Download Festival 2013

Started by defsteve, Sep 20, 2012, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

defsteve

Vodafone would appear to have leaked the final headliner, whilst promoting their Vodafone VIP 48-hour ticket presale. Woops.

Obviously removed once Live Nation found out.....haha! Always get a screenshot.

sing blue silver

Pearl Jam seem a little out of place at Download to me. Still, they put on a great show. I never knew Rammstein was big enough to headline something like this. Must be a European thing.

defsteve

Vodafone were wrong. It's Slipknot.....

sing blue silver

That makes a lot more sense. I figured slipknot would be playing it again. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm in the minority on this board that likes slipknot.

black coffee

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 27, 2012, 01:16 AM
I never knew Rammstein was big enough to headline something like this. Must be a European thing.

from what I've heard they're pretty big in the States. Here in Europe tickets are usually sold out within minutes, even if they play the same city three days in a row in a stadium. My brother saw Rammstein in New York last year, and he said the concert was held in an arena thats normally used for basketball games.. that is not too bad if you ask me

lithium

Rammstein puts on a hell of a live show, they don't disappoint.
💩

defsteve

Deftones to sub Slipknot? Thanks.....

Vesanic

black coffee

^guess he was just hoping for that to happen. I just checked, Slipknot are definitely going to play Download festival.

sooniletugo

Good balance, if Deftones are added to the bill i'll consider going. Need to see them again and cant afford them missing out Scotland again!

DJR

They usually are drawn towards Reading and Leeds lately, I've seen Tones at both leeds and Download but the last Download show was 3/4 years ago now? Download has gone pretty iffy lately, last one i went to was actually when Deftones played along with Nonpoint, Porcupine Tree and Stone Temple Pilots. Was a good year! Im kinda hoping they play Glastonbury as i have my deposit down on a ticket and dont have a clue who is going to play :/

sooniletugo

I think they last played Download in 2010, and did Leeds/Reading this year as well as 2009 so hopefully not again. Glastonbury would be a nice change and would work out nicely for you haha. Here's some UK dates for Feb if you haven't seen them yet.

Friday 15 February - Glasgow Barrowlands
Saturday 16 February - Nottingham Rock City
Monday 18 February - Manchester Academy
Tuesday 19 February - 02 Birmingham Academy
Wednesday 20 February - 02 Brixton Academy

DJR

Quote from: sooniletugo on Oct 21, 2012, 01:23 AM

Friday 15 February - Glasgow Barrowlands
Saturday 16 February - Nottingham Rock City
Monday 18 February - Manchester Academy
Tuesday 19 February - 02 Birmingham Academy
Wednesday 20 February - 02 Brixton Academy

Cheers bud! :) Manchester or Birmingham here i come

Cod

defsteve

Quote from: defsteve on Oct 17, 2012, 11:41 PM
Deftones to sub Slipknot? Thanks.....

So Bullet For My Valentine have been announced as subbing Slipknot. Not good.....

defsteve

According to Download/Live Nation booker, Deftones were due to be over in June and would have been at Download Festival (UK) but their summer commitments changed and they were no longer available.

Be interesting to see how that pans out....

defsteve

A shame as the lineup could definitely do with Deftones....

DeftonesNZ

That line-ip's not too flash ,I wish Alice in Chains would just give it up they should have quit when Layne died or atleast made a new band