applies for me personally with the artwork.

Millennia

i reckon it will leak in october

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Sep 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Sep 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
I think the lettering in that fan made "promo" is Chinese... not Japanese. At least not the Japanese alphabet I know.

It's very clearly Japanese and not Chinese.  You definitely don't know any Japanese.

Ouch lol. And yea you're right... it is Japanese. Two of the characters looked Chinese to me though.

Robotsatemygrandma

I remember the WP EPK. Damn that shit was slamming. I must of geeked out on that for hours. Too bad a lot of bands don't do that anymore.

Or I simply don't pay enough attention.

Slacker

Quote from: cesar421 on Sep 12, 2012, 01:59 AM
If we don't have a single before the 22nd. at least we are going to have a sbd version of Rosemary. The Epicenter fest is likely to be stream and i heard that the aftershock festival too.

nice thinking

There Will Be Blood

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

pissedandpierced

Moving back to the original topic, majority of leaks are actually done by the record companies because they need to keep the fans intersted if not fans will just be posting bumming grannies online. I can see something being leaked in the next few weeks. Within a month further album details and possibly artwork will be about. Think about it, all the media promo stuff is out weeks before the release date. I doubt the album will be pushed back to 2013. Warner will need the cash and of the album is ready they will get it out so the band can do a big fuck off tour and loads of promo to make shit loads more money in 2013.

I treat new albums from my favourite bands like Christmas presents, I'm staying away from all leaks. I won't be listening to the album until I have the physical copy in my hand. If they decide to release a single before then, I will obviously snap that up.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Vesanic

Thanks for getting back on topic, pissedandpierced. Won't do that again. Fuck you, rock_n_frost. :(

There Will Be Blood

Im really surprised we aren't seeing more interviews or tweets from the band about the album. It's kinda like they are in Lockdown mode.

mothraw

Ja. I cannot wait to have that thing in my hands,to put my headphones on and stream that shit straight into my drunk head.not sure if i could resist a leak.could not when wp and de came out

fuzzylogics

From a business standpoint they probably wouldn't push it back to 2013 either. They've invested the funds for the record in 2012, they would like to see returns that year as well. Then again the music industry is probably one of the worst business models out there, so not sure if that would even apply.

They = WB

The Chauffer

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Sep 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
Im really surprised we aren't seeing more interviews or tweets from the band about the album. It's kinda like they are in Lockdown mode.

I agree. Not too much news on it which IS strange.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: The Chauffer on Sep 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Sep 12, 2012, 09:12 PM

I agree. Not too much news on it which IS strange.

They probably can't be arsed and have better things to do.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

NightTimeCavity

I can't wait for this album. Probably gonna stay away from leaks. As far as the album cover goes...maybe another chick? Overhead shot of a hot Japanese girl? I know that's entirely cliche and unlikely but I wouldn't mind it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Bza々 on Sep 12, 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote from: bewareofrats on Sep 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
I really like some of Crosses music but I hope it doesn't come through too much in Koi No Yokan.

Naw man. This album's gonna be a WP/SNW/DE hybrid with new shit they've never incorporated before.

what is that???? lol, forreal
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!